Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 8

Ozzie's rant

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is tired of seeing his hitters treated like pincushions and vowed Sunday to retaliate. Three players were hit Saturday, and Paul Konerko has been hit four times in the last eight games. "If I see somebody hitting my players and I know it's on purpose, two guys are going down," Guillen said. "I don't care if I get suspended." The Sox have been hit by pitches 45 times this season, which ranked fifth in the majors through Saturday. The Indians have been hit 65 times, most in the majors. Though no one was hit on Sunday, Guillen was worried some of his players would get hurt. "If you can't pitch in or don't know how, don't do it," he said. "It's getting to the point where they hit us seven times, 20 times in one week, and I hit one, I'm a headhunter."

What happened to baseball players taking care of it themselves now the manager has to tell the pitcher to hit someone.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 256

Re: Ozzie's rant

Hmm and with an attitude like that, just to know that I could get under his skin, if I was an opposing manager I would tell my pitcher to throw at his team even more now!

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 18

I love Ozzie for being honest like this...now I wish somehow we could get Buerhle & Contreras back on track after last week

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day".-Frank Sinatra

@cyfert26 on Twitter

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 105

After watching the Indians/White Sox game on Sat. it really did seem like the Sox had targets on them. It didn't look intentional, but I understand Ozzie's point in that they are still in the race for the AL central and can't stand to let anyone get hurt. I loathe the white sox, but I will not argue that they have the most honest and intense manager in all of baseball. I'm giving him 2 games until they throw him out after he starts having his pitchers plunk opponents.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Chicago White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen may have wanted to draw the attention of opponents by threatening to retaliate if his players get hit by a pitch, but he also garnered the interest of Major League Baseball.
    The league is looking into comments Guillen made on Sunday about retaliation, according to an MLB source.

Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    What happened to baseball players taking care of it themselves now the manager has to tell the pitcher to hit someone.
    Um, been like this for a long time. Difference is Guillen doesn't care what people think in acknowledging it's been like this forever.

There is really only one valid reason to hate Michigan football, and that is the fact that we taught Notre Dame the game.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

This was so stupid. Not only is every ump going to be inspecting every white sox pitch for foul play from now on, Guillen even said that he didn't think the Indians were doing it on purpose. Well if they weren't doing it on purpose what are you ******** about?

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LeSchmick View Post
    This was so stupid. Not only is every ump going to be inspecting every white sox pitch for foul play from now on, Guillen even said that he didn't think the Indians were doing it on purpose. Well if they weren't doing it on purpose what are you ******** about?
    It's a psychological thing mainly, imo. I think Guillen wants his players to know he has his back. Also, he doesn't give care about what anyone thinks and he speaks his mind and he sees his team as being targeted in general. So, he opens his mouth...I don't know. He's a bit crazy, but he's a good manager.

There is really only one valid reason to hate Michigan football, and that is the fact that we taught Notre Dame the game.

All-Star
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The Indians were hit 103 times last year. 23 more times than any other team in the league. Good for a record haha. They've been hit 65 times this year. 12 times more than any other team. Kelly Shoppach has been hit 15 times alone this year. But hey the Indians are 4th in the whole league in runs scored despite being terrible. But being hit on purpose is obviously a different thing.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,506

Quote Originally Posted by egami View Post
    It's a psychological thing mainly, imo. I think Guillen wants his players to know he has his back. Also, he doesn't give care about what anyone thinks and he speaks his mind and he sees his team as being targeted in general. So, he opens his mouth...I don't know. He's a bit crazy, but he's a good manager.
    I agree. How many times do you hear of trouble with the White Sox unless it's Ozzie running his mouth about something? He excels at taking the PR hit away from his players, and absorbing the heat for them.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 182

Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is tired of seeing his hitters treated like pincushions and vowed Sunday to retaliate. Three players were hit Saturday, and Paul Konerko has been hit four times in the last eight games. "If I see somebody hitting my players and I know it's on purpose, two guys are going down," Guillen said. "I don't care if I get suspended." The Sox have been hit by pitches 45 times this season, which ranked fifth in the majors through Saturday. The Indians have been hit 65 times, most in the majors. Though no one was hit on Sunday, Guillen was worried some of his players would get hurt. "If you can't pitch in or don't know how, don't do it," he said. "It's getting to the point where they hit us seven times, 20 times in one week, and I hit one, I'm a headhunter."

Predictable response from a cross-town rival. If it was sweet Lou, you'd be proud he was backing up his players.

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I agree. How many times do you hear of trouble with the White Sox unless it's Ozzie running his mouth about something? He excels at taking the PR hit away from his players, and absorbing the heat for them.
    I kind of think, personally, that guys like playing for a guy like this, generally. I would have loved a coach like this.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,788
    Given: 1,506

Quote Originally Posted by egami View Post
    I kind of think, personally, that guys like playing for a guy like this, generally. I would have loved a coach like this.
    I would've, too. Except that he would have cut me.

Give somebody a boss that has their back and respects them, and you've got people that will give their all.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Rookie
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    Hmm and with an attitude like that, just to know that I could get under his skin, if I was an opposing manager I would tell my pitcher to throw at his team even more now!
    And then your best player would get hit in the head and probably put on the DL after that.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Major League Baseball vice president of discipline Bob Watson issued a warning to the Chicago White Sox and manager Ozzie Guillen over Guillen's threat to retaliate, but MLB will not suspend or fine Guillen, a source told ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine.
    After three of his players were hit by Cleveland Indians pitchers on Saturday, Guillen warned on Sunday that if one of his players gets hit, and he believes it was on purpose, the opposing team will suffer the consequences.
    "If I see someone hit my player, and I know they hit him on purpose, it's two guys going down," Guillen said Sunday. "I don't care if I get suspended. I rather have me suspended for two games than have my players on the DL for 30 days."
    Watson warned the Sox and Guillen that more conversation about the subject in that manner would be dealt with more aggressively, Levine reported.
    Guillen said Monday before his team's game against the Seattle Mariners that he hadn't heard from MLB officials, and he said he didn't expect to because nothing happened on the field.