Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Post A Day In The Life

    A Day In The Life: Football Practice Number Four - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

    I was reading on this article and my understanding is that they start at 6AM and end 10:30PM...Would meetings be mixed into these time lines and also with breakfast and lunch??..because thats one long *** pratice


    Last edited by mj4cy; 08-10-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: language filter
    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,824, Level: 69
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Points
    49,824
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

    Re: A Day In The Life

    yeaa they would have about 3 breaks inbetween all of that practices normally run 2.5-3 hours long



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    yeaa they would have about 3 breaks inbetween all of that practices normally run 2.5-3 hours long
    oh ok..i was going to say dang thats a long pratice


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    742
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Actualy it is 6am to about 9:30 pm with food breaks. Not sure about watching film.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,204, Level: 27
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    348
    Points
    8,204
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Breakfast is included in that time frame



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,318, Level: 82
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,295
    Points
    70,318
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 616

    Re: A Day In The Life

    when I was playing the schedule was as follows (approximately):

    AM 6:00 wakeup call and head to breakfast
    7:00 get dressed and taped for practice
    8:00 practice starts
    10:30 practice ends
    11:00 position meeting
    PM 12:00 lunch
    break time
    2:00 get dressed and taped
    2:30 position meetings
    3:15 practice starts
    6:00 practice ends
    6:30 snack time
    7:00 team meeting (usually some sort of outside presentation, DPS, Ames Police, Big 12 officials, etc.)
    8:00 position meetings
    9:00 supper
    10:30 hotel check in (do not be late!)

    After a week you were sick of it and couldn't wait for school to start, well at least I was lol.



  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,204, Level: 27
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    348
    Points
    8,204
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Quote Originally Posted by isufbcurt View Post
    when I was playing the schedule was as follows (approximately):

    AM 6:00 wakeup call and head to breakfast
    7:00 get dressed and taped for practice
    8:00 practice starts
    10:30 practice ends
    11:00 position meeting
    PM 12:00 lunch
    break time
    2:00 get dressed and taped
    2:30 position meetings
    3:15 practice starts
    6:00 practice ends
    6:30 snack time
    7:00 team meeting (usually some sort of outside presentation, DPS, Ames Police, Big 12 officials, etc.)
    8:00 position meetings
    9:00 supper
    10:30 hotel check in (do not be late!)

    After a week you were sick of it and couldn't wait for school to start, well at least I was lol.
    The afternoon practice's are at 2:20 now. or at least it was yesterday.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 28,175, Level: 51
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    1,844
    Points
    28,175
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Quote Originally Posted by kcclone33 View Post
    The afternoon practice's are at 2:20 now. or at least it was yesterday.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: A Day In The Life

    Quote Originally Posted by GoShow97 View Post


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM