Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

Rashard Lewis gets 10 game ban

Basketball has long been the final frontier of performance-enhancing drugs. No one —athlete, medical professional, or blowhard like me — seems able to agree on whether PEDs would actually help players, whether anyone would be interested and whether there's reason to suspect that the NBA is as lousy with performance-enhancers as other sports.
    However, that doesn't mean there aren't sometimes suspensions. They are few and far between, but they happen. Like this afternoon, when we learned that Rashard Lewis would be suspended for the first 10 games of 2009-10 for an elevated testosterone level. As we all know from the Manny Ramirez saga, this is a sign that the athlete is doing something to make himself more manly.

More details, from the Orlando Sentinel:
    According to league sources, Lewis was taking nutritional supplements at the end of last season that unknowing to him contained a substance commonly known as DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) – a chemical compound made naturally in the body but also found in numerous over-the-counter supplements at nutritional stores. The substance is banned by most sports leagues, including the NBA. One source said he believed Lewis’s positive test was "an honest mistake."

"There are more than 100 banned substances on the league’s list and athletes have to watch everything they take from common cold medications to vitamins to supplements," the source said.
    Lewis himself has released a statement saying, more or less, "Oops."

Just an answer like that comes across to me that he doesn't care that he got caught

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 31

Re: Rashard Lewis gets 10 game ban

There is no way Turkgalou(sp) put on the 30 lbs of muscle he did last year without doping... I wouldn't be suprised if there isn't something going down with alot of the Magic players... Also, your testerosterone levels don't get as high as his were with ANYTHING over the counter...

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/MarkHanrahan20

Check out my blog
    http://markhanrahan.com

and tune into "Extra Innings" Thursdays at 6pm on 1460kxno