Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 46

Sports guy regarding Acie Earl era in Boston.

2. Really liked Acie Law IV (21 pts, 15 assists), who reminds me of Damon Stoudamire (before he started smuggling pot onto charter airplanes) and showed some crunch-time chops in the Kansas upset last weekend. You have to love any player who would put "Law IV" on his jersey, when nobody knows who the hell Laws I-III are -- and you really have to love someone who isn't ashamed to carry the first name of one of the worst Celtics draft picks ever.

(Note: You had to be there in Boston during the Acie Earl Era -- it was right when the wheels were coming off after Reggie Lewis' death and the fact that we replaced Robert Parish with a center combo of Eric Montross and Acie Earl symbolized everything. Then he left after the '94-'95 season, showed up one night playing for Toronto and dropped 40 on us to set the FleetCenter record. To put this in perspective, Acie scored 980 points in his entire CAREER. This might have been the most depressing Celtics moment that didn't involve somebody dying. I wanted to drink myself to death after the game. Anyway, I'm glad Acie redeemed the name and look forward to him getting drafted about 12 spots too late in next year's NBA draft. These teams never learn.)

Addict
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,563
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

Re: Sports guy regarding Acie Earl era in Boston.

I have to admit when I was a kid I was a hawkeye fan. And I went to a sports cards show in cedar rapids that Acie was at, and have a autographed picture of him along with a picture of me and him with me holding his shoe lol

Addict
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 16

Quote Originally Posted by cytech View Post
    I have to admit when I was a kid I was a hawkeye fan. And I went to a sports cards show in cedar rapids that Acie was at, and have a autographed picture of him along with a picture of me and him with me holding his shoe lol
    I saw Acie and his family down in Disneyworld about 8-9 years ago. He was just standing there, and there was no mistaking his broom top. I thought I'd find out what NBA team he was playing on since he wasn't busy and I hadn't heard jack about him for a long time. (The jersey he had on with foreign lettering should have been a dead giveaway for me!) So I head up there as a punk 16/17 year old ISU fan and ask him what NBA team he's on these days. He gives me this really sad look with a little kid under each arm and tells me he's not in the NBA anymore but was playing for some team that I had no clue where it was. At the time I felt bad for him but today I get a big chuckle out of it

Im just glad I have Homan as my bodyguard, Eustachy joked. If I ever make it real big and get to drive a limo everyday, hell be driving it. I thought he came off the bench like somebody was stealing his cow or something.

http://blogs.dmjuice.com/?cat=43

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 112

Low Celt point was tonight at 17 straight losses.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Just saw Acie last night. He is the freshman basketball coach at Solon High School.