Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: Huge Series

  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 20,403, Level: 43
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 347
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    hobbsfan27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Muscatine
    Posts
    1,577
    Points
    20,403
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Huge Series

    White Sox vs. Twins- Luckly its at the Metrodome!



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,861, Level: 79
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 589
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Cycofan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,100
    Points
    65,861
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Huge Series

    Who cares about the White Sox and Twins. GO CUBS.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS3llgyGZ68]YouTube - "Go Cubs Go" 2009 Edition[/ame]


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

  3. #3
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 277,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,316
    Points
    277,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 116

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycofan1 View Post
    Who cares about the White Sox and Twins. GO CUBS.

    YouTube - "Go Cubs Go" 2009 Edition
    You're making Cubs fans look bad. Contribute to the post or don't say anything.

    With that said ,this is a huge series for both teams. The Sox are 2 games out and the Twins are 4 games out. If the Sox sweep, the Twins are in serious trouble. Be thankful it's in the Dome.


    42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,623, Level: 94
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,419
    Points
    92,623
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 29

    Re: Huge Series

    I'm going to hope we continue to get hits out of the bottom third of the lineup. I'm not really looking for power, I know they don't have it, just get on base and let the top of the order drive em in.

    Hopefully the rest of the rotation takes a look at Swarzak and gets it together.

    I haven't seen anything about Crede, anyone heard anything?



  5. #5
    Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Points: 277,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    rworkman83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Boone & Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    18,316
    Points
    277,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 116

    Re: Huge Series

    After looking closer at the standings, I didn't realize that the Sox were 7 out of the Wild Card and Twins 9 out. Those are big numbers to overcome.


    42-54 Record in CF Mafia. The most games played and wins by any player in Cyclone Fanatic History. Yes, I'm a nerd.

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,623, Level: 94
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,419
    Points
    92,623
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 29

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    After looking closer at the standings, I didn't realize that the Sox were 7 out of the Wild Card and Twins 9 out. Those are big numbers to overcome.
    There's still a third of the season to go. But I agree, there's only going to be one team coming out of the AL Central this year.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 23,145, Level: 46
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,458
    Points
    23,145
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Huge Series

    The last I heard on Crede was a cortisone shot on Friday and the earliest he could play would be tonight. Hopefully he can play at least 2 of the games as he's played well against his former team this year.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 483,438, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,510
    Points
    483,438
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 639

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    I'm going to hope we continue to get hits out of the bottom third of the lineup. I'm not really looking for power, I know they don't have it, just get on base and let the top of the order drive em in.

    Hopefully the rest of the rotation takes a look at Swarzak and gets it together.

    I haven't seen anything about Crede, anyone heard anything?
    The Twins don't have power? You mean they don't have the guy leading the AL in home runs on their team (Morneau), 2 others in the top 25 (Kubel and Mauer), or 1 other in the top 30 (Cuddyer)? And as a team they're only 3 home runs away from having the 5th most in the AL, and 10 away from having the 3rd most?

    Power isn't what the Twins are lacking this year - this is the most power they've had going back to the Kirby Puckett era - in fact, this might be the most power the Twins have had in my lifetime. The problem this year has been the inane amount of runs given up by the Twins in the 7th and 8th innings - in effect the Twins bullpen has not been getting leads to Nathan.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,623, Level: 94
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,419
    Points
    92,623
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 29

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    The Twins don't have power? You mean they don't have the guy leading the AL in home runs on their team (Morneau), 2 others in the top 25 (Kubel and Mauer), or 1 other in the top 30 (Cuddyer)? And as a team they're only 3 home runs away from having the 5th most in the AL, and 10 away from having the 3rd most?

    Power isn't what the Twins are lacking this year - this is the most power they've had going back to the Kirby Puckett era - in fact, this might be the most power the Twins have had in my lifetime. The problem this year has been the inane amount of runs given up by the Twins in the 7th and 8th innings - in effect the Twins bullpen has not been getting leads to Nathan.
    ? Read my first sentence. You'll notice it will coincide with the names left off of that list



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 59,829, Level: 75
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,829
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    You're making Cubs fans look bad. Contribute to the post or don't say anything.
    Agreed!

    And actually there are quite a few Sox and Twins fans on this board, they just don't feel the need to make 50 threads about them.


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 483,438, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,510
    Points
    483,438
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 639

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    ? Read my first sentence. You'll notice it will coincide with the names left off of that list
    Missed that. Point still stands - power has far from been the problem this year. The problem is virtually no set-up man, and as you have stated, the black hole that exists between 7-9 in the lineup.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 11,918, Level: 32
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    758
    Points
    11,918
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 3

    Re: Huge Series

    I think Crede is still going to be out for about 3 more games. I read that online somewhere earlier this morning. There have been quite a few rumors going around that the Twins are pushing hard for the A's Cabrera and Weintz. I'd rather have them go after the Pirates Sanchez and a reliever. Hopefully they at least do something this year. They haven't done anything with an impact since 2003 when they traded for Stewart. The startribune.com has quite a bit of information when it comes to rumors and any other Twins information if any Twins fans are looking for anything good.



  13. #13
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 246,657, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    17,500
    Points
    246,657
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 855
    Given: 818

    Re: Huge Series

    Twins will get 2 of 3.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 483,438, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    32,510
    Points
    483,438
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 639

    Re: Huge Series

    Quote Originally Posted by kurimski View Post
    I think Crede is still going to be out for about 3 more games. I read that online somewhere earlier this morning. There have been quite a few rumors going around that the Twins are pushing hard for the A's Cabrera and Weintz. I'd rather have them go after the Pirates Sanchez and a reliever. Hopefully they at least do something this year. They haven't done anything with an impact since 2003 when they traded for Stewart. The startribune.com has quite a bit of information when it comes to rumors and any other Twins information if any Twins fans are looking for anything good.
    Granted, I'd rather have Sanchez as well. But when you're looking at the lineup and see that when Casilla (.164), Punto (.208), and Harris (.263) are sharing 2B-SS duties, suddenly Orlando Cabrera's .278 average doesn't look nearly so bad.


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 38,418, Level: 60
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 632
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    38,418
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

    Re: Huge Series

    What are the pitching match ups for both teams?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM