Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 28

Substitutions

McDermott really confuses me with his rotation of players. Sometimes I think he outcoaches himself. Why on earth did Brock Jacobsen see the floor? Why didn't Ceaser play in the second half after contributing in the first half? Why doesn't Dodie Dunson get more minutes? Why doesn't McIntosh get less minutes? Why does Jessan Gray or Ross Marsden play over Cory Johnson? He has me baffled sometimes.

Before everyone jumps on me for saying something negative about McDermott, I do think he is the right guy for the job and has the program in the right direction.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Substitutions

In regards to tonight, I had no problem with anyone getting minutes over anyone else. No one was playing well, why not see if other players could provide a spark.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 356

Quote Originally Posted by edenclone View Post
    In regards to tonight, I had no problem with anyone getting minutes over anyone else. No one was playing well, why not see if other players could provide a spark.
    I concur, same with the A&M game.

He's still learning about this team just as they are still learning his system.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 605

Shot all our bullets and now we need a reload. Why does everyone have to help out Brock on defense. He is always chasing the shadow. Unbelelievable. I want more Ceasar.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I concur, same with the A&M game.

He's still learning about this team just as they are still learning his system.

We have played 23 games and he sees them in practice everyday. I think he should know his team by now. That is a pathetic excuse.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jahfg View Post
    We have played 23 games and he sees them in practice everyday. I think he should know his team by now. That is a pathetic excuse.
    Did you listen to his post-game comments or those of the players? If so, you'd have a better idea of what I'm getting at.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

no, please fill me in if you'd like.

I heard Wesley say they didn't come out of the gate ready to play. I then proceeded to go into Hy-Vee to get some groceries and missed the rest of the post-game show.

Last edited by jahfg; 02-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

the guy was looking for a spark!!! think about it, CJ and Brock.. what do they do? they shoot the ball, and thats what there jobs are, what has chris been doing, defense, and has hit a couple of 3s, and cory, hes the only true point guard on the team, give the guy a break, dodie, people have his # now, its called film, thats why taylor is struggling too, y did we do good against ohio st and kans.. because there was hardly any film of this team!! every one needs to just shut up with the complaints and live with the roller coaster season... next year will be different

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I have been reading this board for several months and have not posted, but I am starting to get sick of the people that keep saying we should recruit so and so, he will be awesome under Gmac when they have never seen the guy play or even know who the guy is. Or guys like ISU22 saying they are still learning about his system. Memo to you nerds.....it is O.K to be passionate about ISU athletics, but shut your cake hole when talking about recruits you have never seen, or a system you dont understand. I am sure some of you feel my pain. However, in closing, I do enjoy reading this board and thank Jeremy for everything.
    I know most people dont sign their name but I am Troy from Cali

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore_23 View Post
    the guy was looking for a spark!!! think about it, CJ and Brock.. what do they do? they shoot the ball, and thats what there jobs are, what has chris been doing, defense, and has hit a couple of 3s, and cory, hes the only true point guard on the team, give the guy a break, dodie, people have his # now, its called film, thats why taylor is struggling too, y did we do good against ohio st and kans.. because there was hardly any film of this team!! every one needs to just shut up with the complaints and live with the roller coaster season... next year will be different

If Brock Jacobson's job is shooting, he sure hasn't shown it. He hasn't made anything all season. McIntosh may be our only "true" PG but he isn't a very good one and Dunson and Taylor are both better passers and ballhandlers despite them not being "true" PG's. Can someone tell me why Ceaser received no PT the second half? It's okay guys. It isn't illegal to say something bad about McDermott. It doesn't make you any lesser of a fan.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

When has Brock ever "shot the ball" during crunch time of a conference game? There's no reason that he or Marsden should see the floor with less than a 15 pt lead in conference play.

I don't get how some of you see the upside in these players when there is none.

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

I thought McDermott did a pretty good job with the subs. I would have liked to see more of Ceaser in the 2nd half, and no offense, but I would like to see less of Marsden. I think Brock may not be solid for the team right now, but he's just a freshman, and I think he'll click eventually (soon I hope).

Speaking of substitutions, was anyone else who stuck it out till the end extremely angry at Missouri's coach for leaving all of his starters in and shooting a 3 with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock when our entire bench was cleared? It's one thing to beat a team, but it's another to be a complete jerk about it. I was right by the tunnel that Mizzou's coach exited at and let him know that he's got the sportsmanship award locked up this year.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny8 View Post
    I thought McDermott did a pretty good job with the subs. I would have liked to see more of Ceaser in the 2nd half, and no offense, but I would like to see less of Marsden. I think Brock may not be solid for the team right now, but he's just a freshman, and I think he'll click eventually (soon I hope).

Speaking of substitutions, was anyone else who stuck it out till the end extremely angry at Missouri's coach for leaving all of his starters in and shooting a 3 with about 20 seconds left on the shot clock when our entire bench was cleared? It's one thing to beat a team, but it's another to be a complete jerk about it. I was right by the tunnel that Mizzou's coach exited at and let him know that he's got the sportsmanship award locked up this year.
    I'm sure he hasn't forgotten the game in Columbia. I don't blame him that much.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ahhhh, the joys.

G-Mac stated that he tested his team in the 2nd half. He used a good number of timeouts (3) in the first half - something he said he's never done before. He wanted to save the remaining timeouts for as long as he could - and also - as he stated - he wanted to see who would step up and lead the team when things got rough.

He said you can best find your leaders when you're struggling. He'd hoped to see more leadership than he did in the 2nd half.

troyl - I thought that discussing players, their progress and the system was one of the reasons internet message boards exist. I do have pretty good idea of what Greg is trying to accomplish. Not only because I study what he's doing, but because Greg is so open, honest and forthright about his motives. But that's just what this "cake hole" has to say.

I was also disappointed with the lack of class Mizzu showed at the end of the game. I was really surprised as I've had some respect for Mike Anderson. When we substituted all of our guys and Mizzu didn't - I yelled "Nice class Tigers". I got a look from the Mike, yet I couldn't care less.

I'm glad we have a coach that wins and loses with class - among his other qualities.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I just don't see how it is possible that McDermott sees a Big XII caliber player when he sees Brock Jacobsen. No offense to Brock but he isn't there. He may be in the future but right now he can't get a shot off without 4 seconds to set up. Marsden is worthless and has regressed offensively. Jessan Gray is nonexistant after having a decent nonconference performance. I think our rotation should be Dunson, Taylor, Johnson, Johnson, Hubalek, Clark, McIntosh (off the bench only to get Dodie or Mike a short breather), Ceaser, Gray (same as McIntosh).