Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 44,853, Level: 65
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,610
    Points
    44,853
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

    Best hospitals ranked

    I did not realize that Mayo in Rochester, MN was so well thought of. Interesting to see if nothing else, glad I am within a short helicopter visit of the 2nd best hospital in the country...

    LINK America's Best Hospitals: 2009-10 Honor Roll - MSN Health & Fitness - Health Topics

    Rank Hospital, Points, Specialty
    1Johns Hopkins Hospital — Baltimore, MD , 30, 15
    2Mayo Clinic — Rochester, MN, 28, 15
    3Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center — Los Angeles, CA, 26, 15
    4Cleveland Clinic — Cleveland, OH, 26, 13
    5Massachusetts General Hospital — Boston, MA, 25, 13
    6New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell — New York, NY, 24, 13
    7University of California, San Francisco Medical Center — San Francisco, CA, 21, 11
    8Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania — Philadelphia, PA, 19, 12
    9Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University — St. Louis, MO, 17, 12
    10Brigham and Women's Hospital — Boston, MA, 17, 10
    10Duke University Medical Center — Durham, NC, 17, 10
    12University of Washington Medical Center — Seattle, WA, 16, 8
    13UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center — Pittsburgh, PA, 13, 8
    14University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers — Ann Arbor, MI, 12, 8
    15Stanford Hospital and Clinics — Stanford, CA, 11, 7
    16Vanderbilt University Medical Center — Nashville, TN, 11, 6
    17NYU Medical Center — New York, NY, 10, 7
    17Yale-New Haven Hospital — New Haven, CT, 10, 7
    19Mount Sinai Medical Center — New York, NY, 9, 7
    20Methodist Hospital — Houston, TX, 8, 7
    21Ohio State University Hospital — Columbus, OH, 7, 6


    Last edited by mike4cy; 07-18-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 450,184, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,863
    Points
    450,184
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 742
    Given: 277

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Mayo is regarded as one of the best hospitals in the world, not just the United States, especially when it comes to research.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 31,236, Level: 54
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,547
    Points
    31,236
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 26

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    I did not realize that Mayo in Rochester, MN was so well thought of. Interesting to see if nothing else, glad I am within a short helicopter visit of the 2nd best hospital in the country...

    LINK America's Best Hospitals: 2009-10 Honor Roll - MSN Health & Fitness - Health Topics

    Rank Hospital, Points, Specialty
    1Johns Hopkins Hospital — Baltimore, MD , 30, 15
    2Mayo Clinic — Rochester, MN, 28, 15
    3Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center — Los Angeles, CA, 26, 15
    4Cleveland Clinic — Cleveland, OH, 26, 13
    5Massachusetts General Hospital — Boston, MA, 25, 13
    6New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell — New York, NY, 24, 13
    7University of California, San Francisco Medical Center — San Francisco, CA, 21, 11
    8Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania — Philadelphia, PA, 19, 12
    9Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University — St. Louis, MO, 17, 12
    10Brigham and Women's Hospital — Boston, MA, 17, 10
    10Duke University Medical Center — Durham, NC, 17, 10
    12University of Washington Medical Center — Seattle, WA, 16, 8
    13UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center — Pittsburgh, PA, 13, 8
    14University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers — Ann Arbor, MI, 12, 8
    15Stanford Hospital and Clinics — Stanford, CA, 11, 7
    16Vanderbilt University Medical Center — Nashville, TN, 11, 6
    17NYU Medical Center — New York, NY, 10, 7
    17Yale-New Haven Hospital — New Haven, CT, 10, 7
    19Mount Sinai Medical Center — New York, NY, 9, 7
    20Methodist Hospital — Houston, TX, 8, 7
    21Ohio State University Hospital — Columbus, OH, 7, 6
    .....you need to get out more often then....or stop texting and start reading!



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 44,853, Level: 65
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,610
    Points
    44,853
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 0

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Well I knew it was pretty good, just not "elite" I guess. Shall we take bets on how long it takes for a comment about how the U of I hospital is not there? jk (not counting mine of course)


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  5. #5
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CTAClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    9,217
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    I always thought that University of Iowa Hospitals were highly thought of. It's the one thing I was willing to give the Hawkeyes.


    "If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses."



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 17,862, Level: 40
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    MaxPower57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    924
    Points
    17,862
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Getting sick is about the only good thing to do in Rochester.


    --------------------------------------
    “Max Power—he's the man whose name you'd love to touch...
    But, you musn't touch!
    His name sounds good in your ear
    But when you say it, you mustn't fear
    Because his name can be said by anyone!”

  7. #7
    All-Star egami's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    1,944
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower57 View Post
    Getting sick is about the only good thing to do in Rochester.
    There is a subset of IBM geeks there as well.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 965,727, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    66,905
    Points
    965,727
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,470
    Given: 8,359

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by CTAClone View Post
    I always thought that University of Iowa Hospitals were highly thought of. It's the one thing I was willing to give the Hawkeyes.
    I'm sure they aren't far off. I've always heard that they're highly thought of.





    That, and I should post this----WE WERE HAVING A FRIENDLY DISCUSSION OF HOSPITALS THAT HAPPENED TO INCLUDE IOWA. WHY DID ALL THE DIRTY HOKS HAVE TO COME RUIN IT?!?!?!?!?! FINE, YOU HAVE A HOSPITAL. WE GET IT. GIVE US OUR BOARD BACK.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 199,148, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Psyclone Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    42°00'50"N 93°
    Posts
    4,450
    Points
    199,148
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 432
    Given: 946

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    You mean Urbandale Family Physicians didn't make the cut? I know it's not a hospital, but hey... Broadlawns must run a close second.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 37,041, Level: 59
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    dsm
    Posts
    1,924
    Points
    37,041
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 13

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Iowa's dept. of otolaryngology is one of the best in the world. I think that used to carry a lot of weight for their comprehensive US News ranking.


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 31,236, Level: 54
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,547
    Points
    31,236
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 26

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by mike4cy View Post
    Well I knew it was pretty good, just not "elite" I guess. Shall we take bets on how long it takes for a comment about how the U of I hospital is not there? jk (not counting mine of course)

    i assumed that is why you posted this thread, and the Mayo comment was just a comment to ensure the thread survived until someone else made the comment saving you from being the baiter.......



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 164,271, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    5,631
    Points
    164,271
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 164

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    I credit the Mayo Clinic for saving a family members' life, and the University of Iowa for mine .



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 17,862, Level: 40
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    MaxPower57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    924
    Points
    17,862
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by egami View Post
    There is a subset of IBM geeks there as well.
    Haha I know this all too well.


    --------------------------------------
    “Max Power—he's the man whose name you'd love to touch...
    But, you musn't touch!
    His name sounds good in your ear
    But when you say it, you mustn't fear
    Because his name can be said by anyone!”

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 2,181

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower57 View Post
    Getting sick is about the only good thing to do in Rochester.

    They have free outdoor concerts in the summer.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 100,512, Level: 98
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,202
    Points
    100,512
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 504
    Given: 519

    Re: Best hospitals ranked

    Actually for the size, Rochester is a very nice city.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM