Missing Fall Semester of Sports
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Missing Fall Semester of Sports

Just accepted a Co-Op offer from NASA today to work @ Dryden Research Center. Bad news is that this means I'll be out of the "fields of opportunity" from the end of August until mid-December, with very little chance of catching a game, considering southern California isn't exactly a hot-bed of ISU athletic support. At least the student radio streams coverage of the games online for free. Is anyone else forced to miss out on the entire football/beginning of basketball season? Figure there could be some sort of support group for this sort of thing.

I'm just glad I'll be back in time for the Jan. 1 bowl-game and the ISU-Duke game...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 389

Re: Missing Fall Semester of Sports

Quote Originally Posted by ZCyclone View Post
    Just accepted a Co-Op offer from NASA today to work @ Dryden Research Center. Bad news is that this means I'll be out of the "fields of opportunity" from the end of August until mid-December, with very little chance of catching a game, considering southern California isn't exactly a hot-bed of ISU athletic support. At least the student radio streams coverage of the games online for free. Is anyone else forced to miss out on the entire football/beginning of basketball season? Figure there could be some sort of support group for this sort of thing.

I'm just glad I'll be back in time for the Jan. 1 bowl-game and the ISU-Duke game...
    I'm not. But, one of my good friends had an internship with NASA a couple years ago in Houston at the same time. I'm sure it was hard for him, but I was sure to call him every saturday we had a home game while I was tailgating just to rub it in.

When Prepared, Fear No One.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 7

My girlfriend just left today for 4 months in Australia. She gets back the day after thanksgiving. I personally couldnt miss that much Cyclone football

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by ZCyclone View Post

You fool... I always did my co-ops in the spring/summer so I only missed basketball season. Save your pennies and get DirecTV or find a bar with a good satellite feed. Tailgate on Saturday mornings if you have to.

Hey, at least take solace in the fact you'll get to play with the really fun aircraft that nobody gets to talk about, see a shuttle landing (probably), and you're close enough to check out a USC game.

(Also congrats and good job)