Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 33

Thumbs up Huskers lose recruit to OU

LINCOLN - Good thing for the Nebraska football team that signing day is near, considering the rate at which it continues to lose commitments.

Linebacker Travis Lewis of San Antonio, the latest recruit to defect from the NU class, may have delivered the most painful sting of all to the Huskers.

According to KSAT-TV in San Antonio, the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Lewis has informed Nebraska of his decision not to sign with the Huskers Wednesday as the national letter-of-intent signing period begins.

Lewis, a four-star prospect rated by rivals.com as the No. 37 player in Texas, is believed to have settled on Oklahoma. Lewis took his only two official recruiting trips to the Big 12 schools last fall and pledged to the Huskers in late November.

He was considered a cornerstone player in a Nebraska class heavy on defensive talent. Lewis, a senior at Lee High School in San Antonio, recently played offense and defense in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Six other players - most notably defensive tackle Chris Perry (to Miami) and defensive end Jared Glover (to Oklahoma State) - disappeared from the NU commitment list this recruiting season.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 30

Re: Huskers lose recruit to OU

I don't like NU loosing guys, because they were or probably now are again are recruiting guys that ISU has verbals with.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 33

im not too worried with 24 hrs to go.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by dinger7203 View Post
    im not too worried with 24 hrs to go.
    I'm worried with an hour to go.

As illustrated here, young minds/hearts are easily swayed from one location to another - sometimes without any notice.

Recruiting is a very tough and nasty "business". One that has exciting highs and very disappointing lows. These coaches live it every day and most all of them will tell ya they don't ever really count on someone being here until that signature goes on the dotted line.

And even then...you just still can't be 100% sure.

I think being we are targeting so many JUCO's doesn't help matters any. They seem to be the ones that like to commit to a school the least - always leaving their options open, etc. Seems they'll go to the school that gives them an almost guaranteed starting spot and/or the team with the best chances to win. I don't blame them - just how I perceive that part of the "business".

I've heard rumblings out of Ames that lead me to believe we'll have some surprises tomorrow as well as disappointment. I guess we'll know when the dust settles.

Until then, I'll be a little uneasy about this class.

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by dinger7203 View Post
    LINCOLN - Good thing for the Nebraska football team that signing day is near, considering the rate at which it continues to lose commitments.

Linebacker Travis Lewis of San Antonio, the latest recruit to defect from the NU class, may have delivered the most painful sting of all to the Huskers.

According to KSAT-TV in San Antonio, the 6-foot-1, 215-pound Lewis has informed Nebraska of his decision not to sign with the Huskers Wednesday as the national letter-of-intent signing period begins.

Lewis, a four-star prospect rated by rivals.com as the No. 37 player in Texas, is believed to have settled on Oklahoma. Lewis took his only two official recruiting trips to the Big 12 schools last fall and pledged to the Huskers in late November.

He was considered a cornerstone player in a Nebraska class heavy on defensive talent. Lewis, a senior at Lee High School in San Antonio, recently played offense and defense in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Six other players - most notably defensive tackle Chris Perry (to Miami) and defensive end Jared Glover (to Oklahoma State) - disappeared from the NU commitment list this recruiting season.
    In Nebraska's defense, Perry cann't seem to make up his mind were he want's to go. Perry has given verbals to Tennesse, Miami, Nebraska, and Miami now has a second verbal from Perry. I'd rather have Perry have a change of heart now and not after he's signed on the dotted line. Glover wanted to be remain close to family.

There were rumors late last week that the Minnesota Vikings were going to offer Nebraska's DC, Kevin Cosgrove their DC posistion. Wether these rumors, which Coz has already stated he's not interested in the job, played a role in Lewis' change of heart, who knows.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    In Nebraska's defense, Perry cann't seem to make up his mind were he want's to go. Perry has given verbals to Tennesse, Miami, Nebraska, and Miami now has a second verbal from Perry. I'd rather have Perry have a change of heart now and not after he's signed on the dotted line. Glover wanted to be remain close to family.

There were rumors late last week that the Minnesota Vikings were going to offer Nebraska's DC, Kevin Cosgrove their DC posistion. Wether these rumors, which Coz has already stated he's not interested in the job, played a role in Lewis' change of heart, who knows.
    Of course, there could never be a reason a player would just decide to go to another school over Nebraska. It must be something else, Nebraska is just too great not to be #1 for everyone.

This post brought to you by, Sarcasm. Always cold, never refreshing. Sarcasm!

Mockery sold separately.