Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 37,159, Level: 59
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,384
    Points
    37,159
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 105

    Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    We all know he's a good player but come on, I about threw up with how much the announcers were loving him yesterday. Now Miller is going on and on about him too. If they want to say he's a key part to the Colts defense that's fine by me but when he picks off a floating, underthrown, lame duck pass by Grossman, that is nothing to go crazy about. Remind me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the one who missed the tackle that sprung Jones for that long run in the first half??



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 14,815, Level: 36
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    JJ4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WDM Side of Waukee
    Posts
    1,202
    Points
    14,815
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    You're refering to "lead with your head" Sanders who literally knocks himself out of half of every season, right?



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Just like that great tackle on Benson that caused a fumble or the show-string tackle on a key 3rd and short weren't great plays either - right?

    It wasn't just one play that gets Sanders so much attention. And - the fact the Colts had their lull when he was injured only solidifies that Bob Sanders is a pretty good NFL safety.

    Yeah, he missed a tackle. And Manning - the Super Bowl MVP threw an interception.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,055, Level: 79
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,395
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,932
    Points
    65,055
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 97

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    As far as Miller's show, I was listening to a segment before he was ranting about Sanders where he was talking about how the Chicago Bears would be the good place fore Drewby Tator to go since his personality would be so good for that team. So consider the source for that one....



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 37,159, Level: 59
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,384
    Points
    37,159
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 105

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Just like that great tackle on Benson that caused a fumble or the show-string tackle on a key 3rd and short weren't great plays either - right?

    It wasn't just one play that gets Sanders so much attention. And - the fact the Colts had their lull when he was injured only solidifies that Bob Sanders is a pretty good NFL safety.

    Yeah, he missed a tackle. And Manning - the Super Bowl MVP threw an interception.
    Yes, that "great" tackle on Benson where he tackled Benson with a good solid hit and all of a sudden the ball pops out. Seriously, why wasn't Benson protecting the ball there?

    Look, I don't hate Sanders and I understand your point but sometimes you go overboard with your cynicism (sp?).



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Sanders put his helmet in the prefect place - right on the football. It didn't "pop out" - it was forced. Unlike many of the other fumbles in that game on both sides.

    That's not being a cynic - it's looking at what really happened.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 273,103, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,676
    Points
    273,103
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 857
    Given: 173

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    We all know he's a good player but come on, I about threw up with how much the announcers were loving him yesterday. Now Miller is going on and on about him too. If they want to say he's a key part to the Colts defense that's fine by me but when he picks off a floating, underthrown, lame duck pass by Grossman, that is nothing to go crazy about. Remind me if I'm wrong but wasn't he the one who missed the tackle that sprung Jones for that long run in the first half??

    Bob Sanders is simply an amazing football player, and without him, I dont think the Colts would of even got into the AFC Championship Game, let alone win the Super Bowl. Just because he played for the Hawks does not mean you have to get upset because the announcers praised him and a Hawk Fan is excited about an EX-Hawk having a huge impact on a teams Super Bowl Championship. It makes you sound jealous of the Hawkeyes.
    I'm guessing if the Pats would of beaten the Colts, and Hobbs would of had the same impact on the game as Sanders did, you would do nothing but agree with the announcers, and whoever else wanted to praise him?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 336,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    31,904
    Points
    336,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I'm guessing if the Pats would of beaten the Colts, and Hobbs would of had the same impact on the game as Sanders did, you would do nothing but agree with the announcers, and whoever else wanted to praise him?
    We all would be jumping with joy over something like that.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,600, Level: 73
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,612
    Points
    56,600
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 23

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I'm guessing if the Pats would of beaten the Colts, and Hobbs would of had the same impact on the game as Sanders did, you would do nothing but agree with the announcers, and whoever else wanted to praise him?
    And then he'd have been offended at any hawkeye fans attempting to downplay his success.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 273,103, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,676
    Points
    273,103
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 857
    Given: 173

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    We all would be jumping with joy over something like that.
    I could not agree anymore. In fact, I was pretty happy to see some one from The State of Iowa to have such an impact on a Championship. My point is, the only reason I think he is complaing about all the hype Sanders is getting is because he is a former Hawk, which IMO, is ridiculous.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 29,464, Level: 52
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,157
    Points
    29,464
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    I could not agree anymore. In fact, I was pretty happy to see some one from The State of Iowa to have such an impact on a Championship. My point is, the only reason I think he is complaing about all the hype Sanders is getting is because he is a former Hawk, which IMO, is ridiculous.
    Couldn't agree more. The way Sanders laid out Benson on that hit, the best running backs in the game wouldn't be able to hold onto the ball.



  12. #12
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    524
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Bob hits like a truck but that is also why he is hurt alot

    He needs to fake an injury next year in week 10 give him six weeks off.

    Then he could be good in the playoffs again



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 22,441, Level: 45
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    EggMcClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,374
    Points
    22,441
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Yeah, he missed a tackle. And Manning - the Super Bowl MVP threw an interception.
    I don't think Manning should have been MVP. Didn't he have like 3 TDs and 7 INTs in the playoffs? Way to step up.

    Their defense and running game won it for them, not Manning, IMO.

    Oh, and I think Bob Sanders is pretty good. However, I like bringing up the fact that he was supposed to knock Seneca out of the game and ended up hurting himself instead.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 145,591, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    cybsball20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    12,716
    Points
    145,591
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 181
    Given: 34

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    It's too bad the Bears couldn't get a running game going, then we could have seen good ol Bob bite on the play action and get burned like he did in college...



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 126,548, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,693
    Points
    126,548
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 83

    Re: Bob Sanders blah blah blah

    Sanders also went to the Pro Bowl last year.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM