Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Watched the 1st and 2nd games at the Cap League yesterday, here are my thoughts. Also, I'm going to rank their performances from best to worst regaurdless of what game they were in. One last thing, I will compare them to past Cyclones.

Wesley Johnson- 1st of all, he is taller than I anticipated. Great shooting form on the court. He can go down low and put on some post moves or he can take his game beyond the 3 point line and not miss a beat. Extremely lanky, and athletic such as Rahshon. Not much missing from his game.

Corey McIntosh-Wow, period. Reminds me of a Bret Meyer playing basketball. Like Bret, he is always playing with a grin on his face. You could tell he was getting irritated by the DMACC gaurd, who wasnt bad controlling the game IMO. But Corey took over. Perfect one on one skills. Questionable outside shooting, but that will come with more practice. Also on defense he went down low to get the board. I see a little mix of blalock and tinsley here.

Dodie Dunson-He will be a great role player for us. Made a ton of threes; not afraid of taking the shot. As he played, he reminded me of a slimmer Kantrail Horton. Great defensive skill.

Rahshon Clark- Reminds me exactly of Rahshon Clark by how he plays. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Corey Johnson-I love this kid. You can tell he loves the game of basketball. Reminds me of the class clown. During the game, he actually handed the ball of to McIntosh with a two handed, under the legs pass. Basketball wise, good footwork on both ends of the court. Defended by and guarded Rahshon. Definetely will get some scrap points for us. Other than that, didn&#39;t see much because he fouled out pretty early in the 2nd half. Reminds me of a Damion Staple with an outside shot.

Brock Jacobson-Coach must have been hatin&#39; on him last night. He hardly played. Injury might be hampering him, because there is no reason why he wouldn&#39;t be in there. He tried to do too much while in there. Really forcing the shot and not setting his feet and putting a good effort into it. He will see better days. I dont have a Cyclone player that fits his style right now.

BOTTOM OF THE BUCKET SPECIAL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Jiri Hubalek-Never been as displeased with this kid. Maybe got one rebound the whole game, maybe. He spent most of the time complaining to the refs, turning the ball over, or pushing the guy that was defending him. I wanted to scream to tell him to get on the block, but instead he decided to pitch a tent on the 3 point line. Wasn&#39;t strong with the ball when driving. As far as I can tell, the guy he was up against flat out schooled him. Very dissapointed, period.

Walk On Achievements:

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cllions05 &#064; 06&#045;26&#045;06 8&#58;57 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> ...[/b][/quote] Thanks for the info.

GO CYCLONES!

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Don&#39;t take it as me ripping you cllions but I have been watching these all year and I don&#39;t see your comparisons at all. But that is why everyone is entitled to there opinions. McIntosh is a decent shooter, a good dribbler and gets along well with the guys. But there is nothing that I have seen in any pickup games that could prove that he is anything yet. Dodie can shoot well and Wesley Johnson is a extremely athletic great jumper.
    Rashon reminding you of Rashon I guess I can not disagree with since I remind me of myself also.
    One thing I will say is that I was impressed with Marsden for the first time this year. He actually played the block and at least tried to play like a post player. Anyone who has to watch Jiri in this league will just get ****** as you did. He is a joke when he tries to play a guard. Someone needs to smack the crap out of him and make him realize that he will find the bench if he doesn&#39;t start playing the post.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 526
    Hope Jessan is ready to step up.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Walk On
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CY ST8T &#064; 06&#045;26&#045;06 12&#58;02 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Don&#39;t take it as me ripping you cllions but I have been watching these all year and I don&#39;t see your comparisons at all. But that is why everyone is entitled to there opinions. McIntosh is a decent shooter, a good dribbler and gets along well with the guys. But there is nothing that I have seen in any pickup games that could prove that he is anything yet. Dodie can shoot well and Wesley Johnson is a extremely athletic great jumper.
    Rashon reminding you of Rashon I guess I can not disagree with since I remind me of myself also.
    One thing I will say is that I was impressed with Marsden for the first time this year. He actually played the block and at least tried to play like a post player. Anyone who has to watch Jiri in this league will just get ****** as you did. He is a joke when he tries to play a guard. Someone needs to smack the crap out of him and make him realize that he will find the bench if he doesn&#39;t start playing the post. [/b][/quote]

I say questionable shooting only for the fact he was i&#39;d guess 1-6 three pointers....and when they go up, they have almost a side spin to them....but it&#39;s easily correctable once season gets going.

Prospect
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Thanks for posting what you observe.

I&#39;m not sure what to think of Jiri. Obviously, he&#39;s not doing well and is complaining too much. Still, didn&#39;t he shoot like 40% on 3s somehow in JC? He seems to have arrived at ISU as a perimeter oriented big man, but now his perimeter game has perhaps regressed. He actually showed some flashes last year of being a creative offensive talent, mixed in with many silly fouls, a low 3pt %, and being way too soft inside (offensively, defensively and on the boards). At times he got wound up and played a bit more agressively. I hope he can put it all together by early January, but right now he&#39;s not looking too good.

Addict
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,856
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 44
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CY ST8T &#064; 06&#045;26&#045;06 12&#58;02 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Someone needs to smack the crap out of him and make him realize that he will find the bench if he doesn&#39;t start playing the post. [/b][/quote]

I&#39;m guessing that that someone will be McD.

Don't confuse hope for a plan.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I only saw the first game and must echo how disappointing Jiri&#39;s game was. Maybe I was hoping for more of a real game and less of rec league game with some random fouls mixed in. It seemed as though nearly everyone in the game wanted to stand at the three point line and drive every now and again. Especially Jiri...who needs to understand that he&#39;s not playing the 2 or 3. I&#39;ll try to move on from my rant though...I thought Wesley Johnson played well...he seems to be good with the ball and could present match-up problems as his game seems a lot like Rahshon&#39;s...only that he&#39;s even taller and lankier than Rahshon. I thought Dunson also played pretty well. He seems to have a strange release, but one that works for him. And not that this has any bearing on him, but the pass off the backboard for the dunk was pretty impressive.

On a different note, from seeing a couple of the new guys it seems as though the best/only chance to win games this year would be to emulate the style of play of last year&#39;s team, but with better defense. It seems like their best shot would be to maximize their athleticism and try to avoid a slow half-court game in which a post presense is required. Just having Johnson and Rahshon on the court at the same time could provide for quite the aerial show.