Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 94

Super Bowl thoughts

This game was going to be decided by which Rex Grossman showed up to the game...Good Rex or Bad Rex

Bad Rex showed up. Bears lost the game. Pretty simple in my mind.

I'm not sure how the Bears were even in the game in the 4th quarter. While giving up a lot of yards, I think the Bears defense played very well in allowing only field goals. This kept them in the game until Rex's Pick 6.

What a start to the game! Before the game started me and other Bears fan mentioned how awesome it would to return the opening kickoff.

Indy's offense played well. Addai looked great. And it was no shock to me to see Manning win MVP. I think Addai or Rhodes may have been more deserving but the NFL isn't going to pass up a chance to crown their golden boy.

Halftime sucked. Enough said.

The commercials started out very promising but died after halftime. A couple of the Bud Light ones were funny. I also enjoyed the Careerbuilder.com ones.

Overall all, I was disappointed but it was fun to actually see my team play in the Super Bowl. Too bad I didn't get to see the NFL "crown 'em....crown their *****".

Good season as it seemed they played the underdog role almost all season. Congrats to the Colts, Dungy, and Manning for getting the monkey off their back.

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Super Bowl thoughts

I didn't know where they were going with the Snickers ad, but the ending had me in tears from laughing so hard. The Go Daddy marketing employee ad was pretty good as well, same for most of the Bud Light ads, but overall, most of the ads had me saying "duh".

Legend Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I agree.

The careerbuilder.com ads were great, although I found it hard to understand what they were saying much of the time. The snickers one started off great, but the way the finished was pretty stupid. Well, not stupid but a let down. There was one bud commercial I found funny, but can't remember what it was exactly so I wasn't exactly overcome by it.

Otherwise, I was less than impressed. Did there seem to be a disporportionate amount of ads for CSI, Survivor and other shows, than there was for retailer ads? At least compared to past years? I wonder if CBS couldn't fill the space - or didn't want to?

As for the halftime show, I liked it enough. People are never, never going to be happy with whomever is selected. Thank your stars it wasn't somebody like Ashley Simpson again. I still wake up in horror hearing that screech from the Orange Bowl (or whereever) a few years back. But I did like how they incorporated the band. And at least it was live - a rare occurance at these things.

The game - I didn't really care one way or the other. Not a fan of either team. Brother lives in Chicago and is a big Bears fan, and there are two U of Western Illinois players on the Colt, so probably leaning to Da Bears. Game started off awesome. Probably as much action between the big plays and turnovers as in the last few superbowls combined. But in the second half it just got ugly with Chicago not being able to do anything. Once the Colts went up by two scores, it was over and actually hard to watch - especially Grossman. I hadn't really bought into all the b!tching about him. Chicago fan is a little like Boston fan in that they're never satisfied with whomever they have - especially at QB. But he did stink the joint up in the second half. Played the first pretty well, that TD pass was great.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 02-05-2007 at 08:28 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

[QUOTE=cycloneworld;81983]
    Halftime sucked. Enough said.[QUOTE]

You must be mixing half-time up with Rex Grossman. I am not a big Prince fan by any stretch, but he rocked it. I am assuming you are probably in your 20s and thus think M&M or some other talentless hack should have been the half-time act.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 94

[quote=cys_av8r;81999][quote=cycloneworld;81983]
    Halftime sucked. Enough said.

You must be mixing half-time up with Rex Grossman. I am not a big Prince fan by any stretch, but he rocked it. I am assuming you are probably in your 20s and thus think M&M or some other talentless hack should have been the half-time act.
    Not sure what my age has to do with it. But yes...I'm 24...you could get that info from my profile. And I don't think M&M would be good halftime entertainment for the SB because they are only local Iowa radio hosts silly. I would think someone of your wise age would know that.

Half of the songs Prince sang weren't even his own songs!

He rocked it for sure...well maybe behind that sheet he did. It sure looked like he had the "equipment" to do so.