Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: ISU academics

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 165,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    jaretac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Frigidaire
    Posts
    7,629
    Points
    165,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU academics

    Came across this by accident, a few facts about ISU:
    • ISU enrolls more Iowans than any other institution in the state
    • ISU's business college is the largest in the state
    • ISU's engineering program is one of the 10 largest in the US
    • US news and World Report has ISU programs ranked as follows
      • Statistics 7th
      • Inorganic chemistry 10th
      • Analytical chemistry 12th
      • Higher education administration 13th
      • Aerospace engineering 15th
      • Industrial and manufacturing systems engineering 15th
      • Counseling/personnel services 17th
      • Materials science and engineering 20th
      • Chemical and biological engineering 22nd
      • Chemistry 22nd
      • Mechanical engineering 22nd
      • Civil, construction and environmental engineering 23rd
      • Electrical and computer engineering 24th
      • College of Engineering's overall graduate program 24th
    • Other rankings from varies magazines and so on
      • ISU's business faculty ranks in the top 5 in the nation
      • Supply Chain Management degree under the college of business is ranked 12th in the country
      • Accounting students constantly rank in the top 5
      • Marketing department is ranked 4th
      • ISU has been ranked as the 3rd most fit student body



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 426,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    426,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU academics

    Iowa State's College of Business is shooting through the roof in undergraduate programs in most magazines, a lot of which I think is due to Gerdin.



  3. #3
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 211,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,545
    Points
    211,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 103

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Iowa State's College of Business is shooting through the roof in undergraduate programs in most magazines, a lot of which I think is due to Gerdin.

    7-8 years ago, if you wanted business you went to UNI or Iowa. Now it's a closer margin.


    Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

    "The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 80,727, Level: 88
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,616
    Points
    80,727
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU academics

    I thought that the ISU business school was just for people who dropped out of engineering and architecture.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 426,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    426,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    7-8 years ago, if you wanted business you went to UNI or Iowa. Now it's a closer margin.
    7-8? Heck, 3-4 years ago still when I was scoping out colleges. I have people to this day ask why I went into accounting at Iowa State when Iowa and UNI both have better business colleges. Iowa State has the top undergraduate program in this state, Iowa has the best graduate program. UNI has taken a hit as Iowa State's College of Business has grown. Iowa State has better faculty, better facilities, etc. A few years ago, UNI would've been the better school. Iowa State's effort to establish the CoB has gone extremely well.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 846,051, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,706
    Points
    846,051
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 510

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    7-8? Heck, 3-4 years ago still when I was scoping out colleges. I have people to this day ask why I went into accounting at Iowa State when Iowa and UNI both have better business colleges. Iowa State has the top undergraduate program in this state, Iowa has the best graduate program. UNI has taken a hit as Iowa State's College of Business has grown. Iowa State has better faculty, better facilities, etc. A few years ago, UNI would've been the better school. Iowa State's effort to establish the CoB has gone extremely well.
    Is this the time when we bring Harrison Barnes into the thread, or does that cue come later?


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 203,960, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,955
    Points
    203,960
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 111

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is this the time when we bring Harrison Barnes into the thread, or does that cue come later?
    Oh thank god! I thought I was going to have to be that guy....and nobody should want to be thatguy



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,215, Level: 76
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,544
    Points
    61,215
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 33

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I thought that the ISU business school was just for people who dropped out of engineering and architecture.
    And WHAT OF IT?!?!?!?!!?






    John Walters is my hero

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 36,264, Level: 58
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,398
    Points
    36,264
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    Came across this by accident, a few facts about ISU:
    • ISU enrolls more Iowans than any other institution in the state
    • ISU's business college is the largest in the state
    • ISU's engineering program is one of the 10 largest in the US
    • US news and World Report has ISU programs ranked as follows
      • Statistics 7th
      • Inorganic chemistry 10th
      • Analytical chemistry 12th
      • Higher education administration 13th
      • Aerospace engineering 15th
      • Industrial and manufacturing systems engineering 15th
      • Counseling/personnel services 17th
      • Materials science and engineering 20th
      • Chemical and biological engineering 22nd
      • Chemistry 22nd
      • Mechanical engineering 22nd
      • Civil, construction and environmental engineering 23rd
      • Electrical and computer engineering 24th
      • College of Engineering's overall graduate program 24th
    • Other rankings from varies magazines and so on
      • ISU's business faculty ranks in the top 5 in the nation
      • Supply Chain Management degree under the college of business is ranked 12th in the country
      • Accounting students constantly rank in the top 5
      • Marketing department is ranked 4th
      • ISU has been ranked as the 3rd most fit student body

    Sounds like a GREAT place for Harrison Barnes!



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 14,824, Level: 36
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    jtaconutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    492
    Points
    14,824
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU academics

    Did we drop the Vet Med program?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 426,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    426,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    I thought that the ISU business school was just for people who dropped out of engineering and architecture.
    You forgot athletes and cheerleaders.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 426,258, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,648
    Points
    426,258
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by jtaconutz View Post
    Did we drop the Vet Med program?
    God no...they have their own freaking campus.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 464,817, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,217
    Points
    464,817
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 177

    Re: ISU academics

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    God no...they have their own freaking campus.
    Yeah, it's got its own campanile and central lawn and everything...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,429, Level: 32
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    resident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    276
    Points
    11,429
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU academics

    I have seen our Ag. Engineering at #2 in the nation somewhere, just behind Purdue.



  15. #15
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,744, Level: 34
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    225
    Points
    12,744
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: ISU academics

    I just completed my accouting degree at Iowa State, and it was very challenging... glad to see it's finally getting some recognition



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM