Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 15,174, Level: 37
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    CyBelieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    507
    Points
    15,174
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 47

    JC Updates - Any help?

    I am sure I am asking an old question again, but what is the status of Lattimer, Taufoou & Martin (JC recruits)? Are they in Ames now? Are they coming at all? Besides Reynolds, was there any other JC recruits I missed?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 53,532, Level: 71
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    KMAC_ATTACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    2,223
    Points
    53,532
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    I am sure I am asking an old question again, but what is the status of Lattimer, Taufoou & Martin (JC recruits)? Are they in Ames now? Are they coming at all? Besides Reynolds, was there any other JC recruits I missed?
    Zach Spears - OT 6-7, 320 lbs.
    Joshua Bellamy - WR 6'1 200 lbs (4.4 speed)

    Based on everything we've heard, spears has been in since winter break and is slimming down to be a mobile tackle like Coach Bleil and Herman want. Based on his videos, i would be extremely surprised if Bellamy did not come in and play a major role in Coach Hermans office. Big, athletic, strong, fast and catches the ball in traffic. Appears to be very qualified to join our already deep receiving corp and make some plays.

    From everything i've heard, i expect all the jucos to come in and contribute this year.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,062, Level: 60
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 988
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    3,779
    Points
    38,062
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    David Sims, SS



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 38,963, Level: 60
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,477
    Points
    38,963
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by KMAC_ATTACK View Post
    Zach Spears - OT 6-7, 320 lbs.
    Joshua Bellamy - WR 6'1 200 lbs (4.4 speed)

    Based on everything we've heard, spears has been in since winter break and is slimming down to be a mobile tackle like Coach Bleil and Herman want. Based on his videos, i would be extremely surprised if Bellamy did not come in and play a major role in Coach Hermans office. Big, athletic, strong, fast and catches the ball in traffic. Appears to be very qualified to join our already deep receiving corp and make some plays.

    From everything i've heard, i expect all the jucos to come in and contribute this year.

    Had a chance to watch him play last year---very, very under-utilized in Junior College. I'm not drinking Kool-Aid when I say he will have the most receiving yards this year for ISU...



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 30,723, Level: 53
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    TheCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The City, VA to CA
    Posts
    553
    Points
    30,723
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by arganbright2 View Post
    Had a chance to watch him play last year---very, very under-utilized in Junior College. I'm not drinking Kool-Aid when I say he will have the most receiving yards this year for ISU...



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 164,708, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,963
    Points
    164,708
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 48

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCity View Post



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,883, Level: 43
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 867
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,576
    Points
    19,883
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 6

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    I think this may be something for cy-bookie then.


    Kyle S. Flander

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 150,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,522
    Points
    150,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 267

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
    These two guys sound pretty similar, but I could see Money being more of a hybrid player. If he is anywhere near equal to the hype, we should be getting him touches in more than just the conventional WR role. Given who is returning, the staff must have felt both are impact guys. You do not bring in JUCO's to ride the pine. I really like what I saw from Darks and Sed as freshman, and Hamilton and Jones are solid. Thus, if Money and Bellamy were to compete for the most yards on the season, we could have an explosive receiving corps. If there is one position where you can come in as a newcomer and not miss too much it is WR.
    The Oline needs to step it up- if they do, this offense could make ISU a surprise team in the BIG 12N


    Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 06-30-2009 at 12:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 58,732, Level: 75
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,318
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    2,873
    Points
    58,732
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 67
    Given: 57

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    I'm not picky, I'll take 6 guys with 500 yds a piece.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 263,000, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,433
    Points
    263,000
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
    Our group of receivers is going to be so productive this year it is going to shock a lot of people. For some reason I see Money being used like a Jeremy Maclin from Mizzou, screens, option, line him up in the backfield, deep balls, etc.... His versatility will make him very difficult to defend.



  11. #11
    Rookie
    Points: 30,723, Level: 53
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    TheCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The City, VA to CA
    Posts
    553
    Points
    30,723
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    These two guys sound pretty similar, but I could see Money being more of a hybrid player. If he is anywhere near equal to the hype, we should be getting him touches in more than just the conventional WR role. Given who is returning, the staff must have felt both are impact guys. You do not bring in JUCO's to ride the pine. I really like what I saw from Darks and Sed as freshman, and Hamilton and Jones are solid. Thus, if Money and Bellamy were to compete for the most yards on the season, we could have an explosive receiving corps. If there is one position where you can come in as a newcomer and not miss too much it is WR.
    The Oline needs to step it up- if they do, this offense could make ISU a surprise team in the BIG 12N
    Agreed, one of the 1st questions the staff asked Money was did he feel more comfortable returning Punts or kicks (you know what he said)...

    I believe the wealth will be shared...but it will be surprising to some as to between whom...



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 150,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,522
    Points
    150,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 267

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Our group of receivers is going to be so productive this year it is going to shock a lot of people. For some reason I see Money being used like a Jeremy Maclin from Mizzou, screens, option, line him up in the backfield, deep balls, etc.... His versatility will make him very difficult to defend.
    I would love that. Sed and Hamilton should be tough in the redzone. Darks/Jones hopefully can be for AA what Flynn was for Meyer. Jones is also a heck of a blocker. Money and Bellamy may be able to force the defense to respect the whole field, and provide more big plays. C. Franklin, albiet not a WR, is quite the weapon as well.



  13. #13
    Recruit
    Points: 6,010, Level: 22
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    119
    Points
    6,010
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
    Agreed, one of the 1st questions the staff asked Money was did he feel more comfortable returning Punts or kicks (you know what he said)...

    I believe the wealth will be shared...but it will be surprising to some as to between whom...
    I hope he said punts, unless he wants to share carries with #23



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 178,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,651
    Points
    178,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 360

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    I'm not picky, I'll take 6 guys with 500 yds a piece.
    Plus the tight ends?




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 178,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,651
    Points
    178,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 96
    Given: 360

    Re: JC Updates - Any help?

    Quote Originally Posted by jt tailgater View Post
    I hope he said punts, unless he wants to share carries with #23
    I'm pretty sure he said both, and LJ won't be returning any more.




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM