Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Cyclone FanaticŪ

    The site obviously has unlimited potential but its obvious that there could be work done to really take this to the next level. Perhaps we could create a Cyclone Fanatic "company" (private) and sell something like 50 or so shares of stock and hold meetings on site direction, etc.

    The real point of this thread is a) good idea? and b) who would be willing to contribute to an operation like this? Would it even be worth it?


    I Will Arise From Brazil

  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 13,525, Level: 35
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    243
    Points
    13,525
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 11

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Brilliant!!!!!(pirate picture)



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 28,269, Level: 51
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    1,697
    Points
    28,269
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 3

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    I can't believe Jeremy never thought of this



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,287, Level: 42
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 563
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,625
    Points
    19,287
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    donno. One thing that makes CF uniquie is that it is free. Make it a corp/business model of any type - that changes. As long as Jeremy makes enough to cover his costs, I'm not sure anything should change. Have an idea - make a suggestion.



  5. #5
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by crash_zone View Post
    donno. One thing that makes CF uniquie is that it is free. Make it a corp/business model of any type - that changes. As long as Jeremy makes enough to cover his costs, I'm not sure anything should change. Have an idea - make a suggestion.
    It would start out more of a membership to an elite discussion. We would get together and discuss outlook and ways to broaden the horizon. As we worked on less-expensive issues, we could perhaps start spending the capital on more "risky" issues... Catch my drift?

    It doesn't have to necessarily mean memberships.


    I Will Arise From Brazil

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 206,328, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,242
    Points
    206,328
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 493

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    are you a prince in nigeria?



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 117,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,378
    Points
    117,225
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 14

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ



    Is that you Donald... Why not just share your money with us... You know you need some kind of tax write off....

    Hey... Companies never work... Look at our finacial situation the country currently is in. Plus... I'm not sure my stock advisor would see investing in Cyclone Fanatic would be the best way to secure my retirement fund...



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,734, Level: 39
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    347
    Points
    16,734
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Let me guess, you want to pay for the first share with a cashier's check made out for $2,000 more than the price?



  9. #9
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Wow guys, its not like a ******* Google, Rivals, or whatever you guys are thinking. In the beginning it would be like a 25 dollar contribution with the fact that you can attend like a weekly meeting or something. Just to maybe start stirring Cyclone Fanatic up a little bit.


    I Will Arise From Brazil

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 206,328, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,242
    Points
    206,328
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 493

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by Praguejamento View Post
    Wow guys, its not like a ******* tv or car or whatever you guys are thinking. In the beginning it would be like a 25 dollar contribution with the fact that you can attend like a weekly meeting or something. Just to maybe start stirring Cyclone Fanatic up a little bit.
    CycloneFanatic is fine the way it is. Its unique, and one of the best sports/off topic message boards out there, we dont want to become a Scout/Rivals bs site.



  11. #11
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    All ideas must adapt if they wish to survive. Look at the traffic ratings for Cyclone Fanatic. It is nothing spectacular, and will not be sustained forever.

    LUCKILY for you guys, you have one of the better moderators in the Internet managing your site, considering the low audience he deals with.


    I Will Arise From Brazil

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 117,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,378
    Points
    117,225
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 14

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by Praguejamento View Post
    Wow guys, its not like a ******* Google, Rivals, or whatever you guys are thinking. In the beginning it would be like a 25 dollar contribution with the fact that you can attend like a weekly meeting or something. Just to maybe start stirring Cyclone Fanatic up a little bit.
    This site is perfect... We have enough insiders that get us info before most "premium" sites.

    Plus.. Weekly meetings... What the heck?? Why don't we just plan a night to all show up at West Cyde Wings and get drunk and eat wings. Alot cheaper and probably more fun.

    Stirring Cyclone fanatic up alittle??? I'd rather stir the soup...



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,734, Level: 39
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    347
    Points
    16,734
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by Praguejamento View Post
    Wow guys, its not like a ******* Google, Rivals, or whatever you guys are thinking. In the beginning it would be like a 25 dollar contribution with the fact that you can attend like a weekly meeting or something. Just to maybe start stirring Cyclone Fanatic up a little bit.
    A.) I'm not sure that making people pay for participating is going to "stir up" the site.
    B.) With participants in the site coming from all across the U.S. and the world, it would be difficult to find a proper weekly meeting place.
    C.) I can't quite wrap my head around who you are, praguejamento -- a Cyclone fan from Brazil? a guy from Brazil who recently stumbled upon cyclonefanatic? a guy from the states who knows a little Portugese? Before too many people on the site laugh at some of your comments, it would be interesting to know a little about your backstory.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 431,685, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,786
    Points
    431,685
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 14

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by Praguejamento View Post
    All ideas must adapt if they wish to survive. Look at the traffic ratings for Cyclone Fanatic. It is nothing spectacular, and will not be sustained forever.

    LUCKILY for you guys, you have one of the better moderators in the Internet managing your site, considering the low audience he deals with.
    Ok, I was making fun of some moronic posters today, but you make them seem like they've geniuses or something.



  15. #15
    Prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Cyclone FanaticŪ

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    This site is perfect... We have enough insiders that get us info before most "premium" sites.

    Plus.. Weekly meetings... What the heck?? Why don't we just plan a night to all show up at West Cyde Wings and get drunk and eat wings. Alot cheaper and probably more fun.

    Stirring Cyclone fanatic up alittle??? I'd rather stir the soup...
    Quote Originally Posted by cloneatlaw View Post
    A.) I'm not sure that making people pay for participating is going to "stir up" the site.
    B.) With participants in the site coming from all across the U.S. and the world, it would be difficult to find a proper weekly meeting place.
    C.) I can't quite wrap my head around who you are, praguejamento -- a Cyclone fan from Brazil? a guy from Brazil who recently stumbled upon cyclonefanatic? a guy from the states who knows a little Portugese? Before too many people on the site laugh at some of your comments, it would be interesting to know a little about your backstory.
    It obviously would not be an excuse to get drunk and watch a few games. It would be for a few creative guys who can give an outlook to something they are passionate about.


    I Will Arise From Brazil

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM