Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    How is our OTC doing?

    No Herbert. No Delgnev.

    You'd think of Ames were a big OC training site we'd be a little more stocked with guys actually training.



  2. #2
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Tell us what you know SPOONER!



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,794, Level: 88
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    80,794
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Sucks that the Mighty Squateyes have one but we don't . . oh wait



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,065, Level: 26
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    237
    Points
    8,065
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    If you would have been paying attention you would have recalled that Jackson said he didnt expect anything to happen until September or later. He stated that after the Worlds that people could be out of their current obligations and then potentially come to Ames. He never stated names but said you never know who will actually come until they arrive because its not a signed agreement like a LOI or something.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 206,428, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,267
    Points
    206,428
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 535

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    "Our"? Pretty sure everyone here knows you're not a cyclone fan.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 28

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPOONER View Post
    No Herbert. No Delgnev.

    You'd think of Ames were a big OC training site we'd be a little more stocked with guys actually training.
    Might have to make it 0-3. You obviously don't know ANYTHING about ISU wrestling.

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...e-heskett.html



  7. #7
    Recruit benisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    I assume were talking about Tervel Dlagnev? Not sure about him, but I've heard Herbert will eventually be coming to train here. All in good time...



  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone83 View Post
    Sucks that the Mighty Squateyes have one but we don't . . oh wait
    Zadick, Mocco, Schwab...tell me how that isn't an Olympic training center again? That's almost half the Olympic team. To say nothing about Frayer, Luedke and Hasseman. What if they add Cejudo to their staff as has been rumored as a possibility? Are they still not a training center?

    The dirty secret here is that Ames is already considered a training center by USA wrestling. The problem has--and continues to be--attracting that kind of talent to Ames. It hasn't happened...yet.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,665, Level: 77
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,585
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,566
    Points
    61,665
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 73

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPOONER View Post
    Zadick, Mocco, Schwab...tell me how that isn't an Olympic training center again? That's almost half the Olympic team. To say nothing about Frayer, Luedke and Hasseman. What if they add Cejudo to their staff as has been rumored as a possibility? Are they still not a training center?

    The dirty secret here is that Ames is already considered a training center by USA wrestling. The problem has--and continues to be--attracting that kind of talent to Ames. It hasn't happened...yet.
    How many times do I have to say, Steve Mocco is not an asset to ANY facility. He's just a huge punk. I'll never forgive him for throwing his head gear at a fan in Hilton. I'm just glad, was it Cole Conrad from U of MN?, beat his ***.


    John Walters is my hero

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,794, Level: 88
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,802
    Points
    80,794
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPOONER View Post
    Zadick, Mocco, Schwab...tell me how that isn't an Olympic training center again? That's almost half the Olympic team. To say nothing about Frayer, Luedke and Hasseman. What if they add Cejudo to their staff as has been rumored as a possibility? Are they still not a training center?

    The dirty secret here is that Ames is already considered a training center by USA wrestling. The problem has--and continues to be--attracting that kind of talent to Ames. It hasn't happened...yet.
    I thought you were talking about an official OTC. Like you were talking about before. Are they an official OTC? I don't know. Or did you unilaterally change the terms of the debate? And if you didn't why not state the facts, first, instead of posting another condescending post? Why break your arm patting yourself on the back?

    You give the impression that you'd rather be right - that that is more important to you - than the disappointment if certain things don't work out. And you claim to be a Cyclone fan?

    If you want to talk Squakeye smack, take it to the proper board. I realize that you claim that you are a Cyclone fan. I brought that up, because that was your argument before, that Ames would never be an official OTC before another, obviously more qualified site in the state.

    But if you are going to come here and behave like an ******* expect to be treated the way you behave. To post as you have, and to use the identical screen name as another poster on a different board is simply ignorant. To continue to come here and post smack like posts is in the same vein. If you want to be civil, please continue. If you want to be rude and condescending towards others, please take it elsewhere.


    Last edited by Clone83; 06-30-2009 at 10:24 AM.

  11. #11
    Recruit benisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    What the hell was the point of this thread anyway?



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 33,002, Level: 55
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,196
    Points
    33,002
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 25

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPOONER View Post
    No Herbert. No Delgnev.

    You'd think of Ames were a big OC training site we'd be a little more stocked with guys actually training.
    Spooner go back in your little hole. Every time you talk you look like a fool.

    It takes time to build OTC.



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    How many times do I have to say, Steve Mocco is not an asset to ANY facility. He's just a huge punk. I'll never forgive him for throwing his head gear at a fan in Hilton. I'm just glad, was it Cole Conrad from U of MN?, beat his ***.
    That was a classic moment. I can't stand the guy but he was our 2008 Olympian, like it or not.



  14. #14
    Bench Warmer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    333
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone83 View Post
    I thought you were talking about an official OTC. Like you were talking about before. Are they an official OTC? I don't know. Or did you unilaterally change the terms of the debate? And if you didn't why not state the facts, first, instead of posting another condescending post? Why break your arm patting yourself on the back?

    You give the impression that you'd rather be right - that that is more important to you - than the disappointment if certain things don't work out. And you claim to be a Cyclone fan?

    If you want to talk Squakeye smack, take it to the proper board. I realize that you claim that you are a Cyclone fan. I brought that up, because that was your argument before, that Ames would never be an official OTC before another, obviously more qualified site in the state.

    But if you are going to come here and behave like an ******* expect to be treated the way you behave. To post as you have, and to use the identical screen name as another poster on a different board is simply ignorant. To continue to come here and post smack like posts is in the same vein. If you want to be civil, please continue. If you want to be rude and condescending towards others, please take it elsewhere.
    Ummmm...no. I never claimed we wouldn't get one before them. I was refuting claims that we had a leg up on the rest of the country. We don't. If people think we do they are seriously kidding themselves.

    My other claim is that I'll believe we have the type of "OTC" that fans are expecting when I see it. If we step up fundraising efforts, it can happen.

    And no, I'd rather we just had one so we could all move on. What I think is happening here is that people didn't like it when I wasn't sipping kool aid from the same cup and jumped down my throat about it. Therefore, I choose to keep bringing it up on the small chance that those people will man up and agree they were wrong.

    Neither me nor those people have been proven right, yet. I will fully admit that. Watching people get their panties in a bunch is comedy, though.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 191,141, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,805
    Points
    191,141
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 3

    Re: How is our OTC doing?

    Why does anyone think this Spooner is a Cyclone fan? Just because he says so? There is a "Spooner" on the Hawkeye boards too. Just a coincidence right? What a joke.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM