Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    We did receive a response from Jamie Pollard, and I've sent him an email requesting permission to post the letter on The Johnny Orr Project homepage. I will do so as soon as I've received permission.

    In the meantime, I do not want to say more than I should, but I think it is safe to say that the overall goal of our project will be fulfilled in some way in the not too distant future! While our project didn't bring this about, I think this is fantastic news, and shows that clearly we are not the only ones who've been thinking about this.

    I've also requested for Mr. Pollard to let me know where to send donations that could help assist this to fruition, and when I receive that, I'll post it also. Thank you to everyone for joining, and hopefully we can turn this group into one that can continue to honor Coach Orr for how much he means to Iowa State University, and Cyclone fans everywhere, and continue to support ISU in any way that we can!



  2. #2
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    We did receive a response from Jamie Pollard, and I've sent him an email requesting permission to post the letter on The Johnny Orr Project homepage. I will do so as soon as I've received permission.

    In the meantime, I do not want to say more than I should, but I think it is safe to say that the overall goal of our project will be fulfilled in some way in the not too distant future! While our project didn't bring this about, I think this is fantastic news, and shows that clearly we are not the only ones who've been thinking about this.

    I've also requested for Mr. Pollard to let me know where to send donations that could help assist this to fruition, and when I receive that, I'll post it also. Thank you to everyone for joining, and hopefully we can turn this group into one that can continue to honor Coach Orr for how much he means to Iowa State University, and Cyclone fans everywhere, and continue to support ISU in any way that we can!
    Was this the group about making the Orr statue? I like the idea, but don't usually use Facebook, so I never joined to figure out the details.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    Was this the group about making the Orr statue? I like the idea, but don't usually use Facebook, so I never joined to figure out the details.
    We had not refined our final goal yet pending the response from ISU, as we didn't know which goal would work within the framework of their current plans. We had narrowed it down to a statue, naming the street between Hilton and Jack Trice after him and naming the basketball court after him.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 57,799, Level: 74
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,190
    Points
    57,799
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 487

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    so thanks but no thanks?


    I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 39,633, Level: 61
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 717
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,011
    Points
    39,633
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 23
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgore_trout View Post
    so thanks but no thanks?
    Read between the lines and wait for more info.
    Posted via Mobile Device



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    Read between the lines and wait for more info.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    This is the correct answer



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 165,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,087
    Points
    165,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 82

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    I really hope they go with Johnny Orr Floor. I think that would bring the magic back. It's a good omen.



  8. #8
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    If it's renaming the street(s) between Hilton and JT, I'll be disappointed. That seems dumb.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 180,412, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,893
    Points
    180,412
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 723

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    If it's renaming the street(s) between Hilton and JT, I'll be disappointed. That seems dumb.
    Actually, either renaming the street and the floor are fairly meaningless--because they take very little money or effort to accomplish.

    Now, a statue, that's a big deal. It requires a concerted effort on the part of every Cyclone fan. And it sure as heck is what Johnny deserves!




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 272,731, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isuno1fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, Iowa
    Posts
    17,509
    Points
    272,731
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 31

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    If there is conversation of donations to contribute to the recognition then it is likely a statue as naming a street or the floor really doesn't cost anything/much.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    I have yet to receive permission (or rejection) of my request to post the letter. I do not believe that posting it will let any major cat out of the bag, but I plan on waiting until Monday night before posting it all the same. And then, let the speculation begin!



  12. #12
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I have yet to receive permission (or rejection) of my request to post the letter. I do not believe that posting it will let any major cat out of the bag, but I plan on waiting until Monday night before posting it all the same. And then, let the speculation begin!
    I just want to ask for clarification. It sounds like this was already in the works before you sent a letter about it? Is that right?


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 736,494, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,926
    Points
    736,494
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,544
    Given: 733

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    I just want to ask for clarification. It sounds like this was already in the works before you sent a letter about it? Is that right?



  14. #14
    Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oldpeopleville
    Posts
    9,207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    If that's the case, my guess is naming the practice facility after him.


    "Seven minutes to glory."

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 180,412, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,893
    Points
    180,412
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 723

    Re: Letter from Jamie Pollard to The Johnny Orr Project

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone62 View Post
    If that's the case, my guess is naming the practice facility after him.
    Which would make absolutely NO sense whatsoever. A facility never visited by more than the fewest fans, in passing? I'd guess that the practice facility will be named for the donor.




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM