Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 0

Is ISU the worst offensive team in the Big 12?

I think it’s reasonable to consider it. When you look at the numbers we’ve put up in big 12 play (152-405, 37.5% from the floor and 15 topg) it’s really a compelling argument. Really the only team that could be considered worse than us is Colorado, as they have an offensive efficiency rating placing them at 283rd in the country whereas ISU is 230th.

But, Colorado is shooting 42.6% during Big 12 play. The problem is that they turn the ball over 18.4 times a game. I think this is also a function of the fact that Ricardo is a lame duck coach and he looks like he’s thinking about what’s for dinner on the sideline.

I knew we’d struggle from the floor this year (takes a while to learn McD’s system, bunch of young guys, no real scorers) but I wouldn’t have thought we’d pretty much be the worst.

One last note, if you thought we turned the ball over a lot, Colorado has two games where they’ve turned the ball over 25 times and 30 times. I mean a 30 turnover game? Wow.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Is ISU the worst offensive team in the Big 12?

I think we could be better offensively, but to give us a better chance to win we have to slow things down and run halfcourt sets. For a number of our players this doesn't jive too well. For example, I think Taylor and Clark would be better off in an up and down style.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I consider Unversity of Colorado the most offensive team in the Big 12........

Rookie
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 3

I think we are close to being the worst on offense, especially during conference games

Prospect
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

All this talking trash about CU, but remember and I hate to say it...they already beat us once this season. So I think the worst team offensively in the Big 12 is a toss up between us and them. But we are rebuilding right?!?!?

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Yes. We dont have a legit scorer. Taylor can score but I could probably go 3-15 from the floor if you wanted me to. Wesley needs to get the ball in his hands more in my opinion. We are REALLY missing a point guard that won't turn it over when he has to handle the ball and can penetrate. Taylor is the only one who can penetrate and he can't kick it out to himself so we run into trouble. Next year should be much better because that will be 1 year in the system and a few new quality players.

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by billdo00 View Post
    Taylor is the only one who can penetrate and he can't kick it out to himself so we run into trouble.

That is a great line!

I just think strength is absolutely needed to compete with the better teams in Division I these days. Look at our better teams and players of recent years like Fizer, Horton, Tinsley, Stinson, Blalock, Homan, even Shirley, Rancik and Stevie Johnson were stronger than anyone we've got now. The last three teams we've played really put a body on you. They've probably been not just stronger but as quick or quicker at every position. It's tough to dribble when you're struggling just to maintain your balance from being bumped. Turnovers have happened many times because our opponents are strong and quick enough to seal off anyone to catch the ball. The officials are allowing a more physical game than they used to. It's hard to shoot well when you can't get squared up to the basket from being leaned on. What's ridiculous is when McIntosh or Taylor get called for hand-checking considering the mugging they take when they have the ball at the other end of the floor.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 422
    Given: 301

Bball guards are starting to sound like our stodgy fball oline. Just not cutting the mustard or the barbeque sauce.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.