Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Arnaud better at the little things

I was at football camp and someone asked Herman about the Qb's and he sadi that Arnaud has OK mechanics and good footwork and was grasping the offense well. He did say that Tiller has terrible footwork and not very good mechanics. You could probably tell from just watching but just wanted to say this.

B.F.S.R.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 32

Re: Arnaud better at the little things

Quote Originally Posted by gocy444 View Post
    I was at football camp and someone asked Herman about the Qb's and he sadi that Arnaud has OK mechanics and good footwork and was grasping the offense well. He did say that Tiller has terrible footwork and not very good mechanics. You could probably tell from just watching but just wanted to say this.
    I really think that Arnuad will enjoy the competition/pressure at the position, and Tiller will get much better, quickly with the new staff. I'd like to see Tiller in "out of hand" games, or 2 QB formations.

John Walters is my hero

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 161

I am excited for what Herman can do for JT. It may be harder for JT at first, but in the long run he will benefit greatly from the coaching change.

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    I really think that Arnuad will enjoy the competition/pressure at the position, and Tiller will get much better, quickly with the new staff. I'd like to see Tiller in "out of hand" games, or 2 QB formations.
    Yes, i expect there to be plenty of these......with ISU on top.

B.F.S.R.

Rookie
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

1. If the coach did in fact say his player had terrible footwork and not very good mechanics that's pretty harsh to say at a camp. (wrong place)

2. This type of post is gonna start an even deeper Tiller vs. Arnaud debate...not necessarily what you wanna focus on going into a promising season. (see 2008 Bates vs. Arnaud)

I think the chips will fall where they need to. In my honest opinion Tiller has the capabilities of offering the offense a different look. As a coach, if I was in Herman's position I would create a seperate package for Tiller all together. A speed package. I believe Arnaud and Tiller are wise to each other's abilities and respect one another's skill. So I'd say it wouldn't be a slap in the face or a step in the wrong direction to use Tiller on the option/QB run plays. He's a healthy backup and a perfect fit for a "WildCyde" package because he can keep a defense guessing! Tiller's time in the sun will come.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yes, i expect there to be plenty of these......with ISU on top.
    Are there any other kind?

John Walters is my hero

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
    1. If the coach did in fact say his player had terrible footwork and not very good mechanics that's pretty harsh to say at a camp. (wrong place)

2. This type of post is gonna start an even deeper Tiller vs. Arnaud debate...not necessarily what you wanna focus on going into a promising season. (see 2008 Bates vs. Arnaud)

I think the chips will fall where they need to. In my honest opinion Tiller has the capabilities of offering the offense a different look. As a coach, if I was in Herman's position I would create a seperate package for Tiller all together. A speed package. I believe Arnaud and Tiller are wise to each other's abilities and respect one another's skill. So I'd say it wouldn't be a slap in the face or a step in the wrong direction to use Tiller on the option/QB run plays. He's a healthy backup and a perfect fit for a "WildCyde" package because he can keep a defense guessing! Tiller's time in the sun will come.
    Good perspective City, have you considered coaching?

John Walters is my hero

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

he just said it when a coach helping out asked him how the qb's look. I know that Tiller is a very good athlete and is going to be good i was just saying that his footwork was bad and if he gets better at it, which im sure Herman will help him, he could be very good.

B.F.S.R.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This is definitely a great idea but only if Tiller shows he is a legitimate threat to pass on any play. He definitely has the arm to pass and I think his passing ability is already better than Bates' was and his ceiling is higher.

However, by the time the Iowa game rolled around last year it was pretty obvious that Bates was never a pass first QB and he turned out to be pretty ineffective afterwards. Especially against UNLV.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

he just said it when a coach helping out asked him how the qb's look. I know that Tiller is a very good athlete and is going to be good i was just saying that his footwork was bad and if he gets better at it, which im sure Herman will help him, he could be very good.
    Understandable
    At least we are at a postion to be able to talk about 2 good QBs both on our team...an instant hope killer is a team with no depth!

Last edited by TheCity; 06-25-2009 at 11:25 AM.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Understandable
    At least we are at a postion to be able to talk about 2 good QBs both on our team...an instant hope killer is a team with no depth!
    yes it will be nice that if Arnuad does take a shot and is a little slow getting up we can bring in another Q rather than just putting Arnaud out in a receiver position and putting A-Rob in the shotgun lol

B.F.S.R.

Addict
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,604
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 2

Tiller is going to be good. I too hope that Herman designs a package for him that gets him in a series or two a game. WildCyd would be sweet!!

Legend
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 161

3.)I think the chips will fall where they need to. In my honest opinion Tiller has the capabilities of offering the offense a different look. As a coach, if I was in Herman's position I would create a seperate package for Tiller all together. A speed package. I believe Arnaud and Tiller are wise to each other's abilities and respect one another's skill. So I'd say it wouldn't be a slap in the face or a step in the wrong direction to use Tiller on the option/QB run plays. He's a healthy backup and a perfect fit for a "WildCyde" package because he can keep a defense guessing! Tiller's time in the sun will come.
    Good post City. Hopefully Money shares your football acumen.
    1.) That was my initial reaction, but then realize the context does not translate well to a message board. I too believe brutal honesty with-in the team, but putting a front on to the public. However, as a coach trying to educate other coaches, not being truthful about publicly known fundamentals may be undesirable, i.e. he needs to remain credible. I feel CPR and his staff will have a great relationship with the team, but will not build this by false flattery.
    2.) I feel the Cyclone Nation has a firm understanding that AA is #1. If there is a debate, it will be over how much to implement Point 3.).

I could see Money getting a little time at a hybrid QB position in this "speed package" with Tiller. Is this off-base in your opinion?

Last edited by swarthmoreCY; 06-25-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Rookie
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by swarthmoreCY View Post
    I could see Money getting a little time at a hybrid QB position in this "speed package" with Tiller. Is this off-base in your opinion?
    Well, Money would indeed love that! Its not a far stretch of the imagination...honestly my brother is the type of kid that believes if there's grass on a Cul-de-sac its a great place to play football! He loves the game, he would line up at Center if the coach convinced him that it was his only shot of seeing the field...but I'll let him show that...

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

This should not come as any surprise.