Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

2009-2010 Season Outlook

I think we are going to have a pretty solid team next year heres 10 reasons to be excited.... feel free to add more or tell what you think

1. Bill Fennelly our coach
    2. If Aus plays like she did in the post season when she got back into her form she's going to very dangerous player
    3. Kelsey Bolte will be a big time player for us she's earned post season recognition as both a Frosh (All-Freshmen Team) and soph (All Big 12 Honorable mention) I expect even more from her this coming year
    4. We have our fans that will always be filling up Hilton
    5. Anna Prins seems like she could be the real deal, might be ISU's highest rated recruits ever. I expect her to play a big role as a true center
    6. Whitney Williams showed us a lot of promise at times, I could see her being really maybe like Lindsey Wilson (Wilson only played about 15 min/game a frosh and really stepped up big time as soph through her sr year
    7. Amanda Zimmerman has been a cyclone since the summer after her 8th grade year I don't think she'll disappoint as a she's a solid power forward. Plus she's already played a season with Aus in high school
    8. If Denae Stuckey can shoot like she did at time in the NCAA and big 12 tourney ( she canned a few nice 3 pointer) she already has great speed and defensive abilities, she could really contribute and be a great player
    9. I think we could really be awaiting big surprises from Poppens and Schroll who knows what we will see from them, and chassidy cole could be a sleeper i'm not sure about much about her but we could be in for something good
    10. Big senior class( Aus, Denae, Genesis, Mossman, Flo)... I know some of these girls haven't had a lot of PT throught their careers but i'm sure they will all be hungry for some success this season

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 97

Re: 2009-2010 Season Outlook

I'd just say that a lot depends on the post play, and relying on freshmen can always be chancy. On the other hand, the future is very bright.

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.

Recruit
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

we host the ncaa this year and we should be in it.The young girls are gonna have to learn to play on the road.I'am pretty sure the month of Jan. is gonna be hard on coach Fenn.(a few words of encouragement needed)

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

go billy go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 584
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 22

a lot of unknowns and variables this year. It will be exciting to see them go through the growing pains. I expect there will be some big surprise wins, and some losses (like Iowa last season) that will sting.

It could be just me, but it seems great players make a splash as Freshmen, struggle with their sophomore year(everyone knows them/scouted them now), grow through their junior year, and excel at their senior year. I expect all our incoming Frosh will follow this pattern, even Schrool. I see her athleticism being a bonus for this team. Truthfully, I think a lot will hinge less on our post play, and more on our guards as a lot of graduates on the interior this past season in the Big 12. Williams, the new transfer, Danae, possibly Florzak/Mossman, Schroll need to bring the quality minutes to support Aus/Bolte. We need 4-5 regular scorers, that is what makes this team tough - a team, balanced scoring, hard position work on defense. I see Prins/Zimmerman, Poppens getting the 12-16 points we need from the posts, and I look for BF to want to see 30+ 3s a game.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 111

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    It could be just me, but it seems great players make a splash as Freshmen, struggle with their sophomore year(everyone knows them/scouted them now), grow through their junior year, and excel at their senior year.
    This I hope turns out to be true for Bolte. At times last season she seemed to be unconfident offensively, and I hope that kind of goes away as she takes on more responsibility.

Walk On
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Our Line up next year
    1- Whitney Williams
    2- Alison Lacey
    3- Kelsey Bolte
    4- Amanda Zimmerman
    5- Anna Prins

Last edited by runningcy; 07-08-2009 at 03:23 PM.