Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 268

Ames Tribune has a CCL website

I am not intelligent enough to grade her on the grammar, but Courtney Linehan is a huge step up from their last sports editor. She is like a one person ISU press corps. Not long before she moves on. Here is a link to the Ames Tribune CCL:
    Cap City Central Blog Archive Guards and Gilstrap shine opening night

Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Ames Tribune has a CCL website

Pretty good writer...I enjoy several of her things but is one of the most annoying people to deal with. Pretty rude person overall, but I will say she has done a pretty good job covering Iowa State since coming here from Illinois.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 109

Re: Ames Tribune has a CCL website

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarv View Post
    Pretty good writer...I enjoy several of her things but is one of the most annoying people to deal with. Pretty rude person overall, but I will say she has done a pretty good job covering Iowa State since coming here from Illinois.
    Wow. I don't think I would call her rude. I believe she posts here, and seems like a decent person.

Maybe you are ugly? I don't know, I don't like working with ugly people and I would give you a hard time.

I think I have PM'd with her in the past, and she was very pleasant about things. Maybe she was just having a bad day. From what I have read, her coverage seems great. Seems to be a fan of ISU, at least for the moment, but she doesn't let that color her commentary too much. I think she is doing a solid job, especially for her age and experience.

Now if you want to go after certain kf apologists I will join in that stoning in a heartbeat. I don't think she would sweep a story about a female athlete being abused and ridiculed by other athletes under the rug. In fact, I think she would dig to the bottom of it and get the truth out, no matter if it made the accuser look bad or the athletic department. And yes, I believe she would do it even if it cost her access or possibly hinder future employment opportunities. I think she has what some people would call character, that thing many Hawk-loving media types abandon when they strap on the black and gold polyester.

"Dog Eat Dog"
    Read the news
    Someone win,
    Someone lose