Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Advice on Scandanavian travel

My husband and I have started thinking about/planning a fall vacation. We were originally thinking Bergen/Oslo, but he's thrown out the idea of tacking on Stockholm, too. It'd mean adding leaving a day earlier to allow for more time in each city, another (long) train ride, another hotel reservation, etc. Is this too much for a 9-10 day trip? I'm thinking stick with Norway, do it justice, and make Sweeden another trip some other time.

I'm tired of googling, reading trip advisor reviews, etc., so I'm turning to my trusted fellow CF'ers for advice. Anyone been there, done that? Any advice to share?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Advice on Scandanavian travel

Quote Originally Posted by 4ISUnUI2 View Post
    My husband and I have started thinking about/planning a fall vacation. We were originally thinking Bergen/Oslo, but he's thrown out the idea of tacking on Stockholm, too. It'd mean adding leaving a day earlier to allow for more time in each city, another (long) train ride, another hotel reservation, etc. Is this too much for a 9-10 day trip? I'm thinking stick with Norway, do it justice, and make Sweeden another trip some other time.

I'm tired of googling, reading trip advisor reviews, etc., so I'm turning to my trusted fellow CF'ers for advice. Anyone been there, done that? Any advice to share?
    Are you really going to go back, or are you just telling yourself that? You're already over there, might as well do it.

@LeSchmick

XBox Live: Le Schmick

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Sweden is great

I was there awhile back and loved it, not sure of the train ride length, but to do stockholm right you would want at least 2 days I would think.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24

Re: Advice on Scandanavian travel

There are several cruises that cover the Norwegian coastal region. This is a trip that my wife and I have always wanted to take. Start in Oslo and take the train through the mountains to Bergan then a 12 day cruise up and down the coast.

Hurtigruten - Norwegian cruise in the fjords of Norway - hurtigruten.com

Cruise Norway: Hurtigruten

Norwegian Coastal Voyage Norwegian Cruise