Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 274
    Given: 372

Why I hate Apple stores

I'm on my 3rd Ipod. My first one was a mini and it performed fine, my second was a standard Ipod it gave out about 6 months after warranty, and my Ipod touch which is 6 months old gave out yesterday. I have a ton of electronics and nothing else that I've ever owned has broke.....ok one power supply was bad in my PC.

You would think I would have a problem with the Ipod's themselves but my beef is with their service.

They have this "edgy" practice where you don't stand in line. You find a salesperson to schedule a time for you to walk up to the front desk for help. So here is an example of how that worked for me.

#1 Go into the Apple store with my broken Touch

#2 Find a sales guy to help me out

#3 Tell the sales guy that the Ipod has a black screen of death and that I've also tried to plug it into the wall power outlet adapter and did the reset command.

#4 Sales guy does the reset command and the power outlet adapter thing. Neither works. "I need to schedule you a time with one of our technicians. It's going to be 45 minutes"

#5 Came back in 45 minutes and saw my name on their LCD. Still stood in line until everyone was done. Had to repeat the whole story to the "tech guy". The tech guy tried the wall power outlet adapter and the reset command. He then said "hmmmm looks liek you'll need a new one, here you go". Gave me a new Touch (may be referbished).

So why did I have to go through 45 minutes of that crap? I will never buy another Apple product in my life.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 392

Re: Why I hate Apple stores

Speaking against Apple will get you dissapeared.

Swarm & Punish
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 419
    Given: 808

Two things:

1. I am not an apple guy.
    2. Seems to me they handled your problem and did it in a timely matter.. less than an hour.

What's the problem here? Just need to let off steam? thats cool.. I can understand that.

-keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    I'm on my 3rd Ipod. My first one was a mini and it performed fine, my second was a standard Ipod it gave out about 6 months after warranty, and my Ipod touch which is 6 months old gave out yesterday. I have a ton of electronics and nothing else that I've ever owned has broke.....ok one power supply was bad in my PC.

You would think I would have a problem with the Ipod's themselves but my beef is with their service.

They have this "edgy" practice where you don't stand in line. You find a salesperson to schedule a time for you to walk up to the front desk for help. So here is an example of how that worked for me.

#3 Tell the sales guy that the Ipod has a black screen of death and that I've also tried to plug it into the wall power outlet adapter and did the reset command.

#4 Sales guy does the reset command and the power outlet adapter thing. Neither works. "I need to schedule you a time with one of our technicians. It's going to be 45 minutes"

#5 Came back in 45 minutes and saw my name on their LCD. Still stood in line until everyone was done. Had to repeat the whole story to the "tech guy". The tech guy tried the wall power outlet adapter and the reset command. He then said "hmmmm looks liek you'll need a new one, here you go". Gave me a new Touch (may be referbished).

So why did I have to go through 45 minutes of that crap? I will never buy another Apple product in my life.

Waiting does suck, but they gave you a new touch...they just gave it to you. Most companies would make you mail it in and in 4-8 weeks you'd have a new one.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

You have just been jobbed by Steve Jobs.

Cm'n, you will come back. This is Apple, home of the alternative and innovator from beyond.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 799
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I'm kind of confused here... what other store do you expect to get better service from? Are you going to take your new Zune in to the Microsoft store when it breaks? I hope that works out for you.

I should note that I also get frustrated when I have to make an appointment at the "genius bar" ( I hate that name ), but I also remember that if I have a PC, there is no option for face to face help at all... certainly not for free. I've just decided to start looking at the ability to make an appointment as a nice thing, rather than be ****** off that I have to wait to get help. At least I get it.

Last edited by ColoradoClone; 06-15-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Two things:

1. I am not an apple guy.
    2. Seems to me they handled your problem and did it in a timely matter.. less than an hour.

What's the problem here? Just need to let off steam? thats cool.. I can understand that.

-keep.
    Agreed

Try getting that type of service (or any type, for that matter) out of Best Buy. You'll spend 20 minutes trying to find somebody who can somewhat understand the problem, drop it off at the service counter (if they don't outright deny responsibility) and then you may get it back in about 2 weeks.

I love Dell computers - all I buy. But I've spent longer on the phone with them to get a new keyboard shipped.

Last edited by DaddyMac; 06-15-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Starter
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post

If you have to complain about a 45 minute wait at Apple, you should get some real problems. At least they gave you a new iPod Touch, how many tech. product companies allow you to go to a store to exchange a broken product. (Don't even say Best Buy...) You would be mailing it in.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by bostinelosd View Post
    Speaking against Apple will get you dissapeared.
    funny

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I bought a microwave from Best Buy once with the extended warranty. When it stopped working, I took it back to the store. An in-store tech looked at it, confirmed that it didn't work, and told me they'd have to send it to their repair center. A few days later the repair center called me, told me it would cost too much to repair it, and had me go back to the store to get a new microwave.

I understand why the OP would be frustrated that he had to wait around for a tech to do the same thing the sales rep did, but it's still better service than most stores.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 256

Overpriced and crappy service.... yep that's apple.
    I'm still using a creative labs mp3 player for almost 3+ years. At the time it was about $50 cheaper that the comparable model to ipod. I don't think I know a single person that has their same mp3 player from that long ago that has the apple logo on it.
    Apple = Trash

I love them for getting some of the new technology out their, but their sheep followers need to wake up from time to time and at least recognize that they are not the best.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 3

I'm with keep on this one. They did for you what everyone wishes Best Buy could do.

Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

Starter
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUKyro View Post
    I love them for getting some of the new technology out their, but their sheep followers need to wake up from time to time and at least recognize that they are not the best.
    You love them? And you hate them?

Apple is making better products CHEAPER than the next guy. If you want to spend money on a Zune or Creative Player, be my guest. If it doesn't break then you are one of the luck ones.

Legend Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Here we go - the BashAppleFanatic.com rears it's ugly head once again.

Who is this mysterious person who goes around with what I can only assume is some sort of firearm, and tries to force some of you to purchase Apple products?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    Given: 23

Quote Originally Posted by jpete24 View Post
    Apple is making better products CHEAPER than the next guy.
    They are? Try not to go all fanboi on me, but Apple is usually more expensive...