Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,909, Level: 34
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    liljones13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    333
    Points
    12,909
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 8

    Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    I live in CF and all you ever hear about on campus and on the tube is how great the CUBS are... Now I think its time that FSN North came to this town and we either got rid of comcast or wgn or whatever......

    Now, on the bright side, once again the Twins are steam rollin through interleague play and Joe Mauer is making a strong statement for MVP this year. The bats are starting to heat up and we are making a push for the division right now. Only if we could trade DY for either prospects or a veteran that would put the Twins in title contention now that the pitching is gettin more consistant..

    F the Cubs, Sox (Red & White)
    Also welcome back to the cellar Royals, hope you enjoyed your April glory.
    End of rant...



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 59,973, Level: 75
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,294
    Points
    59,973
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    we aren't in the cellar anymore buddy. Check the standings. And the twins with there crappy pitching will finish behind the Royals, White Sox and Tigers. Have fun being the "happy losers" of the North. Dirt bag



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 12,909, Level: 34
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    liljones13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    333
    Points
    12,909
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 8

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    How are we the happy losers of the north? We've got the hardware of winners, wish I could say the same about the Royals... Until you have a real legitimate argument keep your Twins bashing to a min.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 17,740, Level: 40
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Points
    17,740
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    we aren't in the cellar anymore buddy. Check the standings. And the twins with there crappy pitching will finish behind the Royals, White Sox and Tigers. Have fun being the "happy losers" of the North. Dirt bag
    Lousy pitching? The Twins have one of the best young starting staffs in the game. Now it's true they struggled out of the gate, but for the most part, that's been Baker and Liriano, supposedly the two best Twins pitchers. Even they are showing signs of coming out of it.

    Liriano had one of his better starts his last outing and Baker is a puzzlement. He looks nearly unhittable for six or seven innings, then gives up a 5-spot or more, usually on long balls. He must have taken three or four games this year into at least the fifth inning before anyone got a hit off of him. Even he's started to cut down on the big innings, however. The Twins pitching will be just fine, thank you.

    Now relief pitching is another matter, but even that has started to stabilize a little bit. At least it's better now than it was at the beginning of the year and most of last year.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 59,973, Level: 75
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,294
    Points
    59,973
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    Lousy pitching? The Twins have one of the best young starting staffs in the game. Now it's true they struggled out of the gate, but for the most part, that's been Baker and Liriano, supposedly the two best Twins pitchers. Even they are showing signs of coming out of it.

    Liriano had one of his better starts his last outing and Baker is a puzzlement. He looks nearly unhittable for six or seven innings, then gives up a 5-spot or more, usually on long balls. He must have taken three or four games this year into at least the fifth inning before anyone got a hit off of him. Even he's started to cut down on the big innings, however. The Twins pitching will be just fine, thank you.

    Now relief pitching is another matter, but even that has started to stabilize a little bit. At least it's better now than it was at the beginning of the year and most of last year.
    You guys are going to end up sucking. It's OK, you were good for awhile in the AL Central. That is like being the best dodgeballer in the speacil olympics.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 17,740, Level: 40
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,314
    Points
    17,740
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    You guys are going to end up sucking. It's OK, you were good for awhile in the AL Central. That is like being the best dodgeballer in the speacil olympics.
    Riiiight. Two years ago, the AL Central was the best league in baseball and the Twins have gone through the NL Central this year like Patton through Europe. The Twins haven't sucked for a long time. You must be thinking of your grandfather's Twins.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 265,600, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,040
    Points
    265,600
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 134

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    LOL...a winner? Based off what, the fact that you have beat a slumping team 2 games in a row?

    Twins road record is 5th worst in the majors and they are right at .500. **** the Twinkies


    Last edited by chuckd4735; 06-14-2009 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 86,509, Level: 91
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 941
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,092
    Points
    86,509
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by liljones13 View Post
    I live in CF and all you ever hear about on campus and on the tube is how great the CUBS are... Now I think its time that FSN North came to this town and we either got rid of comcast or wgn or whatever......

    Now, on the bright side, once again the Twins are steam rollin through interleague play and Joe Mauer is making a strong statement for MVP this year. The bats are starting to heat up and we are making a push for the division right now. Only if we could trade DY for either prospects or a veteran that would put the Twins in title contention now that the pitching is gettin more consistant..

    F the Cubs, Sox (Red & White)
    Also welcome back to the cellar Royals, hope you enjoyed your April glory.
    End of rant...
    The defintion of envy...



  9. #9
    Walk On ZCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    204
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobber View Post
    The defintion of envy...
    Of what? The Cub's different excuses...sorry, "curses"....for every major flop in the playoffs? Besides the individual who brought up the topic, most Twins fans don't go out of their way to boast their team up or go out of their way to whine about their crappy luck. It's great the Cubs can perform with the players they have in the regular season and have the money to go out and make attempts to sign free agents (although that's a crap shoot...look at Bradley), but I'm not envious of having the stigma of being a Cub's fan hanging around every time I bring up my favorite team.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 86,509, Level: 91
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 941
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hudson, Iowa
    Posts
    8,092
    Points
    86,509
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 44

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by ZCyclone View Post
    Of what? The Cub's different excuses...sorry, "curses"....for every major flop in the playoffs? Besides the individual who brought up the topic, most Twins fans don't go out of their way to boast their team up or go out of their way to whine about their crappy luck. It's great the Cubs can perform with the players they have in the regular season and have the money to go out and make attempts to sign free agents (although that's a crap shoot...look at Bradley), but I'm not envious of having the stigma of being a Cub's fan hanging around every time I bring up my favorite team.
    No you're just envious that they have that many fans in spite of all that....



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 28,099, Level: 51
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonick182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Muscatine, IA
    Posts
    2,196
    Points
    28,099
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    This has to be the stupidest thread CF has seen for awhile.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 431,741, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,789
    Points
    431,741
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 15

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Hahahahahahaha a Twins fan trying to claim any kind of excellence. No team in the central really has any room to claim excellence in that division. Minus the Royals, they've all competed recently, and the White Sox I believe won the World Series most recently.

    Are the Yankees better than the Red Sox because they have more hardware? Right now, nope.

    The Twins are not in title contention. They'd be the 4th best team in the East, not leading their division, and they aren't even .500.


    Last edited by IcSyU; 06-14-2009 at 05:55 PM.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    When did the twins get so many fans? It's like they have came out for 3 games this year. Good to know they go back into their holes tomorrow.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,572, Level: 83
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,578
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,514
    Points
    71,572
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 93

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    I had no reason to hate the Twins until now. Thank you. Most Cubs fans are obnoxious, but you'll have that with any team with a large following... Yankees, Patriots, Lakers... obnoxious fans. I had always enjoyed talking to Twins fans because they are in the AL Central and rarely play the Cubs.

    PS - You just sounded like a tool.


    Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

    -acgclone

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 38,028, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,022
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    acrozier22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In van down by the river!
    Posts
    2,595
    Points
    38,028
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Feels good to be a winner... Go Twins

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
    I had no reason to hate the Twins until now. Thank you. Most Cubs fans are obnoxious, but you'll have that with any team with a large following... Yankees, Patriots, Lakers... obnoxious fans. I had always enjoyed talking to Twins fans because they are in the AL Central and rarely play the Cubs.

    PS - You just sounded like a tool.
    Most twins fans are pretty cool. This one was probably that d-bag where the baseball uni in the bleachers on friday afternoon.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM