Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 394,233, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,777
    Points
    394,233
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 406
    Given: 294

    Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Problems of old Chrysler linger at 'new' Chrysler - Yahoo! News

    Chrysler has few new vehicles headed to its drastically reduced network of dealers. Its aging model lineup is still heavy with bigger vehicles, and its offerings in the growing small and midsize markets haven't caught on.
    Meanwhile, small cars designed by new Italian parent Fiat Group SpA won't make it to U.S. shores until late next year and there are no guarantees they will entice great numbers of American drivers.

    Go out and buy one to help them out.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 204,295, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,385
    Points
    204,295
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 324

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Problems of old Chrysler linger at 'new' Chrysler - Yahoo! News

    Chrysler has few new vehicles headed to its drastically reduced network of dealers. Its aging model lineup is still heavy with bigger vehicles, and its offerings in the growing small and midsize markets haven't caught on.
    Meanwhile, small cars designed by new Italian parent Fiat Group SpA won't make it to U.S. shores until late next year and there are no guarantees they will entice great numbers of American drivers.

    Go out and buy one to help them out.
    So a person should go out and buy an outdated Chrysler because they didn't plan well for the future?

    This is like telling someone to go out and buy Crocks.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 386,140, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,645
    Points
    386,140
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 461
    Given: 303

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Gag. Fiat sounds like a pretentious name. Stupid europeans...=)

    I dont personally have anything against Crysler, but Im sure as hell not going to buy one because they are failing.



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 8,314, Level: 27
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Jables22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    386
    Points
    8,314
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    So a person should go out and buy an outdated Chrysler because they didn't plan well for the future?

    This is like telling someone to go out and buy Crocks.
    If Crocks and fanny packs are good enough for Hulk Hogan, they are good enough for me.

    Signed,

    Iowa State Fair Attendees



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 31,634, Level: 54
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Apollo Beach, Florida
    Posts
    1,667
    Points
    31,634
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Problems of old Chrysler linger at 'new' Chrysler - Yahoo! News

    Chrysler has few new vehicles headed to its drastically reduced network of dealers. Its aging model lineup is still heavy with bigger vehicles, and its offerings in the growing small and midsize markets haven't caught on.
    Meanwhile, small cars designed by new Italian parent Fiat Group SpA won't make it to U.S. shores until late next year and there are no guarantees they will entice great numbers of American drivers.

    Go out and buy one to help them out.
    The over-riding fact that trumps all others is that something between 30 and 40% of the market is gone. GONE. SOMEbody is going to die as a result. That fact makes a small round hole. Fiat-Chrysler is a large square peg.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 204,295, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,385
    Points
    204,295
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 324

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    It would be a hard time to be an auto manufacture right now. U.S. consumers can't make up their mind if they want small, medium, or large cars and you have to plan for these things years in advance. You would think Chrysler would have been able to make one good small car in the last 10 years. I see Ford and GM being in a lot better position model wise but that's been the case for awhile. Chrysler had a few good years with the 300 and has always done well with the minvan. I wouldn't be surprised in 5 years if the only thing that is left from Chrysler is the Jeep line.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 728,624, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,157
    Points
    728,624
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,118
    Given: 587

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    I've donated my share to Chrysler and GM through taxes, and that's the last money of mine that they will see.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 29,565, Level: 52
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,508
    Points
    29,565
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    It would be a hard time to be an auto manufacture right now. U.S. consumers can't make up their mind if they want small, medium, or large cars and you have to plan for these things years in advance. You would think Chrysler would have been able to make one good small car in the last 10 years. I see Ford and GM being in a lot better position model wise but that's been the case for awhile. Chrysler had a few good years with the 300 and has always done well with the minvan. I wouldn't be surprised in 5 years if the only thing that is left from Chrysler is the Jeep line.
    I'd guess there is a reason they haven't produced a lot of small cars - overhead the same to produce a large vehicle or a small one - would you rather sell a 15k car or a 30k+ vehicle. Labor costs and other costs like pension, etc. to high for these companies to focus on small, inexpensive vehicles.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 204,295, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dmclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    50131
    Posts
    13,385
    Points
    204,295
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 223
    Given: 324

    Re: Chrysler Survival is still Tenuous

    Quote Originally Posted by CyPride View Post
    I'd guess there is a reason they haven't produced a lot of small cars - overhead the same to produce a large vehicle or a small one - would you rather sell a 15k car or a 30k+ vehicle. Labor costs and other costs like pension, etc. to high for these companies to focus on small, inexpensive vehicles.
    Why can't you sell both? Honda doesn't seem to have a problem making a $15K Fit along with a $60K Acura. You don't only produce cars that are the most profitable ignoring the fact that the market is going away.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM