Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 12,444, Level: 33
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    573
    Points
    12,444
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Interesting Info About Football Offers

    I was really bored so I decided to look up how many offers from BCS schools the commitment list from 06 had then I looked how much 07 had. I realize that some of the players from the 07 class were Macs and they result in some of the offers but a lot of Chizik's guys are the ones with multiple BCS school offers.

    Year--------------------06----------07
    Commitments------------30----------19(including Bell)
    Offers-------------------35----------29
    Offers Per player---------1.1---------1.6

    So even though Chizik is just trying to salvage a recruiting class so late if you go by BCS offers the talent level is up from last year. Even though the offers per kid isn't a whole lot different you have to realize its a new staff so late in the recruiting game. Also the 06 recruiting class is coming off chances at back to back big 12 north champs, while this 07 class is coming off of a 4 win year.



  2. #2
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,819
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    That is quite a statement there Lennon. I think it says a lot, more than you even know.


    Jeffrey A Crawford

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 36,419, Level: 58
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    clonomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,989
    Points
    36,419
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Wow Lennon, why didn't I think of that. Please keep your spreadsheet updated with future numbers. I think your stats are very telling of what Chizik brings to the table.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 19,308, Level: 42
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    crash_zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tiffin, IA
    Posts
    1,626
    Points
    19,308
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    wow. well, now i feel that i need to do something while I'm bored at work too....(btw, that is cool lennon)



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 14,017, Level: 35
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    letsgostate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    444
    Points
    14,017
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Mac left a difficult situation for Chiz. He filled up the roster with recruits who many of which probably won't play. Plus two (countem) two place kickers and one punter. All look very average. So we have three place kickers on a full ride and a punter who averaged 37 yards a punt his Junior year (must have been off his senior year, they didn't say anything about that). It will take time to make room for his players with the large class Mac put in there.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 106,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,419
    Points
    106,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 128

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    That is great info. Anyone have any idea what a real good class looks like in terms of offers per player? 5? 6? more?
    I would think if we were getting guys that averaged over 4 BCS offers that would be excellent. Who knows, maybe even the big dogs don't average that.


    Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 51,178, Level: 70
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dbronco7sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,927
    Points
    51,178
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    nice stat I've never seen posted before... good work!



  8. #8
    Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Quote Originally Posted by lennon3 View Post
    I was really bored so I decided to look up how many offers from BCS schools the commitment list from 06 had then I looked how much 07 had. I realize that some of the players from the 07 class were Macs and they result in some of the offers but a lot of Chizik's guys are the ones with multiple BCS school offers.

    Year--------------------06----------07
    Commitments------------30----------19(including Bell)
    Offers-------------------35----------29
    Offers Per player---------1.1---------1.6

    So even though Chizik is just trying to salvage a recruiting class so late if you go by BCS offers the talent level is up from last year. Even though the offers per kid isn't a whole lot different you have to realize its a new staff so late in the recruiting game. Also the 06 recruiting class is coming off chances at back to back big 12 north champs, while this 07 class is coming off of a 4 win year.

    For comparison purposes I went thru the committment list as of today for the 2007 class using scout as my source as rivals lists all schools of interest regardless if they have made an offer. I came up with the following for Nebraska

    29 commitments
    123 offers

    4.0 offers per commitment



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 17,339, Level: 40
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,165
    Points
    17,339
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Our current ranking on Rivals with 19 recruits to date is 64th in the nation and 11th in the conference (ahead of Baylor).
    Our final rank last year by Rivals was 63rd in the nation and 11th in the conference.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 118,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonenum1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,181
    Points
    118,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    This clearly shows that Chizik is going after higher caliber players...what a novel concept! I hope you keep tracking this next year when Chizik has had a full year to recruit his guys...I bet those numbers will be startling in contrast to what has been happening with ISU recruiting.



    I cheer for two teams, Iowa State and whoever is playing the hawkeyes.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 391,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,082
    Points
    391,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 311
    Given: 257

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Someone should take the 40s times listed on last year's recruits (lineman and sppedsters) and compare them to this year's recruits and their 40s. I believe it is 0.1 second faster.

    4 offers per recruit is a sign they are in demand. I believe this is typoical BCS schools that want to win. More offers than that probably means wasted effort on part of the fifth school.
    2 offers usually means is they are not in demand and you are hoping for a diamond in the rough.

    We have a ways to go and next year recruiting (# of offers per recruit) will be interesting if we win 6 this year.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  12. #12
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,819
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCy View Post
    Our current ranking on Rivals with 19 recruits to date is 64th in the nation and 11th in the conference (ahead of Baylor).
    Our final rank last year by Rivals was 63rd in the nation and 11th in the conference.
    So, what you are saying is that in two months Gene Chizik has already equalled what the previous coach did in twelve years.

    Imagine how good it will be when Gene has a chance to build all of the relationships that coaches do, and gets a national reputation.


    Jeffrey A Crawford

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 143,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,383
    Points
    143,276
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Interesting Info About Football Offers

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgostate View Post
    Mac left a difficult situation for Chiz. He filled up the roster with recruits who many of which probably won't play. Plus two (countem) two place kickers and one punter. All look very average. So we have three place kickers on a full ride and a punter who averaged 37 yards a punt his Junior year (must have been off his senior year, they didn't say anything about that). It will take time to make room for his players with the large class Mac put in there.

    You mean Mahoski, Culbertson and Brandtner?

    Mahoski was offered a scholarship because we didn't know our kicking situation at the time. With the round robin between Jansen, Krava and finally Culbertson, Mac probably figured we needed a kicker, especially with Yelk slated to leave. Culbertson was then put on scholarship because he did the job. As far as Brandtner, I think he did alright for a freshman punter. He's certainly got the leg for the job.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM