Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 61

Cedar Rapids area Cable/ISP/Phone

So, my year of decent pricing is up with Mediacon and my bill went from 70 a month to 160. Obviously, I am shopping around right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I currently have vonage for phone and really like it, so if anyone had a good suggestion for an ISP standalone I would be really interested in that. What I would really like to do is have Vonage phone, Dish Network for cable, and then some sort of internet. Unfortunately the best deal I can find for internet alone is $44. Should I just go with a quest bundle? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Last edited by snowcraig2.0; 06-03-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 6

Re: Cedar Rapids area Cable/ISP/Phone

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    So, my year of decent pricing is up with Mediacon and my bill went from 70 a month to 160. Obviously, I am shopping around right now. Anyone have any suggestions? I currently have vonage for phone and really like it, so if anyone had a good suggestion for an ISP standalone I would be really interested in that. What I would really like to do is have Vonage phone, Dish Network for cable, and then some sort of internet. Unfortunately the best deal I can find for internet alone is $44. Should I just go with a quest bundle? Any suggestions would be welcome.
    After the promo period is up for whatever you switch to you will be in the same boat, unless you plan on switching every year or 2. Your only other option is really mcleod besides qwest for high speed internet. But their cable internet is lower quality than mediacom.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post

I have a Qwest landline and wireless for about $70/mo. Mind you, we have no features. No caller ID. No voice mail. No call waiting. Just a phone and a wireless modem.

And Qwest does NOT carry 360.

Rookie
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Tell them you are going to leave and you will get another year of the same pricing

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,546
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 8

We ditched our landline and went solely to cells (which is what both our parents usually called first anyway). We have basic cable and high speed internet through MediaCom that runs just under $115/month. I agree with dukeebear, you could probably finagle a deal if you make enough noise about canceling service.