Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

A chance to support a young man who needs some help

As everyone knows there are a thousand worthy causes, and everyone has its merits so it is hard to choose.

However, every now and then one grabs you. The one below was a request on the Aggie board that has generated a large response of support (including myself).

If ok with the mods, I would like post it here and encourage anyone who is so moved to make a donation at whatever level. If you feel moved to do so great, if not my apologies.

Mods if this needs to be deleted, fine. and I understand I just thought this might be a nice way to show what Cyclones are made of.

However, I would love nothing more than to be able to post on the Aggie board that there are Cyclones helping out this effort.

If you do make ad donation and do not mind letting me know, please post in this thread, or send me a pm.

This individual does not know I am posting this here.

The link for the donation is: Our Kids - The Dallas Hextell Foundation - Restoring Hope One Cell at a Time

Thank you.

CyAggie
    Again, mods if this was not what can be posted, just delete.

-------------------------------
    Prayer and Assistance Request: My son Jack Charles Reply
    About two and a half years ago, my wife gave birth to our third child. Jack Charles had a tough start, he was in NICU for over a week, quit breathing three times, etc. I posted his story and asked for prayers, etc. Jack pulled through that situation.

Well, Little Jack has since been diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, which is the result of brain damage that occurred during the birth. Cerebral Palsy is incurable, and impacts not only physical capabilities, but mental, speach, etc.

We have an amazing opportunity... We have recently been accepted into a study at DUKE UNIVERSITY MED CENTER. There, in a a month, Jack will receive what could be a life changing transfusion.

His mother and I made the decision to save his cord blood prior to his birth, little did we know we would be using it so soon. Other children who have gone through this process have been completely healed, or their situation has greatly improved. This is the cutting edge of Stem Cell Therapy which uses his own stem cells. Jack will be 1 of about 100 children that have been accepted into this study. That is the good news. The bad news is that it is very expensive and of course, insurance does not cover any of the procedure.

A child by the name of Dallas Hextell from Cali has undergone this same treatment. He has been featured on the Today Show, in Popular Science, etc. His family has set up a foundation to promote saving cord blood, but also helping families with the financing of this procedure. They asked us if they could help raise funds for Jack.

While it is very hard for me to ask for help, I feel it is necessary at this time in our lives to reach out to our Aggie network to ask for help. A dollar here and a dollar there could help give our little guy a chance at a normal life.

If you are interested in assisting in sending this little Aggie to Duke, click the link below. If times are to tough, we appreciate your thoughts and prayers that God's will be done.

Thanks and Gig'em - Chip A,

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: A chance to support a young man who needs some help

For the morning crowd.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Thanks for the link, CyAggie.

My 4 year old son was born 10 weeks premature at 2.5 lbs and was in the NICU for 6 weeks. Although there were a few hiccups along the way and we are now discovering that he has some hearing loss due to antibiotics he was given to save his life in the hospital, by all other accounts we are blessed to have a normal healthy son.

We were simply amazed by the outpouring of kindness and generosity of complete strangers when we went through our ordeal, so I am passing a little on to Jack. Every little bit helps.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks, I have been in contact with his father and they have been overwhelmed by the generousiyt being shown.