Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 0

Jiri

I've been dumping on the MBB team pretty hard lately, and I thought I'd throw a compliment out there - Jiri, dispite having a rough game on Saturday (he just wasn't cut out for the physical play) has been doing very well in the Big 12. In the six Big 12 games, Jiri is averaging 12 points and 9 rebounds. If you would have told me at any point Jiri would be averaging 12 and 9 I would have thought it impossible. He's really playing hard and is taking his game to a different level and for that, good job Jiri.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Jiri

Bryce,

This has been discussed a bunch. Rather than point out the numbers and the numbers may be pretty good, the most important thing is the change in attitude. This team needed a post player. Any post player! Jiri was the obvious candidate but did not seem to fit the mold. But fit it he did thanks to Mac and some good coaching ... can you say mentoring? Jiri has done a solid job since xmas and as you pointed out that includes not have such a good game the last outing. Concrats to Jiri for recognizing the obvious and listening to the coaching staff. Boy, if that had not happened the last several games (B12 games in general) could have been ugly. I caught most of the 1st half of the KU-NU game tonight and that was ugly. Really, really, really, really ugly. Switched just before half but the way it was going KU would have won by 50 or maybe 100. NU was really struggling. That could have been us had not Jiri bought in. Thanks for your comments as they are spot on and you are right, the transformation in Jiri has been really fun to watch and just what the team needs.

Addict
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I was as critical as anyone on Jiri early in the season and thought his future looked bleak after the Ohio State game. He did exactly what I thought he would never do and bought into Mac's system and started playing closer to the basket. It's paid off and it really helps to have a guy the other team has to pay attention to in the paint instead of pressing our perimeter players all the time. His effort has been MUCH better than it was early in the season and I think he seems to enjoy the new role and challenges it has presented him.

I still love it when he takes a look at that 3 point shot and everyone in Hilton goes "NOOOOOO!!!!" before he fakes then wisely passes the ball.

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 151
    Given: 65

My guess is that he now believes Mac knows what he is talking about.