Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 22

Brittany Wilkins

somthing alot of people dont talk alot about...

http://www.wnba.com/monarchs/news/Br...og_011807.html

looks like in the games she has played in she has done well.. in one of the games she had 25pts

heres the link for pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53073835@N00

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Smile Re: Brittany Wilkins

Great find!! Here's to your rep. I don't know if Brittany was stronger or leaner, but, she was definitely better in her last year in Ames. I'd attribute the largest measure of the improvement to playing time, accepting responsibility, but mostly an attitude of urgency on every play and just-won't-quit.

Another Cyclone is enjoying her post graduate work. Dem posted a couple of stories on Hoopscoop about Gahan, who is playing in Australia. I hope she can find another Allison Lacey for us.

http://www.adelaidelightning.com/lig...media/news/97/

http://www.adelaidelightning.com/lig...s/Tracy_Gahan/

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 43

Re: Brittany Wilkins

The best advice I've ever had was: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." -My coach at Iowa State, Bill Fennelly "

Solid..

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

She's sporting some ISU sweats in one of those pics.

My aunt heads up the chaplains for the WNBA and got to meet Brittany this past year and wound up emailing our family the next day about how she met this nice girl that played at ISU. Said she really has her head on straight, is a hard worker, and had some really nice conversations in their meeting. It's pretty interesting some of the players she gets to meet doing this as it's not her full-time job. She's met Stacy Freese before and Angie Welle when she was trying out for the Cleveland team (no longer in the league but where my aunt lives and go involved with the WNBA as she used to be a women's college basketball coach at some small schools) and we always hear good things about our ISU ladies that she's met.

The most interesting stories though are of the Detriot team. I guess Bill Lambier is not a fun coach to play for and is pretty hard on his players. I guess the player's motto on that team is we don't play to win for Bill, we win to spite him or something like that.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,839
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

Update on Brittany, apparantly my aunt who does some work for the WNBA emails back and forth with Brittany quite a bit. Says she likes to write a book when she emails too but always enjoyable emails. Sounds like she'll be back in the states here soon for the Sacramento training camp hoping to make the team. My aunt was not sure of her chances since Sacramento already has some good depth in the post and she didn't play much when she was on the team but she works hard and is very likable so you never know. Think she also mentioned she had to have her knee scoped again not long ago to remove some scar tissue.

If I hear any interesting I'll pass it along. My aunt used to work with the Cleveland team until they folded so now she's just heading up the chaplains for the WNBA so she gets to meet a lot of different players around the league throughout the season. She's always letting us know when she runs into a former Iowa State player and her conversations with them. I think in the past she's met Stacy Frese, maybe Desiree Francis, and Angie Welle was drafted by the Cleveland team so she saw her quite a bit when she was trying out for the team.