Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    He gave a nice interview to Sean Keeler. He spoke well of President Goeffery and Jamie Pollard.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll...383/1003/SPORTS

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 116
    Sounds to me like BVD is trying to take some credit for thinking of a few things as opposed to Jamie getting off his seat and actually doing something. And ISU not being able to fill the upper deck of Hilton for nationally televised games? Amazing that EIU has their best season in a long time and is ranked 25th in attendance and we have one of the worst in a long time and we are 26th. I think that warrants a little better coverage than that........

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 338
    Given: 239
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyclonesrule91 &#064; 06&#045;23&#045;06 8&#58;11 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Sounds to me like BVD is trying to take some credit for thinking of a few things as opposed to Jamie getting off his seat and actually doing something.[/b][/quote]

I agree. I like BVD less and less. Please, someone remove him from the state. It&#39;s just getting annoying - he&#39;s going to continue taking credit for this. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img]

2 things...

1. BVD - Don&#39;t go away mad. Just go away.

2. I had wondered this before and now feel a big stronger about it, with the perceived bitterness from BVD. Has anyone else wondered if BVD was "forced" out or saw some writing on the wall? Or just realized he couldn&#39;t handle the ISU job and gave up?

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I was really suprised at this article...BVD projected "defeatism" throughout the story. "I have doubts.....ISU cannot sell tickets....blah, blah".

he really came across as a wanker.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    BVD is a complete tool. What ISU needed was a guy with some cajones to come in and do what Pollard is doing. If all these renovations are done, how can it do anything but help our athletic dept?

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zdorr40 &#064; 06&#045;23&#045;06 9&#58;12 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> BVD is a complete tool. What ISU needed was a guy with some cajones to come in and do what Pollard is doing. If all these renovations are done, how can it do anything but help our athletic dept? [/b][/quote]

All of you are dead-on. I put this in another post this morning so sorry for the repetition.

I am struck by the quote from BVD "It&#39;s not like we were sitting on our hands up there". JP has done more in 9 months than BVD did in 5 years. BVD said that the facilities plans were "something we were talking about". Isn&#39;t that the point? JP takes action, BVD talked.

As for Keeler, is it too much to ask for him to check his facts? He writes that ISU can&#39;t fill the upper bowl for Big 12 Men&#39;s BB games. Didn&#39;t ISU finish 26th IN THE NATION in attendance IN SPITE of a 16-14 season? Wasn&#39;t that just one spot behind his beloved Hawkeyes who had their best season in recent memory?

URBCLONE

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I dislike Keeler. Iowa State routinely struggles to fill their upper deck in basketball. That is not routine whatsoever. I know we didnt last year but routinely? Come on in the past we have sold out seats in Hilton routinely.

Hilton-Bring on the Magic

Addict
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    What an absolutely BS article&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

First off, why interview Van De Velde? Who the hell cares about BVDV. The only reason someone would do this is to take shots at ISU, which Keeler loves to do. Secondly, the article makes BVDV sound like he would have done all this if he wasn&#39;t fired. BS BS BS BS BS. Thats a BS for every year he had an opporunity to do it himself and didn&#39;t. Of course Keelor also brings up WM because he knows that the cyclone nation still will get stirred up even at the mention of WM. This article was not good for ISU. So why write it unless you want ISU to look bad. Why not do the same article but interview the current AD, JP, and get info that matters? Instead, we get an article where two fired former ISU employees are mentioned. Seems really stupid.

Yet again another crap article by the worst sports opinion writer in the US.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 773
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2
    Obviously Van De Velde doesn&#39;t realize how disliked he is in Iowa, wanting to stay in the Des Moines Area.

I don&#39;t want to get on a rant here about baseball, but I know that if Pollard came to ISU instead of when Van De Velde did, Pollard would not have been so quick just to cut programs. To me, that was the easy way out. Van De Velde was hired as a fundraiser&#33; Fundraisers find ways, they don&#39;t just cut programs&#33;&#33; I&#39;m not surprised that he&#39;s looking for jobs outside athletics...who would want him?

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Don&#39;t sweat over Keeler too much comrades....don&#39;t forget he was implicated in a plagerism charge (and suspended for)not too long ago over his column&#39;s similarities to a SI article.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    My favorite BVD moment was a couple years ago at an ISU football game and I saw BVD coming toward our tailgate. I ran over and grabbed a Nattie Light and came back, shook his hand and offered him a Nattie Light to celebrate Larry. He put his head down immediately and started to walk. There was a huge crowd in line for the bathroom and someone asked who that was. I said really loud that it was the A-hole that fired Larry. So the whole group starts chanting "Larry, Larry..." It was awesome&#33;

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Addict
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CY ST8T &#064; 06&#045;23&#045;06 11&#58;15 am) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> My favorite BVD moment was a couple years ago at an ISU football game and I saw BVD coming toward our tailgate. I ran over and grabbed a Nattie Light and came back, shook his hand and offered him a Nattie Light to celebrate Larry. He put his head down immediately and started to walk. There was a huge crowd in line for the bathroom and someone asked who that was. I said really loud that it was the A-hole that fired Larry. So the whole group starts chanting "Larry, Larry..." It was awesome&#33; [/b][/quote]

Not to start a LE arguement, but...

Larry got himself fired. BVDV just handled the situation very poorly.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)