Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Baylor pulls recruit away from the Texas Longhorns

Quote Originally Posted by Osoprimo View Post
    We are getting serious interest from Lache Seastrunk too. If you don't know who he is look him up. He's ranked something like in the top 5 in the nation. Art Briles has it going in Waco BABY!!!
    1% chance of Seastrunk going to Baylor

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 44

On a somewhat related note I took a crap today.

Now that MBB is back, do we still have to pretend that WBB matters?

-acgclone

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Hard to say how long we can keep Briles, but if he leaves we will just hire Mike Singletary instead. Baylor's d u m b a s s athletic director, Ian McCaw and his flunky side kick, Todd Patulski won't be able to tell Singletary that he doesn't have enough experience this time. On the other hand I expect Singletary to win the Super Bowl pretty quickly so he may just decide to stay in the NFL. As long as Mack Brown stays at UT I think our only threat is A&M and I believe Baylor would step and match whatever they might offer. Besides, for 20 years under Grant Teaff Texas never beat us in Waco so it's not too hard for Baylor to beat Texas, as long as we have the right coach, and I think we do. Plus you have to remember Baylor gave Texas the worst beating of ANY school in Austin in 1989. We crushed them 50-7. That was a year or two after we played you guys in Ames and crushed you then something like 35-14 as I recall. Hate to say this but you guys don't really stand a chance against us this Fall. I believe we will beat you very badly in Ames. We just have too many weapons.

Last edited by Osoprimo; 05-25-2009 at 11:06 PM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

I think someone has been drinking wayyyyy to much Bayloraide

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

I think in another couple years we will be able to beat Texas. I am quite sure we will beat you guys this Fall. I will be at the game in Ames.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcy View Post
    I think someone has been drinking wayyyyy to much Bayloraide

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 18

I think in another couple years we will be able to beat Texas. I am quite sure we will beat you guys this Fall. I will be at the game in Ames.
    My point proven.

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 64

Hard to say how long we can keep Briles, but if he leaves we will just hire Mike Singletary instead. Baylor's d u m b a s s athletic director, Ian McCaw and his flunky side kick, Todd Patulski won't be able to tell Singletary that he doesn't have enough experience this time. On the other hand I expect Singletary to win the Super Bowl pretty quickly so he may just decide to stay in the NFL. As long as Mack Brown stays at UT I think our only threat is A&M and I believe Baylor would step and match whatever they might offer. Besides, for 20 years under Grant Teaff Texas never beat us in Waco so it's not too hard for Baylor to beat Texas, as long as we have the right coach, and I think we do. Plus you have to remember Baylor gave Texas the worst beating of ANY school in Austin in 1989. We crushed them 50-7. That was a year or two after we played you guys in Ames and crushed you then something like 35-14 as I recall. Hate to say this but you guys don't really stand a chance against us this Fall. I believe we will beat you very badly in Ames. We just have too many weapons.
    put down the bottle. The game will be a lot closer then you think. I for one think Baylor will win, but its going to be an important game for both teams, who knows, iowa state could win.

On another note. I have a belly button.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 64

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

Sounds like you guys will be well on your way to a National Championship...fitting considering you haven't been to a bowl game in about 100 years

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Love how you use history from 20 years ago in your argument to predict that your mediocre team will beat us soundly (IN Ames) this fall. Not saying whether or not you will, but including this randomness in your logic is terrible.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

haha at least your post was mildly entertaining... even if it wasn't very smart

Commitment To Excellence

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 107

If you guys even come CLOSE to losing to us, then you are no where near where you think your team is. If you are bowl worthy, you should be able to come up to Ames and lay the wood to ISU.

Thumbs Up

The green kool-aid Osoprimo is drinking is thicker than gravy. I know he's being optimistic, but creating a post about a new Baylor commitment on another schools message board screams desperation...unless Oso at sometime attended Iowa State I guess.

We'll keep Briles as long as Robert Griffin is here. Unlike some coaches out there, Briles has loyalty to him and his other players. I also don't think Briles would leave the state of Texas, b/c of his recruiting ties....Maybe he'd go to Louisiana or Oklahoma. It would also have to be a BCS conference team to make the move.

Thumbs Up

Ummmm...... I'm pretty sure Singletary is COMPLETELY out of the question. No one is leaving an NFL head coaching job for a college team, unless that coach is struggling in the NFL. Even then, they would only leave for teams like USC, Bama, Florida or Texas. I don't care if he's an alumnus.

As for Briles leaving for A&M...you are correct. Baylor would NEVER let that happen...we'd start selling off assets to match any salary offered from them.

Last edited by Bear1979; 05-26-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Pro
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Bear1979 View Post
    Ummmm...... I'm pretty sure Singletary is COMPLETELY out of the question. No one is leaving an NFL head coaching job for a college team, unless that coach is struggling in the NFL. Even then, they would only leave for teams like USC, Bama, Florida or Texas. I don't care if he's an alumnus.
    Exactly. I almost spit soda on my laptop at the suggestion of Singeltary leaving the Niners for Baylor.