Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,931, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,971
    Points
    607,931
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,802
    Given: 170

    Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Free speech sometimes comes with a price - JSOnline

    interesting. i'd like to know the whole story


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 30,396, Level: 53
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    price26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,026
    Points
    30,396
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    One of the reasons I stay away from anything recruiting based.

    Nothing is guaranteed until they get here, and when they decide to become part of your program, you should feel proud that they want to be part of your university.



  3. #3
    Just Win Baby
    Points: 299,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Clones85''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,339
    Points
    299,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    I'm sure there were only a couple Badger fans that were negative towards this kid. The kid is the #26 ranked recruit in the country. They may have questioned his academics but thats about it

    Grow up kid. Don't hold a press conference and cry about message boards.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 223,143, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,022
    Points
    223,143
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 389

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    It says he is 16. And the comments questioned his intellect and work ability. I can see why a younger kid would feel un-welcome after reading something like that.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 83,148, Level: 89
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,902
    Points
    83,148
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 238

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Wisc has a fine program, but not a lot of players will want to play in that kind of system. They are a small step up from Todd Lickliter tempo. Maybe he realized its more of a system that might confine his play.


    #BEATIOWA

  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 35,509, Level: 58
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,141
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ic
    Posts
    1,857
    Points
    35,509
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Its ok, because at our program if they can't handle our criticism we didn't want them anyway cause they are "weak-minded".


    Refering back to the Money Reynolds threads. Any adult who publicly criticizes a high schooler for any reason is a piece of ****.


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 143,882, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,388
    Points
    143,882
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Wisc has a fine program, but not a lot of players will want to play in that kind of system. They are a small step up from Todd Lickliter tempo. Maybe he realized its more of a system that might confine his play.

    They're also pretty damn successful.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 110,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,836
    Points
    110,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 262

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    I'm sure there were only a couple Badger fans that were negative towards this kid. The kid is the #26 ranked recruit in the country. They may have questioned his academics but thats about it

    Grow up kid. Don't hold a press conference and cry about message boards.
    16. He is 16! How many 16 year olds do you know who can take criticism like that from people they don't even know? He's a kid!



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 32,843, Level: 55
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    06Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,745
    Points
    32,843
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    I'm just surprised that many people have computers in Wisconsin.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 110,522, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,836
    Points
    110,522
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 136
    Given: 262

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by 06Panther View Post
    I'm just surprised that many people have computers in Wisconsin.
    haha. your surprise is somewhat justified. Once you get north of madison and milwaukee its gets pretty dicey...



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 59,498, Level: 75
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,743
    Points
    59,498
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 28

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    I'm sure there were only a couple Badger fans that were negative towards this kid. The kid is the #26 ranked recruit in the country. They may have questioned his academics but thats about it

    Grow up kid. Don't hold a press conference and cry about message boards.

    Grow up? He's 16.


    I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 170,152, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,872
    Points
    170,152
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,049

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by CrossCyed View Post
    They're also pretty damn successful.
    No kidding! Wisconsin's blueprint for success has always been the one that I've said we should emulate.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,618, Level: 78
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,961
    Points
    64,618
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 144

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    Its ok, because at our program if they can't handle our criticism we didn't want them anyway cause they are "weak-minded".


    Refering back to the Money Reynolds threads. Any adult who publicly criticizes a high schooler for any reason is a piece of ****.
    Totally agree and to make matters worse are the pieces of **** that are totally anonymous making statements without worry of being outted.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 13,814, Level: 35
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    SpRiNgLiMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    517
    Points
    13,814
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    I think it is foolish to believe 16-18 year old kids are impervious to what people say about them. It doesn't matter how much you say "they shouldn't let those on a message get to them." I think it's worse for adults (I know not all on message boards are) to hold high school kids to that standard so they can criticize them and not feel bad about it.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 41,550, Level: 62
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tec71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,223
    Points
    41,550
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 7

    Re: Wisconsin Recruit decommits because of message boards?

    Quote Originally Posted by madcityCY View Post
    haha. your surprise is somewhat justified. Once you get north of madison and milwaukee its gets pretty dicey...
    Isn't that just Canada?


    "95% of all quotes posted on Facebook are either made up or mistakenly attributed to someone famous." - Albert Einstien


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM