Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,905, Level: 77
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,345
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Goothrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    3,638
    Points
    61,905
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 57

    DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    From the austin american statesman:



    Official capacity could increase by a few hundred from last year with the construction of a semi permanent structure in the south endzone. Could see gameday attendance surpass 100k; don't know for sure.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,561, Level: 97
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    98,561
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 64

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post
    From the austin american statesman:



    Official capacity could increase by a few hundred from last year with the construction of a semi permanent structure in the south endzone. Could see gameday attendance surpass 100k; don't know for sure.
    The plan is to eventually build a South Endzone replicating the north. Capacity will excede 120,000 making DKR the largest stadium in college by 12,500. The fact that DKR will be twice as big as Jack Trice boggles my mind. Put Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, and USC into the ultimate 'power' conference.

    Here is the sketch:



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 85,125, Level: 90
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,281
    Points
    85,125
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 51

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    amazing

    apparently they can afford even that



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 178,153, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,141
    Points
    178,153
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 9

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Gotta throw Tenneessee in there if your talking about football stadiums as far as seating capacity



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 26,984, Level: 50
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,799
    Points
    26,984
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 276

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    I think Happy Valley is in that category also.


    Go Cyclones!!

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 120,990, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,831
    Points
    120,990
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 399
    Given: 512

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by Haverhill View Post
    The plan is to eventually build a South Endzone replicating the north. Capacity will excede 120,000 making DKR the largest stadium in college by 12,500. The fact that DKR will be twice as big as Jack Trice boggles my mind. Put Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, and USC into the ultimate 'power' conference.

    Here is the sketch:

    We should buy their jumbo tron at a cheap rate when they do that.


    "I hope to coach here until I retire," Hoiberg said.
    @AtownCY

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 428,649, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,468
    Points
    428,649
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,357
    Given: 709

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    We cant afford the cost per game just to run the damn thing. Seriously.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,561, Level: 97
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    98,561
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 64

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by A-town Cy View Post
    We should buy their jumbo tron at a cheap rate when they do that.
    It'll still cost $50,000/game to operate though...



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 120,990, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,831
    Points
    120,990
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 399
    Given: 512

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    You're right, we wouldn't have anywhere to put it anyways with our own south endzone of the future.


    "I hope to coach here until I retire," Hoiberg said.
    @AtownCY

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,561, Level: 97
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    98,561
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 64

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by A-town Cy View Post
    You're right, we wouldn't have anywhere to put it anyways with our own south endzone of the future.
    on top of the Jacobson building



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 35,724, Level: 58
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    ic
    Posts
    1,860
    Points
    35,724
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    I've seen people write that it costs $50,000 to operate per game. I haven't been able to find any links proving this. I am sort of skeptical it is that much... If it is I have no idea how the KC Royals can afford that thing they have in the outfield..

    I certainly could believe it, but does anyone know of any articles that prove operating costs/energy usage?


    Kinnick smells like syrup.

  12. #12
    Burgermeister!
    Points: 369,849, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TykeClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    23,521
    Points
    369,849
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 613
    Given: 1,106

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I've seen people write that it costs $50,000 to operate per game. I haven't been able to find any links proving this. I am sort of skeptical it is that much... If it is I have no idea how the KC Royals can afford that thing they have in the outfield..

    I certainly could believe it, but does anyone know of any articles that prove operating costs/energy usage?
    Maybe they include a per game depreciation figure in that?



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 98,561, Level: 97
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,684
    Points
    98,561
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 64

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I've seen people write that it costs $50,000 to operate per game. I haven't been able to find any links proving this. I am sort of skeptical it is that much... If it is I have no idea how the KC Royals can afford that thing they have in the outfield..

    I certainly could believe it, but does anyone know of any articles that prove operating costs/energy usage?
    Not sure, all I know is that it is massive and it's hard to understand how big it is until you see it.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 130,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,010
    Points
    130,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 1

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I've seen people write that it costs $50,000 to operate per game. I haven't been able to find any links proving this.
    "Each home football game costs about $400,000 to host, a quarter of that for security, including $3,500 per game for bomb-sniffing dogs, an expense added since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks; and $682 a game for the Texas Ranger who shadows Brown. The $50,000-per-game cost of running the football scoreboard doesn't include special programming; last year's new Running of the Horns introduction cost $23,830."

    ...buried in this story (The Longhorn economy) from 2007.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 10,607, Level: 31
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    596
    Points
    10,607
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 11

    Re: DKR Texas Memorial Stadium - FieldTurf

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    "Each home football game costs about $400,000 to host, a quarter of that for security, including $3,500 per game for bomb-sniffing dogs, an expense added since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks; and $682 a game for the Texas Ranger who shadows Brown. The $50,000-per-game cost of running the football scoreboard doesn't include special programming; last year's new Running of the Horns introduction cost $23,830."

    ...buried in this story (The Longhorn economy) from 2007.
    Wow, the numbers in that story are unreal.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM