Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Fantasy Baseball question

    Ok, here is my problem I have one of my pitchers coming off the DL, and have to drop one of them from the following group, which one do you think I should drop?

    Matt Garza - Tampa Bay
    Derek Lowe - Atlanta
    Eric Bedard- Seattle
    Kevin Millwood- Texas
    Aaron Harang- Cincinnaiti
    Carlos Zambrano- Chicago
    John Lackey - Los Angles Angels

    Lackey, is the one coming off the DL, and Zambrano will be coming off pretty soon. BTW we can only carry five starting pitchers.



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 8,704, Level: 27
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mharder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    Posts
    665
    Points
    8,704
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Either Millwood or Harang. I'm leaning towards Millwood based mostly on age. Neither pitches in a pitcher friendly park. Or you could wait to see if Bedard goes on the DL.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by mharder View Post
    Either Millwood or Harang. I'm leaning towards Millwood based mostly on age. Neither pitches in a pitcher friendly park. Or you could wait to see if Bedard goes on the DL.
    The problem is Millwood has been hot this year. I believe Lackey is due to come off the DL today, so I will not have time to see if Bedard is placed on the DL or not.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 50,584, Level: 69
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,221
    Points
    50,584
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfreddy View Post
    Ok, here is my problem I have one of my pitchers coming off the DL, and have to drop one of them from the following group, which one do you think I should drop?

    Matt Garza - Tampa Bay
    Derek Lowe - Atlanta
    Eric Bedard- Seattle
    Kevin Millwood- Texas
    Aaron Harang- Cincinnaiti
    Carlos Zambrano- Chicago
    John Lackey - Los Angles Angels

    Lackey, is the one coming off the DL, and Zambrano will be coming off pretty soon. BTW we can only carry five starting pitchers.
    I had Garza last year and he was pretty inconsistent. But I'd lean towards Harang.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 17,039, Level: 39
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    candg4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    1,031
    Points
    17,039
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 40

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    If their stats are relatively even, get rid of the guy on the team with the least realistic chances of winning. In some cases, it's better to have a mediocre pitcher on a good team than a good pitcher on a bad team. A lot depends on what stats are kept in your league.


    If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!!

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 176,954, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,137
    Points
    176,954
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    If you don't update your roster you can wait I think and just leave Lacky DL for a couple more days. If you don't want to do that then it depends on your league stats. I'd most liely get rid of Harang then Millwood but they are really almost the same in my view.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by hurdleisu24 View Post
    If you don't update your roster you can wait I think and just leave Lacky DL for a couple more days. If you don't want to do that then it depends on your league stats. I'd most liely get rid of Harang then Millwood but they are really almost the same in my view.
    Even thou Lackey is scheduled to pitch today he is still officially on the DL, so I have decided to see how he does today before I make my decision.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 89,835, Level: 93
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,400
    Points
    89,835
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 4

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Offer someone a trade. It makes the most sense. It looks like you have an abundance of starting pitching, so go find a team or two that lack pitching and see who you can get. Offer someone a 2-for-1. You can afford to do it. Also, if you're able, see if you can get Jimmy Rollins. He's on the trading block in virtually every league because of his slow start, but of all the big name guys that are struggling right now, I would say Rollins is the one most likely to turn it around.

    ...Wow, I am a fantasy dork.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 176,954, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hurdleisu24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,137
    Points
    176,954
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Yeah Keep him on the DL see if Bedard goes on DL or offer a trade I like the Rollins thought especially if it would only cost you Millwood,Garza,Bedard or Harang



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 6,911, Level: 24
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Tweedt4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    476
    Points
    6,911
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    well lacky was jst thrown outta the game after 2 pitches....so he seems like a keeper!


    GO RAMS!!!

  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    Offer someone a trade. It makes the most sense. It looks like you have an abundance of starting pitching, so go find a team or two that lack pitching and see who you can get. Offer someone a 2-for-1. You can afford to do it. Also, if you're able, see if you can get Jimmy Rollins. He's on the trading block in virtually every league because of his slow start, but of all the big name guys that are struggling right now, I would say Rollins is the one most likely to turn it around.

    ...Wow, I am a fantasy dork.
    To bad I already have Jimmy Rollins.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweedt4Cy View Post
    well lacky was jst thrown outta the game after 2 pitches....so he seems like a keeper!
    That sucks ! Now I will have to make my decision, based on other things.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 6,911, Level: 24
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Tweedt4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    476
    Points
    6,911
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfreddy View Post
    That sucks ! Now I will have to make my decision, based on other things.
    If it helps he will probably be pitching on monday. I would drop Bedard and or Harang!


    GO RAMS!!!

  14. #14
    Recruit
    Points: 5,512, Level: 21
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    103
    Points
    5,512
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    I'd drop Harang only because I never try to keep pitchers on bad teams... Cueto and Volquez are the only Reds pitchers worth keeping solely because their stuff can be dominating on any given night...but even with them it's still up in the air whether they get a win



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 17,509, Level: 40
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    931
    Points
    17,509
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Fantasy Baseball question

    Well, I dropped Harang. Now, I had better be working on a trade, because Zambrano will be coming off the DL this week.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM