Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 58,215, Level: 74
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,397
    Points
    58,215
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 14

    Lucca's back - what now?

    Ok, with Lucca and Brackins returning, Colvin and Gilstrap coming in, how will the 2009-10 season shake out?



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 251,108, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,998
    Points
    251,108
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 91

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Better than last year.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,796, Level: 78
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,938
    Points
    64,796
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 99

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    Better than last year.
    AGREE...at least it better! Otherwise...wait...don't want to ruin my weekend with that thought in my head!



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 63,844, Level: 78
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,006
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    63,844
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    I'd hate to start another "starting line-up" thread but...

    I don't see Colvin being much of a factor this coming season. If he is, it will be a pleasant surprise and an indication of great things to come. No offense to Colvin, but there aren't very many point guards who can make the transition from HS to D1 in the first year. If he can get significant minutes, I'll be impressed.

    Gilstrap, on the otherhand, has 1 year to make an impact I believe he will.

    And let's not forget Dendy, Chistopherson, and Pomlee.

    If next year isn't considerably better than last season, then I'll be extremely disappointed in players and staff. The fans, the players, and coaches all need some wins. I would also like to see us have a MAJOR upset or two. That alone would be an indication that things are on the right track.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 31,876, Level: 54
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowast8fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,098
    Points
    31,876
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 7

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I don't see Colvin being much of a factor this coming season. If he is, it will be a pleasant surprise and an indication of great things to come.
    I think it would be more of an indication that our experienced point guards aren't progressing as well as they should be.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 89,429, Level: 93
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CylentButDeadly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights, IA
    Posts
    3,399
    Points
    89,429
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Now what? Now, we dance!



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 34,647, Level: 57
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneman003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    2,927
    Points
    34,647
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    we have a chance to be really good. this year we will actually have talented depth and a lot more athleticism. Gilstrap is a starter right away, Colvin and Dendy add depth and athleticism and i think christopherson could end up as our starting 2 guard. i think we will be in the top half of the big XII. ncaa tourney?


    ALL IN

  8. #8
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,101, Level: 21
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    MJAnderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    275
    Points
    5,101
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    I'm hoping for at least 20 wins, I've got a case of beer riding on it!!!



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 63,844, Level: 78
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,006
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyinCo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Clive, IA
    Posts
    5,412
    Points
    63,844
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneman003 View Post
    we have a chance to be really good. this year we will actually have talented depth and a lot more athleticism. Gilstrap is a starter right away, Colvin and Dendy add depth and athleticism and i think christopherson could end up as our starting 2 guard. i think we will be in the top half of the big XII. ncaa tourney?
    The key word is "chance". I'll agree with that. We have a chance to be. We have the right components. Now we need that intangible piece to be there as well. That thing that you can't quite put your finger on but good teams have it and you know it when you see it. We need that to be there.

    Without being too much of a Debbie Downer, I suspect if you look at postings from last year at about this time, you'll see posts identical to yours above prognosticating the same for last season.


    ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

    Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 162,433, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,709
    Points
    162,433
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 10

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason we don't win 20 and see the post season. If not, GMAC's seat should be on fire.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 7,130, Level: 25
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    iowa city
    Posts
    210
    Points
    7,130
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post

    If next year isn't considerably better than last season, then I'll be extremely disappointed in players and staff. The fans, the players, and coaches all need some wins. I would also like to see us have a MAJOR upset or two. That alone would be an indication that things are on the right track.
    If we are still an underwhelming team, then I'll take the major upsets. But if we're a good team, then beating a better team won't be a major upset anymore--then I would not be disappointed if we did not have any major upsets.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 845,202, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,665
    Points
    845,202
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 493

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyinCo View Post
    I'd hate to start another "starting line-up" thread but...

    I don't see Colvin being much of a factor this coming season. If he is, it will be a pleasant surprise and an indication of great things to come. No offense to Colvin, but there aren't very many point guards who can make the transition from HS to D1 in the first year. If he can get significant minutes, I'll be impressed.

    Gilstrap, on the otherhand, has 1 year to make an impact I believe he will.

    And let's not forget Dendy, Chistopherson, and Pomlee.

    If next year isn't considerably better than last season, then I'll be extremely disappointed in players and staff. The fans, the players, and coaches all need some wins. I would also like to see us have a MAJOR upset or two. That alone would be an indication that things are on the right track.
    I agree! Get 20-22 wins, beat a Kansas or a Texas, and fans are jumping up and down.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,511, Level: 75
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    3,563
    Points
    59,511
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    Now what? Now, we dance!
    We can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're no friends of mine


    I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

  14. #14
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    clintr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    441
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyched View Post
    Ok, with Lucca and Brackins returning, Colvin and Gilstrap coming in, how will the 2009-10 season shake out?
    Let's get to the gym and let them work it out in practice.



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 258,154, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonestate78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,293
    Points
    258,154
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 245

    Re: Lucca's back - what now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneG View Post
    We can dance if we want to
    We can leave your friends behind
    'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
    Well they're no friends of mine
    Maybe we will get to see Lucca shoot some more 3's into the crowd or maybe shatter the backboard on another that catches backboard and no rim.....

    Sorry but I can't get that Kansas game out of my head when he had about the worst shooting ever.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM