Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Eikmeier Props

The Lincoln Journal-Star gave considerable space to a prep who is leaving the state. The article reports that Eikmeier averages nearly 28 points a game while shooting 43 percent on three-pointers and 56 percent overall and 92 percent free throws. His shooting from the field is, of course, with all the defensive pressure the competition can bring. Not all hs shooters pan out in college, but, he's only a junior and seems to have a great work ethic.

I'm hoping for the next "Pistol Pete" Maravich, a shooter, who averaged 44 pts for his college career.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...1089684960.txt

Last edited by BenEClone; 01-25-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Remembered
    “We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Eikmeier Props

Someone who can actually shoot freethrows? I like it!

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 948
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103
    Given: 34

I really starting to get excited about this kid.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Its funny how when GMac first got a commitment from him the boards were full of people slamming it as a waste of a scholarship and really questioning GMac. Don't hear much of that now. It really stuns me that people get on the air on boards like this and act like they know far more than the coach who makes his living on basketball and who has watched film of the kid and watched him in person and knows what his system needs. "I played ball once, well I really didn't play much, but I watched it and I know that this is a total waste of a scholly" Really is sad.

btw...this post has nothing to do with the people who posted ahead of me on the topic I am not implying they were critical or talked about it before. Simply an overall observation

Addict
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 2

We'll have a double Wes combo in 2 years, I like it!

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

So true...

GO CYCLONES!

Starter
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Jcloned, you are too funny. You think coaches research players they are going to recruit? Clearly coaches just go through random high school rosters and pick names off them. At least I am pretty sure that is what they do. Just kidding, I agree with you. I myself wondered about the kid when I first heard, but I assumed he must have something to catch the coaches eye so I thought I would give him a chance. Looks like he might turn out to be a pretty good recruit. Makes me wonder what Dykstra will be like.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by JCloned View Post
    Its funny how when GMac first got a commitment from him the boards were full of people slamming it as a waste of a scholarship and really questioning GMac. Don't hear much of that now. It really stuns me that people get on the air on boards like this and act like they know far more than the coach who makes his living on basketball and who has watched film of the kid and watched him in person and knows what his system needs. "I played ball once, well I really didn't play much, but I watched it and I know that this is a total waste of a scholly" Really is sad.

btw...this post has nothing to do with the people who posted ahead of me on the topic I am not implying they were critical or talked about it before. Simply an overall observation
    I'll admit it, I was critical of him and I still am. Why? Because I hadn't heard anything about him and he plays basketball in Nebraska. He also reminds me of Marsden looks-wise. Our last Nebraska recruit (name slips my mind because it's such an obscure reference) was a Eustachy recruit. He lead the state in scoring and was considered the state's best player, and ended up transferring and doing almost nothing when he showed up at ISU.

You're tired of fans being critical? I'm tired of fans lambasting critical fans. Get off your high horse and stop saying "I told you so," or something to that effect. It's annoying, especially in this case when nothing has been proven. As far as "Really is sad," talk about a dramatizing gross overstatement. Does it REALLY supply you mental anguish? Dang...

Sorry for the rant, just kinda annoys me.

All-Star
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

What is sad is that you think you know more about what players should wear the ISU uniform than GMac. Lets see the last recruit we got from Berrymans high school didn't turn out well lets not go there again. Give me a break. Your statements are the most arrogant bunch of BS. I don't recall saying I was tired of fans being critical. I am tired of people who call themselves fans who act like they know it all and speak with certainty that they know more about a player based on where he is from and what he looks like. Listen yourself.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Hijack time...Omar Bynum was from Nebraska (Omaha North I believe) and while he wasn't great he did have a sweet alley-oop from Ricky Morgan once...but only once. Speaking of which, Ricky really panned out for us...

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

The guy I was thinking of, I think his last name was Love I think? Maybe Lucky?...it's been a while.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lastuvka View Post
    The guy I was thinking of, I think his last name was Love I think? Maybe Lucky?...it's been a while.
    Lee Love was a TF recruit from Louisiana. <sarcasm>He also never panned out, so we can hope GMac doesn't recruit any kids from Louisiana.</sarcasm>

You're thinking of Zack Fortune who was a very late pick up for LE. Fortune didn't have the skills of Adam Haluska, but he had a very similar father that wasn't happy with how LE was using his son. He transfered out and said some nasty things about the program in the process. He was never going to be a star, but he could have been a serviceable role player and backup guard.

Not related to his skills, but Zach was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago.

Starter Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Lee Love was a TF recruit from Louisiana. <sarcasm>He also never panned out, so we can hope GMac doesn't recruit any kids from Louisiana.</sarcasm>

You're thinking of Zack Fortune who was a very late pick up for LE. Fortune didn't have the skills of Adam Haluska, but he had a very similar father that wasn't happy with how LE was using his son. He transfered out and said some nasty things about the program in the process. He was never going to be a star, but he could have been a serviceable role player and backup guard.

Not related to his skills, but Zach was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago.
    Yup, you know your stuff. I kinda feel like an ***** now for talking about Fortune like that. That's terribly unfortunate, too bad things like that happen.