Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Just curious if there were any other items that some of you would have liked to have seen included in the facilities master plan?

URBCLONE

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(URBCLONE &#064; Jun 22 2006, 12&#58;58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> Just curious if there were any other items that some of you would have liked to have seen included in the facilities master plan? [/b][/quote]

I would have liked the North corners to have been "bowled" in to the Jacobson Building. The grass areas do not look big time. More cost and no more seats, however, so it is understandable why it is not in the works.

[blockquote][/blockquote] This represents my opinions. It is a 100% certainty that I will be right or wrong.

All-Star Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CloneForever &#064; Jun 22 2006, 01&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I would have liked the North corners to have been "bowled" in to the Jacobson Building. The grass areas do not look big time. More cost and no more seats, however, so it is understandable why it is not in the works.

[/b][/quote]

I really think that that&#39;s the next phase, maybe 15-20 years down the line. Bowl in the north endzone up to and in front of the Jacobson Building, add a second level onto the south stands, expand the press box. Of course, that will all depend on growing the fan base and support.

I&#39;d like to see the visitors locker room put under the new south stands (maybe it is already?). I&#39;d also like to see the practice field spruced up....maybe padded fences and a permanent video tower. One more thing, and maybe this will never happen, but I&#39;d like to see some sort of facade around JT. Even if it is not continuous, but just pillars (like Hilton has) going up to the top deck.

XXXX Master Shake is under gag order XXXX

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 429
    Given: 269
    A gigantic statue of Cy flying the bird...[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Rookie
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    technically there is a permanent video tower. They may set one up for different angles, but there is a deck on the Bergstrom facility for them to video from. I&#39;ve been up there, it is high.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 1
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CloneForever &#064; Jun 22 2006, 01&#58;10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I don&#39;t like the hills either. Great for families which I have, but just doesn&#39;t look right for being a decent program. Does someone know what the new capacity will be? I thought right now it was 42,500 on the sides plus like 3,314 in the south endzone which makes 45,814. So would the new setup put us around 50,000 + North Hills and Temp Bleachers?

I wish they could have worked some sort of Volleyball and Gymnastics Facilty that could have had room for about 2,500 people to watch their matches. It would make for a better atmosphere than and empty Hilton.

Other than that I am pretty happy. I still don&#39;t know completetly what is going on with those diagrams though.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    probably a big gold statue of jack trice.

All-Star
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2
    A gold statue of Jamie Pollard if this all works out.

Walk On
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bmuff &#064; Jun 22 2006, 01&#58;32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I really think that that&#39;s the next phase, maybe 15-20 years down the line. Bowl in the north endzone up to and in front of the Jacobson Building, add a second level onto the south stands, expand the press box. Of course, that will all depend on growing the fan base and support.

I&#39;d like to see the visitors locker room put under the new south stands (maybe it is already?). I&#39;d also like to see the practice field spruced up....maybe padded fences and a permanent video tower. One more thing, and maybe this will never happen, but I&#39;d like to see some sort of facade around JT. Even if it is not continuous, but just pillars (like Hilton has) going up to the top deck.

[/b][/quote]

I like the grass. I think it is something different that other stadiums don&#39;t have. I actullly think they should expand the grass hill all the way over to the jacobson building and have a tunnel going underneith for the team to come out.

This would keep the actual grass space close to the same (i think some people enjoy the grass more than the seats), cheaply add capacity, and create a tunnel for the team to come out of. It would also give a unique look to the stadium that fits with the all-american grove that is around the stadium.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(goonies_89 &#064; Jun 22 2006, 02&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> probably a big gold statue of jack trice. [/b][/quote]

And a Johnny Orr statue in front of Hilton. I know this came up already in another thread but i think it would be a great idea and should definately be done. The Jack Trice one would be a good idea too, I would support both.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>A gigantic statue of Cy flying the bird... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [/b][/quote]

this works too [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

God Bless America

All-Star
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6
    Yeah.. we do need a huge statue of Cy...

Starter
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 706
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 1
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bmuff &#064; 06&#045;22&#045;06 1&#58;32 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    One more thing, and maybe this will never happen, but I&#39;d like to see some sort of facade around JT. Even if it is not continuous, but just pillars (like Hilton has) going up to the top deck. [/b][/quote]

I agree, JT from the east & west sides is visually ugly because the under side of the stands is the prominent feature. I&#39;d love for some type of stone facade along the exterior of the stadium.

I like your idea of pillars similar to Hilton along the outside. Give it a look similar to the old Soldier&#39;s Field.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(isucy86 &#064; 06&#045;22&#045;06 10&#58;44 pm) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I agree, JT from the east & west sides is visually ugly because the under side of the stands is the prominent feature. I&#39;d love for some type of stone facade along the exterior of the stadium.

I like your idea of pillars similar to Hilton along the outside. Give it a look similar to the old Soldier&#39;s Field. [/b][/quote]

AMEN&#33; This is exactly what I was thinking about when I started the thread. I think a facade would do wonders for the appearance of the stadium and may even help cut back on the wind factor.

One other idea I like is adding a parking ramp and hotel complex somewhere near the stadium and Hilton. Think of what Wisconsin did at Camp Randall for a reference.

URBCLONE

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 789
    Given: 519
    Need a large, catchy slogan on the scoreboard like, "We will take the North." Or "Beat EIU/NU forever." Or "Fly High with Cy."

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I would like to see a picture of Drew Tate bewildered on his back in the visitors locker room. You could even paint them frilly colors like the hawkeyes love so much&#33;

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa