Thread: iPod Trouble

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

iPod Trouble

I have an iPod (5th generation). I spilled water on it a few days ago. I dried it off, and turned it on for the first time today. Everything visually looks normal and it sort of works, but it tends to hang while playing songs, and it gives me a frequent error message about firewire not supported even though it's not connected to anything. Oh, and it won't turn off. I tried the 5 R's, but that didn't help. Anyone have any other suggestions? It looks like there's some gunk on the connector, and I'm thinking about cleaning that off with some isopropyl alcohol since I'm not sure it could hurt much.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 13

Re: iPod Trouble

I always heard with electronics that get water on them (like a cell phone) to put it in a container and bury it with rice. The rice will draw out the moisture. Of course, I also heard this is suppose to be done BEFORE trying to turn it on, but it is worth a try...

Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

Pro Achievements:
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: iPod Trouble

Quote Originally Posted by rhillary View Post
    I always heard with electronics that get water on them (like a cell phone) to put it in a container and bury it with rice. The rice will draw out the moisture. Of course, I also heard this is suppose to be done BEFORE trying to turn it on, but it is worth a try...
    Yeah it's sitting in a container of rice right now (of course it's on since it won't shut off). I should've done that right away but I didn't think it got that wet. Silly me.