Rookie
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

A Call To Action for Cyclone Wrestling Fans!

A Letter from CWC president Jeff Murphy to fans posted by Webcytes on CR. Thanks Webcytes for passing this on! I just joined the Wrestling club yesterday.

Hello Cyclone Wrestling Fans!

I have spent the last few days learning about the new leadership that Kevin Jackson is going to bring to Iowa State wrestling and I only have three things to say.... I am extremely impressed, I am extremely excited, and I am behind our new coach 100%! I attended the press conference on Friday morning and heard the enthusiasm that he is bringing to the job. I had a chance to visit with Kevin briefly on Saturday and watch the way he interacted with the wrestlers and fans at the annual spring hog roast. I had a chance to talk with many of our wrestlers and hear the excitement that they had after they met with Kevin. Then I had a chance to meet with him on Sunday evening for about an hour and half to talk about his ideas for the future of Cyclone Wrestling and the Cyclone Wrestling Club. As I said before, I am extremely impressed, extremely excited and I am squarely behind our new coach. I think all of you will be as well.

Kevin has already met collectively and individually with members of the team, and he believes that the vast majority of the team members remain firmly committed to the Cyclones. Those few that do not want to remain will be allowed to leave, as he wants wrestlers who want to be here, but he doesn't expect many to leave. Kevin is currently evaluating a number of coaches from across the country for his assistant coaching positions. He plans to move quickly, but take the necessary time to hire the right people who can provide the best possible coaching team. Kevin also wants to bring back a number of our former wrestlers to once again train with the club for international competition. Then he wants to build the Cyclone Wrestling Club into one of the strongest club programs with the best world class athletes in the country. Iowa State will be a Regional Olympic Training Center. Our own post-graduate wrestlers will train with the Cyclone Wrestling Club. Other world class wrestlers will want to come to Iowa State to train with the best. The net result will be a wrestling atmosphere in Ames that is second to none and the talent, workout partners, and coaching to take the entire program the next level! The goal is to bring NCAA titles and World Championships home to Ames!

In order to accomplish these goals, we need your help in several ways. Several times last weekend Kevin made the statement that if we are to reach our goals we need Cyclone Wrestling fans to be "ALL IN". We need all Cyclone Fans to be "ALL IN" for this wrestling team. We need all Cyclones to come together behind our new coach to support the Cyclone wrestlers 110%. We are going to need your participation at Cyclone Wrestling events to show our wrestlers your personal support for the program. We need to fill Hilton with season ticket holders and then give our wrestlers our loudest vocal support. We need our members to ask other Cyclone fans to join the Cyclone Wrestling Club and to consider increasing their donation level to the club to increase our financial support. It will take a lot of hard work, fan support and financial resources on the part of the Cyclone Wrestling Club to help Coach Jackson to take this program to the next level, and it will take even more to keep it there, but I am extremely confident that Cyclone fans are up to the task!

One final note--I have been asked by a number of individuals in the past couple weeks, if I would consider staying on as president of the Cyclone Wrestling Club. After consulting with my colleagues, my family and our new head coach, I'm ALL IN! We have some unfinished business and a job to do, so I am excited to announce that I intend to continue to serve as president of the Cyclone Wrestling Club, as long as the Board of Directors sees fit to re-elect me, until we can get the job done! We have some exciting opportunities in front of us and some unfinished business to attend to. Let's Get After It!

In the coming weeks you will hear a lot more exciting news about Cyclone Wrestling and will learn of many opportunities where you can help. Let's take this program to the next level. With your help, I am confident we can, and I know we will!

I'm ALL IN! Are You?

Jeff Murphy
    President, Cyclone Wrestling Club
    phone: 515.491.7750
    jeff.murphy@kemin.com

Support Cyclone Wrestling... Join the Cyclone Wrestling Club!

Loyal Sons for ever True

Starter
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 14

Re: A Call To Action for Cyclone Wrestling Fans!

Impressive... thanks for posting

Commitment To Excellence

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 42

I agree. Let's bring the NC back to Ames!

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

was thinking of posting this earlier. i'm pumped again after seeing the kj presser and then this email

Rookie
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Insure he is on board with CycloneFanatic as well.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I'm deffinitly ALL IN! Iowa State Wrestling is going to be unstoppable.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I'm going to be a first time member of the Club this summer.

"Seven minutes to glory."