Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 386
    Given: 354

Re: Solution to Lucca's situation???

Not really. That was resolved on Friday but Lucca was still talking about not returning on Sunday.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

He ruled out every reason we've mentioned except playing time. I'm guessing that's what it's about...

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 48

I've been out of the loop since Thursday because I had Guard. I guess I missed that.

Pro
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

LUCCA -- PLEASE PLEASE STAY!!! 99.9999% of the Cyclone fan base absolutely adore you. There are always going to be idiots on message boards that do not appreciate you. You are a great great player and our team needs you. Please stay!!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    He ruled out every reason we've mentioned except playing time. I'm guessing that's what it's about...
    He ruled out advancing in the national program, yet the happy median might be to allow him to play the entire season for the national program? There seems to be a disconnect there.

If it were playing time, why would McDermott working out a way for Steiger to miss a month of school and remain eligible have any affect on his decision?

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Why, does he want less playing time? He was starter last year.

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by jaretac View Post
    Why, does he want less playing time? He was starter last year.
    It's not really a matter if he wants less playing time or not. I have no info on the situation, but I could see that seeing guys like Gilstrap, Chistopherson and now Oliver may make him think that his minutes won't be as readily available as they were last season. Pure speculation, though...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 313
    Given: 95

Quote Originally Posted by AnkenyCy24 View Post
    It's not really a matter if he wants less playing time or not. I have no info on the situation, but I could see that seeing guys like Gilstrap, Chistopherson and now Oliver may make him think that his minutes won't be as readily available as they were last season. Pure speculation, though...
    This is what I was getting at. He stands a very real chance of having less minutes here if he stays. It's my opinion, having no inside info, that this is what is prompting his considering leaving ISU. That's all.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23

This is what I was getting at. He stands a very real chance of having less minutes here if he stays. It's my opinion, having no inside info, that this is what is prompting his considering leaving ISU. That's all.
    It wouldn't be surprised if that were true, but how would missing a month of school to play for Germany alleviate that issue?

Addict
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120

If he's seriously concerned about possibly losing playing time to Gilstrap and Christopherson... then do we really want him on our team? Is he truly afraid of an open competition?

I like Lucca and I want him to stay at ISU, but if he's another one of these kids that is afraid of competing for his job, then I don't think he has the fire in him that we need for this team. Sorry if that offends Lucca or any of his fans on this site.

The best players in any sport actually welcome competition. Jerome Tiller recently gave that QB recruit from Texas a tour of campus and told him he hoped he would come to ISU. This would be another kid that would be competing directly with Tiller for the QB job in the next few years, but yet Tiller hopes he comes.

If Lucca is afraid that Gilstrap and Christopherson will take minutes from him, then how afraid is he on the court against Big 12 competition?

I hope that this isn't the reason. I hope it's just because he doesn't feel GMac's new system will fit his game or something? Because one thing I can't stand is athletes that are too afraid to compete.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    If he's seriously concerned about possibly losing playing time to Gilstrap and Christopherson... then do we really want him on our team? Is he truly afraid of an open competition?

I like Lucca and I want him to stay at ISU, but if he's another one of these kids that is afraid of competing for his job, then I don't think he has the fire in him that we need for this team. Sorry if that offends Lucca or any of his fans on this site.

The best players in any sport actually welcome competition. Jerome Tiller recently gave that QB recruit from Texas a tour of campus and told him he hoped he would come to ISU. This would be another kid that would be competing directly with Tiller for the QB job in the next few years, but yet Tiller hopes he comes.

If Lucca is afraid that Gilstrap and Christopherson will take minutes from him, then how afraid is he on the court against Big 12 competition?

I hope that this isn't the reason. I hope it's just because he doesn't feel GMac's new system will fit his game or something? Because one thing I can't stand is athletes that are too afraid to compete.
    +1

Iíve always agreed with the Mark Curry approach which isÖ
    Play at the highest level possible, regardless of playing time. You want to play against the best competition and the only way you are going to get it is playing Division I. Even if you are on the bench most of time, you still can go home at night and say that you are competing at the highest level possible and against the best.

I hope Lucca recognizes that he is playing in one the premier basketball conferences in the United States. Sure, heís not getting a pay check, but he is seeing and playing against, some of the best athletes and players in the US. Iíve not observed the German leagues, but clearly Iowa State is in one the best positions it could be for level of conference play.

All-Star
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by clintr View Post
    +1

Iíve always agreed with the Mark Curry approach which isÖ
    Play at the highest level possible, regardless of playing time. You want to play against the best competition and the only way you are going to get it is playing Division I. Even if you are on the bench most of time, you still can go home at night and say that you are competing at the highest level possible and against the best.

I hope Lucca recognizes that he is playing in one the premier basketball conferences in the United States. Sure, heís not getting a pay check, but he is seeing and playing against, some of the best athletes and players in the US. Iíve not observed the German leagues, but clearly Iowa State is in one the best positions it could be for level of conference play.
    Dude, your ignore list is rather impressive!

Also, I agree with you. Nicely put.

Yep, this thread has just been pwned.

Starter
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

I am one who wishes Lucca stays, I feel as though a guy who has had a two years in the system and one year of starting and playing is going to be irreplaceable.

I am not feeling too good about how it is looking though.

I do not have any inside information but it would appear to me that Lucca might have a problem with the system itself. He might have thought it was going to be more perimeter orientated (like last year and even the year before to an extent) team.

With the incoming players and our new found depth at guard position, it might appear as though we are going to be a bit more up tempo. I am not sure, but that is what I think anyway.

I hope Lucca stays, we would sorely miss him and I think he would lose a lot of vaulable experience.

I love me some Jethros BBQ!
    Twitter: bufantes

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 223

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post

Didn't he kind of allude to this in a different interview, the KXNO one I think?