Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Biggest news in the state yesterday with respect to athletics? Yep, it's got to be the latest prospect coming up through the Chicago Cubs minor league system! Oh yeah, and don't forget Tyler Smith and the Big Ten Network. Oh by the way, ISU is planning $125 million in facilities improvements - check out page 2 for a single drawing.

The newspaper that the University of Iowa depends on strikes again.

URBCLONE

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 136
    Thank you for bringing this up URBCLONE. It's good timing too, check out the frontpage and let me know what you think of the new campaign I started.

Thanks!!

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44
    I gave up on that worthless buttwad of a paper years ago. Between being pro Pukeye, pro Liberal pretty much non-pro-agriculture, I don't know how they could sell over 50 copies. The only thing worth a crap in the paper is the Suduko puzzle. Otherwise, campfire starter....

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 152
    I love it.

Iowa fans complain the Register is always pro-Cyclone.

No fan base will ever be happy...

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I love the Register as well.....I prefer that it is not pro-conservative, bean farmer orientated. There is always Fox (fair and balanced people!)telly to get that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ISUFan22 &#064; Jun 22 2006, 08&#58;23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I love it.

Iowa fans complain the Register is always pro-Cyclone.

No fan base will ever be happy...
    [/b][/quote]

The only time I have ever seen the Rag being pro-Cyclone was when we beat EIU in the football game for the 5th time in a row. The sports page showed the Cyclone football players and the top caption showed "It is the Cyclone State&#33;&#33;" I have that front page laminated and hanging in my wall at home. Other than that, it is for sure pro pukeye

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; Jun 22 2006, 08&#58;34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'> I love the Register as well.....I prefer that it is not pro-conservative, bean farmer orientated. There is always Fox telly to get that. [/b][/quote]

Monkeybrow..................There is a difference between redneck farmer oriented(as your post stated initially) and being pro agriculture. If you have spent anytime in this state, you obviously know that 90% of this state&#39;s economy is based off agriculture, so don&#39;t go there pal

CF Founder
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 136
    My problem with the Register is that they just aren&#39;t equal in their reporting. I don&#39;t care so much that they report on so called scandals and things for ISU but there are countless times where ISU has won a big game but it is on the second page while an Iowa loss is on the front page as the headline. That isn&#39;t fair to the readers, regardless of school orientation.

I understand my loyalties go towards ISU and I am more likely to see things portrayed towards Iowa, but I think you could find enough statistical and evidenciary exmaples to prove it is a true bias towards the Hawks.

I just feel that it is one thing to see it and recognize it, it&#39;s even better to try and do something about it.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cyclonesrule91 &#064; Jun 22 2006, 07&#58;40 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Monkeybrow..................There is a difference between redneck farmer oriented(as your post stated initially) and being pro agriculture. If you have spent anytime in this state, you obviously know that 90% of this state&#39;s economy is based off agriculture, so don&#39;t go there pal

[/b][/quote]

tread lightly and stick to your ever-fresh "EIU" and "Pukeye" references..editing is not a bad thing rules..maybe you should consider it once in awhile...by the way...I have been an Iowan longer then you have been poppin your taters to "facts of life" re-runs.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(monkeybrow &#064; Jun 22 2006, 08&#58;58 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

tread lightly and stick to you ever-fresh "EIU" and "Pukeye" references..editing is not a back thing rules..maybe you should consider it once in awhile...by the way...I have been an Iowan longer then you have been poppin your taters to "facts of life" re-runs. [/b][/quote]

Never watched "facts of life"......too much work to do outside so you could eat. ha

I&#39;m off my soapbox now. The way I read your post, it made it sound like the official Pukeye slogan applied to the rest of the state...............U know the one EIU campus "Where the woman are safe and the sheep run scared" Git er done [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I don&#39;t read the paper print of the DM fishwrap since I live 2 states away, but I do have to say, it could be worse. The CR Gazette, the so-called "newspaper of eastern Iowa" had an article on the planned renovations on a page after the fine print section. I realize that CR is EIU&#39;s backyard, but there coverage is way beyond biased for the squakeyes. They are to EIU what Fox is to the republican party.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    I also hate how the media protrays that this will hopefully get more people to the games, like no one went to any of them in the first place. First off Hilton is almost always full it just wasn&#39;t this year because no one wanted to see a undisciplined team. Sure in football more people should go. But the media needs to stop portraying ISU fans as not supporting their teams. What about Iowa fans never ever going to basketball games? Alright I am done.

Hilton-Bring on the Magic

Speechless
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 242
    Just sent in two emails to the right people. Keep &#39;em coming. You know, it only takes about 100 emails to make them notice. They are no dummies in the paper business. Squeeky wheel does work.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] Way to go, Jeremy.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.