Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 284

How Bizzare

is it the Jiri is probably our best player right now. Right down to posting people up, getting rebounds, and guarding the other teams center. I thought he was getting shippped out of ISU a few games ago. Now the guy looks great. Meanwhile Mike Taylor just dribbled the ball off his foot after going flying down the lane out of control. Weird

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 162

Re: How Bizzare

Well before Jiri came on I felt Wesley was our best all-around player. He seems to be gravitating away from where he fits best so it's hard not to say Jiri is playing the best for ISU in the past week for sure - if not couple weeks.

Hats off to him.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

It was a shift in JIRI'S attitude, he finally started accepting coaching, and he's being rewarded for it.

His attitude for the first 5-6 games he was back was sullen, moody, disinterested and he played that way. You rememeber all of the looks that McDermott gave him as he pulled him from the game, they could have boiled cheese.

But as often happens in these cases, one night he listened, maybe in spite of himself, and he was rewarded with playing time, and had a good game. He hasn't stopped since the NDSU game.

The problem that I had with him before was his attitude, he wasn't coachable.

Jeffrey A Crawford

Addict
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,302
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 53

What a disappointment! I thought from the title of the thread that somebody had a link to the classic OMC song "How Bizzare".

At any rate, I too am very pleased with the way Jiri has been playing. Even when his numbers aren't outstanding I still smile seeing him play his butt off and realizing how far he has come in such a short time (attitude-wise). I also think many of you are way overanalyzing how Wesley is "heading in the wrong direction". For the love, the guy just had his "worst game" in forever against KSU and still ended up with 9 points and 7 boards. What more do you want from an unheralded freshman? If 9 and 7 are going to be the bad nights, I'll take those from anybody. Sure he shoots 3's once in a while, but I'm ok with the shot selection since he's been doing that all year and has shown himself capable of knocking them down. How is it worse that he takes them now that we have somebody (Jiri) showing themselves to be a threat underneath when before we had no low-post presence?

Pro
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 2

Yeah, nobody's shots were going in against KSU, except for Jiri's near the basket.
    I tell you what, we NEED to get the ball to Jiri more. He was unstoppable against KSU! He coulda had 30 points if we fed him the ball more! When stuff is working, it's up to the other team to stop it, not us.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 86

Jiri's play has been exceptional the last few games. Let's hope he keeps it up, especially with the two tough road games we have up next.

Go Cyclones!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Exactly that is one thing that we need to grasp, when someone has the hot hand or something is working keep getting them the ball until they can be stopped. Instead we have Mike Taylor doing the old Chuck and Pray.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 302

Quote Originally Posted by Skyh13 View Post
    Yeah, nobody's shots were going in against KSU, except for Jiri's near the basket.
    I tell you what, we NEED to get the ball to Jiri more. He was unstoppable against KSU! He coulda had 30 points if we fed him the ball more! When stuff is working, it's up to the other team to stop it, not us.

Doc Sadler says his new Nebrska rule is the ball has to touch Alex Mareks hands before anyone else can shoot a three. Now that is being blunt to your guards. Can McD do the same?

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.