Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,531, Level: 78
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,955
    Points
    64,531
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 137

    Swine flu in Iowa City??

    I have a customer whose daughter goes to the UofI and he just got a call from here saying they might have found a case of swine flu at the college and they are considering shutting down the school. She is in a class there and something was announced in her class. Not confirmed yet and not a joke.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 20,215, Level: 43
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Cardinal&Gold11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    1,861
    Points
    20,215
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Well, this seems to be popping up all over the place now


    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,237, Level: 68
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,783
    Points
    49,237
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 13

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    It wouldn't surprise me but I just talked with some friends at the u of i and they said they had not heard anything.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 83,626, Level: 89
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,173
    Points
    83,626
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 2

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Why don't we all just go live in bubbles for the rest of our lives? That's the only way to protect yourself from everything.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 83,066, Level: 89
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,973
    Points
    83,066
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 0

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Wouldn't surprise me. They said it was started by unsanitary conditions in hog farms. That pretty much defines Iowa City.



  6. #6
    Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Dave19642006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,853
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    ok I wonder if this is not terrorists being involved.


    Whooooooaaaaaaa conspiracy theory



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 39,863, Level: 61
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    39,863
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 27

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. They said it was started by unsanitary conditions in hog farms. That pretty much defines Iowa City.
    Who is "they"?



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 51,183, Level: 70
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,367
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Drive4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    972
    Posts
    5,541
    Points
    51,183
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    How do people know it's not the regular flu? The flu season doesn't typically end until sometime in May. But I guess that doesn't create a buzz. It must be the pig flu!



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 39,863, Level: 61
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    39,863
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 27

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    I have a customer whose daughter goes to the UofI and he just got a call from here saying they might have found a case of swine flu at the college and they are considering shutting down the school. She is in a class there and something was announced in her class. Not confirmed yet and not a joke.
    If that was true, it would be posted somewhere. Even the governor says there are just two suspected cases in Iowa. From this release (http://www.governor.iowa.gov/news/2009/04/29_4.php):

    "The first case, an adult California resident, came to Iowa late last week. The individual traveled through Scott and Clinton counties. The second case, a southeast Iowa adult female, became ill last week after returning from Mexico. She traveled through Johnson, Des Moines and Muscatine counties"



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 151,610, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,088
    Points
    151,610
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 11

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    As an Iowa City resident, with a young daughter and a wife that works at UIHC and a neighbor who works for the University, let me be the first to say that the last place I would get my daily swine flu report would be here at CF. Especially since the info is not even near first-hand.

    I'm not saying your customer is a liar. I'm just saying that it will take more than just a couple of cases to shut this place down.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,531, Level: 78
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,955
    Points
    64,531
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 137

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms3r4ISU View Post
    If that was true, it would be posted somewhere. Even the governor says there are just two suspected cases in Iowa. From this release (http://www.governor.iowa.gov/news/2009/04/29_4.php):

    "The first case, an adult California resident, came to Iowa late last week. The individual traveled through Scott and Clinton counties. The second case, a southeast Iowa adult female, became ill last week after returning from Mexico. She traveled through Johnson, Des Moines and Muscatine counties"
    All I know is his daughter called him from an evening class she has and they announced it sometime during her class.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 211,775, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,781
    Points
    211,775
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 1,266

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Highly doubt it. I know Iowa State sent out emails saying to be cautious and gave links to information about it but thats it. And I havent heard of anything from U of I



  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 35,520, Level: 58
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonick182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL
    Posts
    3,527
    Points
    35,520
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 45

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Pig flu in Iowa City?! No.........



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,237, Level: 68
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,783
    Points
    49,237
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 13

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneYoda View Post
    As an Iowa City resident, with a young daughter and a wife that works at UIHC and a neighbor who works for the University, let me be the first to say that the last place I would get my daily swine flu report would be here at CF. Especially since the info is not even near first-hand.

    I'm not saying your customer is a liar. I'm just saying that it will take more than just a couple of cases to shut this place down.
    I spoke with a friend that is a student at the u of i and he said they received an e-mail that said if there was a case found there they would shut down the university.



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 39,863, Level: 61
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,038
    Points
    39,863
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 27

    Re: Swine flu in Iowa City??

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    All I know is his daughter called him from an evening class she has and they announced it sometime during her class.
    It's quite possible that college students hear what they want to hear in class, especially this close to the end of the semester, don't ya' think?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM