Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 1

Another Q for JP

This may have been hit on already, if so sorry to beat a dead horse.

I think JP plan for ISU/ Uof I tickets is great and I support his business plan. My question is if he has any fear that we will have 55,000 for Iowa and only 35-40,000 for the rest of the home games. I know that the tickets will have been sold and we have the money, but I think we all want to see the Jack packed every weekend. Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?

"I believe the state color for Alabama should be primer," Larry the Cable Guy.

Pro
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 22

Re: Another Q for JP

Single game tickets will still be available for all other games. If the stadium doesn't fill for those games, it won't be because of the Iowa restriction.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 276

We won't be selling out the season tickets, this much I can almost guarantee you.

However, the ISU-Iowa game will be sold out.

How?

As it's been discussed on the boards and radio - via the tent sales.

Lets say we sell 35,000 season tickets. IMO, that would be a great number for '07. So 4000 tickets go to Iowa. that leaves us with about 16,000 unsold tickets for the game.

Pollard stated they hold some back for the tent sales yet did not specify the number. I think I've heard around 4000-5000 are usually held back for that game. Well - lets say Wells Fargo wants one of those gigantic tents that hold 2000 people. And maybe another corporation wants to do the same. A few of those add up rather quickly and you're looking at a sold out game.

I'll bet Jamie already has these organizations waiting. Once we get further into the year and renewals are done - he'll be able to benchmark where the total season ticket sales will be.

Then, let the large tent sales gates open.

Addict
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 67

Quote Originally Posted by kgreeny View Post
    This may have been hit on already, if so sorry to beat a dead horse.

I think JP plan for ISU/ Uof I tickets is great and I support his business plan. My question is if he has any fear that we will have 55,000 for Iowa and only 35-40,000 for the rest of the home games. I know that the tickets will have been sold and we have the money, but I think we all want to see the Jack packed every weekend. Has anyone seen or heard anything about this?
    My idea on the plan is this, I would think that they would gauge the number of empty seats early on for the home games. From that number they could sell a # of extra "standing room only" singles for the rest of the games to replace the empty seats. Then once the game starts or at the end of the 1st quarter, you could allow the people in the SRO to move from the hillside/sidewalks to fill in the upper levels of empties. Maybe this wouldn't work but I thought it would maybe be a viable option to put bodies in the seats and make some extra money beyond the season tickets. I would doubt that too many people would show up after the 1st quarter to claim their season ticket seats, and if they did, the SRO people could move to a different place

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

ISUFAN22: HAS JP FIGURED OUT! I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING. JP HAS ALLREADY GOTTEN COMMITTMENTS FROM THE LARGER CORPORATIONS TO BUY THE TICKETS THAT ARE LEFT . MAKES ISU LOOK GOOD AND ALSO MAKE JP LOOK GOOD. I THINK JP IS A MARKETING GENIUS.
    P.S. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE IOWA BANKERS ASSOCIATION ALSO HOSTS A HUGE OUTING AT THE ANNUAL IOWA AND IOWA STATE GAME 3-4000 TICKETS FOR THOSE GUYS.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 435
    Given: 276

Quote Originally Posted by JPOP View Post
    ISUFAN22: HAS JP FIGURED OUT!
    If there is one person I don't have figured out - it's Jamie Pollard. For all we know, he's selling the tickets to aliens from Uranus. Really - no one can ever without a doubt know what the man will do next. Seeing a bunch of green creatures in the stands with heads that look like butts (other than the Iowa fans) won't shock me at all.

The scenario I outlined isn't really anything I concocted - it's something a few of us arrived at via discussions on this board and another one.

Regardless - Jamie has fans across the state buzzing about Cyclone football in January. And we weren't even playing past November.

That's marketing for ya.

Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    If there is one person I don't have figured out - it's Jamie Pollard. For all we know, he's selling the tickets to aliens from Uranus. Really - no one can ever without a doubt know what the man will do next. Seeing a bunch of green creatures in the stands with heads that look like butts (other than the Iowa fans) won't shock me at all.

The scenario I outlined isn't really anything I concocted - it's something a few of us arrived at via discussions on this board and another one.

Regardless - Jamie has fans across the state buzzing about Cyclone football in January. And we weren't even playing past November.

That's marketing for ya.
    hee hee hee, he sadi uranus...

just kidding. I do know from having talked to Jamie at the TX WBB game he is very nervous to see this play out.

Walk On
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Maybe Jamie will Scalp the tickets to the Iowa Bankers Asoccation like the Hawks did last year. I used the Bankers Association tickets and my friend on the committee told me that IOWA charged them $125 per ticket for the $65 face value ticket. This was just for the ticket and didn't include any of the costs for the tailgate they put on.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by puckwarrior View Post
    Maybe Jamie will Scalp the tickets to the Iowa Bankers Asoccation like the Hawks did last year. I used the Bankers Association tickets and my friend on the committee told me that IOWA charged them $125 per ticket for the $65 face value ticket. This was just for the ticket and didn't include any of the costs for the tailgate they put on.
    My dad is a member and I think your friend has his facts distorted. I was offered the $125 ticket package from the association, but it included a bus ride and a dinner for that price. And yes they will sell a ton of tickets as they always do and have one big tailgate. The last one I was at in Ames had a ton more hawk fans when I was eating and unfortunately had EIU cheerleaders and Herky for a good portion of the time I was there.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

All-Star
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56

JP will also be pushing Alumni groups as well as corporations to buy Iowa game tickets.
    Engineering Alumni Assoc, Vet Med Alumni and others all have a tailgater and game package each year. I'm sure JP will be pushing those groups to have their event for the Iowa game rather than some other Saturday.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 3

What do you think a pair of tickets for the ISU/Iowa game will go for on ebay a week before the game?

Walk On
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Cy St8t, I also am a member of the Bankers Association. The bank I work at is one of the sponsors for the tailgate. Unfortunately, the Bankers Association did charge the $125 per ticket which did include the tailgate party. However they didn't expect IOWA to charge more then the face value of the ticket for the seats. When they were charged the $125 for the tickets they had to raise sponsorhip funds to handle the rest of the costs. They have been doing this for many years and were never charged more then face value previously so they assumed that the $125 fee would cover everything like it normally has.