Harrison Barnes at the Hoopfest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Addict Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Harrison Barnes at the Hoopfest

Found this on Harrison Barnes. They are questions that was asked to him. Sorry if someone already posted it.

.: Harrison Barnes at the Hoopfest

Who was the best players you seen at the Lebron Camp?

"DeMarcus Cousins and Jon Wall, they play different positions, but Wall can pass."

Coming form the Lebron Camp in a setting like that is it any different playing here, I mean it's been a tough week for you mentally and physically?

"I think it's nice to come play with these guys to ya know? I mean to come from a setting where your playing with a whole bunch of all stars everyone is kinda somewhat selfish in a respect ya know? It's kinda hard to play with them to just meeting them, but when I come back and play with my normal team and we already have chemistry. It feels nice."

Is it almost better to come back to your normal team you know because you are kind of familiar with them?

"Well they are my friends (chuckles) I had to come back and play with the friends."

When you see these coaches out here, what is it like playing in front of them,is it kind of nerve racking?

"It was nerve racking a little while ago you just kind of become accustomed to it."

Tell us about your game a little bit what are your strengths right now and what are some of the things you need to work on?

"Right now I would say my strengths are spot up shooting and just shooting in general. Pulling up coming off of screens. I'd say that my area I need to improve the most would probably be my ball handling. In college I am going to play the 2 so I really need to sharpen up my handling."

Did you learn anything at Lebron about any of those strengths or weaknesses?

"Well they taught us a lot of drills and development in camp."

I am sure that every school in the country is recruiting you, do you have any feel or an early list at all?

"Right now I am just taking my time letting my skills develop. Recruiting right now every one's equal."

As your here in Louisville you have Louisville Kentucky and Indiana all close all three have coaches here watching you, are you interested in any of those three schools?

"Kentucky and Indiana have offered me so I am assuming a lot of interest form them and I have interest in them. As far as from Louisville they might have communicated with my head coach a little bit, but they have not communicated with me."

What are you looking for in a school?

"I want a strong academic field and basketball wise just a good solid team that can make me better and where I can make other people better. Hopefully have a national championship run and then go on to the pros."

Leave home or stay close to home, does it mater?

"I haven't decided distance yet."

Whats your GPA right now?

"3.39"

What did you want to get out of this summer?

"I just want to go and win some championships at some of these national tournaments get better and get some of my teammates some scholarships."

Do you have a time frame for when you would like cut your list?

"Not at the moment."

Do you know when you would like to make a commitment?

"I would like to go on some official visits check out some schools, check out some campuses. I haven't seen many so far so I just want to go see some schools."

Academically anything in particular your looking for?

"A strong business field. I am going to go into business administration finance."

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 58

Re: Harrison Barnes at the Hoopfest

he is a cyclone through and through i think he will come unless someone wows the **** outta him, but his mom is a good influence and does work for ISU

All-Star
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 675
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 89

Quote Originally Posted by CYCRAZY View Post
    he is a cyclone through and through i think he will come unless someone wows the **** outta him, but his mom is a good influence and does work for ISU
    I hope you're right.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41

HB has no idea what Hilton is capable of, he may have been teased with it a little, but really he may have been to young to remember the place really rockin. A hometown kid like that in uniform is going to bring it back, no question. Someone should show him some DVDs of that place in it's heyday. I really think a combination with success on the floor and him in uniform here is going to bring the crazy atmosphere back.

Last edited by cayin; 04-26-2009 at 05:04 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Well once again he proves my opinion right. He wants to win a national championship. Can we start being realistic here so we can watch dickie v telecast his games? Melvin Ejim. Thats realistic. Am I the only one not excusing the fact he ALWAYS says he wants to contend? Is that us? No. I want him here just as bad as everyone.. but he's not stating this every interview for no reason. Even if we have success next year with Brackins he isn't staying his senior season IMO. Maybe?? But doubtful. I'm not a negative person just trying to prepare myself for the probable so just incase it doesn't happen its that much better. :D

Last edited by CB21; 04-26-2009 at 08:11 AM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 602

Quote Originally Posted by cayin View Post
    HB has not idea what Hilton is capable of, he may have been teased with it a little, but really he may have been to young to remember the place really rockin. A hometown kid like that in uniform is going to bring it back, no question. Someone should show him some DVDs of that place in it's heyday. I really think a combination with success on the floor and him in uniform here is going to bring the crazy atmosphere back.

While true... many of the schools recruiting him can easily match or beat that atmosphere.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by ajk4st8 View Post
    While true... many of the schools recruiting him can easily match or beat that atmosphere.
    We smash Duke and their nerdy 7 thousand fan atmosphere when Hilton starts rockin!!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 602

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    We smash Duke and their nerdy 7 thousand fan atmosphere when Hilton starts rockin!!
    ... maybe. While maybe not as loud... their student section is full every game and the place has more energy than Hilton on a complete season basis. Hilton can man up during conference season usually, but you could argue that Duke brings it all year. Just playing devils advocate on the whole 'our atmosphere is better than the other schools recruiting HB'

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've seen this before.. i think it's kinda old (from last summer)

but we have been slipping on our Daily HB threads.. so this thread is fine with me.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

To put on my super-optimistic hat, if there is the right chemistry between Harrison and some on the team we could have an exceptional team if Brackins came back and Gilstrap got another year. Imagine this lineup:

DG (Sr) or Colvin (So)
    Barnes (Fr)
    Gilstrap (Sr)
    Brackins (Sr)
    Hamilton (Jr) or Dendy (Sr)

That would be a VERY solid senior-laden lineup that was ready to make a one-year run with the addition of Barnes.

Seneca Wallace.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

... maybe. While maybe not as loud... their student section is full every game and the place has more energy than Hilton on a complete season basis. Hilton can man up during conference season usually, but you could argue that Duke brings it all year. Just playing devils advocate on the whole 'our atmosphere is better than the other schools recruiting HB'
    I was kinda kidding. Cameron Indoor is a nice atmosphere but overrated. It is no bigger than some high school gyms

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    I was kinda kidding. Cameron Indoor is a nice atmosphere but overrated. It is no bigger than some high school gyms
    You got that right, 85. Even has the baskets hanging from the ceiling, like high school gyms do.
    And, you're right - the Cameron Crazies are just full of nerds and geeks. I doubt many even play intramural sports. They're creepy.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41

Really? Wow, I'm not sure about that. Maybe the Pitt in New Mexico or Oregon could match it, but no one else. Were you around between 1985 and 1997? Those were the crazy years. 2000/2001 and 2005 were not bad either. I really doubt there is many gyms in that can match the Hilton intensity during the heyday so I strongly disagree that a lot of schools recruiting him can match or beat that atmosphere.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 47

Actually its not full every game. They struggle to give away free tickets for the student section. That may surprise some people but their student support hasn't been stellar.

All-Star
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CB21 View Post
    Well once again he proves my opinion right. He wants to win a national championship. Can we start being realistic here so we can watch dickie v telecast his games? Melvin Ejim. Thats realistic. Am I the only one not excusing the fact he ALWAYS says he wants to contend? Is that us? No. I want him here just as bad as everyone.. but he's not stating this every interview for no reason. Even if we have success next year with Brackins he isn't staying his senior season IMO. Maybe?? But doubtful. I'm not a negative person just trying to prepare myself for the probable so just incase it doesn't happen its that much better. :D
    Do you want us to recruit kids who doesn't say that?