Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

ISUTweets.com - A website strictly for Iowa State Tweets!

I know that we have had several threads about Twitter, and there has been some mixed feelings on Cyclone Fanatic about the usefulness of Twitter. I personally don't use Twitter every hour of the day, but I do use it, and I keep looking for useful ways to implement it in my daily live. I finally came up with this idea to create a website called isutweets.com which provides exactly what is titled, Iowa State Tweets! I have basically setup search criteria for Twitter keywords with just Iowa State information, and then it displays as a html output on the screen, and automatically refreshes. I really have two purposes for this site:

1) Relay information to people that are on campus about what is happening. This could allow people to connect on campus about classes, social events, and just about anything else going on at Iowa State. For example if you wanted to catch lunch at the Memorial Union and wanted to meet some new people, you could post a tweet about being at the MU and then anyone watching ISU Tweets could meet you there!

2) Provide information for people that are off campus about what is going on not only within the campus, but also what is going on with Iowa State sports, venues and other major events in Ames, Iowa. For example, I was going to lunch today, and I wanted to know if Craig Brackins was staying or not, so I just loaded up the site in my iPhone, and I quickly got the answer.

Sometime in the future I will compile this feed as a RSS so you can click on a link to subscribe to, and use on your favorite RSS reader. I'm looking for some feedback on how to refine the site, and expand it to make Twitter more useful on Iowa State campus. I have listed all the criteria that is currently searching Twitter, and you can read that list here. Feel free to shoot me some more Twitter search criteria that I can implement to refine the tweets on this site.

So, go ahead check it out, give me some feedback, and bookmark it. I'm not out to make a profit, I'm just an Iowa State fan that thought of implementing Twitter in a positive way and provide an easier way for people to check on what is going on in the cyclone community.

www.isutweets.com

Starter
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: ISUTweets.com - A website strictly for Iowa State Tweets!

I also should make note that I did register and have ISUtweets.com approved with the Iowa State Trademark Office, so everything is legit!