Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

2010 Brackins???????

This might be a bit premature, but what are the odds he will stay his senior season? We could have a shot at being pretty damn good, and we get either or both HB or ME, then he might stay to play for Final 4.

Oh darn, my kool-aid ran out, gotta go to Walmart to get more

Any news on Gilstrap and Dendy getting extra years? No one has said anything about it for awhile..

We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. -Charles Barkley-

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 24

Re: 2010 Brackins???????

Let's take care of 2009-2010 please.

Won't know redshirts until after next year.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

I also believe we could be 7-9 or 8-8 in conference, 18-20 wins and an NIT birth. We would be one of the snubs for the NCAA.

We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. -Charles Barkley-

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Just be glad we got one more year. No sense ruining it by wishing for two. But then again, with HB in the stable, how could he possibly turn down that opportunity.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 51

I love kool-aid.

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbahotep View Post
    Just be glad we got one more year. No sense ruining it by wishing for two. But then again, with HB in the stable, how could he possibly turn down that opportunity.

Hmmm....a 1 in 350 shot of making the final four with ISU or taking a guaranteed $5 millon by being drafted in the top 10. I honestly don't know how he came to the decision to stay next year. I honestly hope it works out for him but he could very well end up regretting this decision. There are not a lot of versatile 6'10" guys this year in the draft and he would have been right up there, but next year's draft is looking a lot stronger. I don't think he helps himself financially by staying an extra year. He should have gone.

ISU was 15-17 last year and there best victories were over Nebraska, Baylor, UNI and Texas Tech. They had losses against some pretty bad teams in Iowa, Colorado, Hawaii, etc.

Having CB is reason to be happy but for those of you assuming that post season play is inevitable you are way ahead of yourselves. Brackins is good, but the rest of the team is still huge ??? Gilstrap and Colvin will provide athleticism but if the offense remains the same as the last couple of years they will still find themselves standing around as the shot clock winds down.

ISU has had enough talent to win more games; the coaching philosophy has not put them in the best position to win.

Colvin is no better than DG or Buckley and Gilstrap might be a 1 yr improvement over Lucca but no one honestly knows yet.

Better to be conservative and wish for the best than bet it all and say ISU is a lock for post season play. Last I checked Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas and Texas all brought in huge recruiting classes which means ISU is not a lock for anything.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 245
    Given: 921

gitwitit...this isn't the in-state rivals board, you're opinion isn't cared for.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 710
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Dude, if someone just gave you a million dollars would you say "Do you think I could get a second million, I'm not completely satisfied?"

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 210
    Given: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Gitwitit View Post
    Hmmm....a 1 in 350 shot of making the final four with ISU or taking a guaranteed $5 millon by being drafted in the top 10. I honestly don't know how he came to the decision to stay next year. I honestly hope it works out for him but he could very well end up regretting this decision. There are not a lot of versatile 6'10" guys this year in the draft and he would have been right up there, but next year's draft is looking a lot stronger. I don't think he helps himself financially by staying an extra year. He should have gone.

ISU was 15-17 last year and there best victories were over Nebraska, Baylor, UNI and Texas Tech. They had losses against some pretty bad teams in Iowa, Colorado, Hawaii, etc.

Having CB is reason to be happy but for those of you assuming that post season play is inevitable you are way ahead of yourselves. Brackins is good, but the rest of the team is still huge ??? Gilstrap and Colvin will provide athleticism but if the offense remains the same as the last couple of years they will still find themselves standing around as the shot clock winds down.

ISU has had enough talent to win more games; the coaching philosophy has not put them in the best position to win.

Colvin is no better than DG or Buckley and Gilstrap might be a 1 yr improvement over Lucca but no one honestly knows yet.

Better to be conservative and wish for the best than bet it all and say ISU is a lock for post season play. Last I checked Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas and Texas all brought in huge recruiting classes which means ISU is not a lock for anything.
    Talk about sour grapes. Did Craig run over your cat? If he did, he should have ran over it twice.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,291
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 157

Hmmm....a 1 in 350 shot of making the final four with ISU
    REALLY?!? I thought there was a 4 in 350 chance of making the final four. You dumb ***.

#BEATIOWA

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 43

I like Kool-Aid, too.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Why did you quote my post? It really didn't have anything to do with your ramblings.

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”

Starter
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    REALLY?!? I thought there was a 4 in 350 chance of making the final four. You dumb ***.

Ok Genius! There are 340 teams...do you think North Carolina and Furman have the same odds of getting to the final four? Technically 4 out of 340 teams will make the final four, but I would venture to guess that some of those 340 are at higher odds than others. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe you're the guy betting $5 on 1,000 to odds that ISU does in fact make the final four next year. If so, bravo.

For someone to even mention Final Four based on the fact that Brackins is returning is ludicrous. They had a losing record and now, with much of the same team returning, they are magically going to going from 15-17 to the final four?

It's not sour grapes, it's a dose of reality in the midst of positive news for the clones.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by warsend View Post
    This might be a bit premature, but what are the odds he will stay his senior season? We could have a shot at being pretty damn good, and we get either or both HB or ME, then he might stay to play for Final 4.

Oh darn, my kool-aid ran out, gotta go to Walmart to get more

Any news on Gilstrap and Dendy getting extra years? No one has said anything about it for awhile..
    They don't sell Kool aid at wal-mart. Wal-Mart only sells Chinese ****

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    And I'm thinking that cycofan just made the air, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by rworkman83 View Post
    I'll be honest, Cycofan1 sounds much older than what he makes me believe on here.

All-Star
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 12

Ok Genius! There are 340 teams...do you think North Carolina and Furman have the same odds of getting to the final four? Technically 4 out of 340 teams will make the final four, but I would venture to guess that some of those 340 are at higher odds than others. Maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe you're the guy betting $5 on 1,000 to odds that ISU does in fact make the final four next year. If so, bravo.

For someone to even mention Final Four based on the fact that Brackins is returning is ludicrous. They had a losing record and now, with much of the same team returning, they are magically going to going from 15-17 to the final four?

It's not sour grapes, it's a dose of reality in the midst of positive news for the clones.
    You know this because you are some kind of psychic? NCAA mens bball tournament is ANYONE's game. Look at what George Mason has done. Did anyone think they had team to go to the Final Four? No, I didnt think so.

People are just excited about Brackins coming back. Let them be happy. There are no reason for anyone to doubt Cyclone basketball at this point, especially HAPPY day like today.