Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 996
    Given: 2,575

Top 10 Good Things to happen to ISU

I think we are getting a little negative so in an attempt to get some nice thoughts going I'm starting a thread of the 10 best times at ISU
    1. The destruction of UCLA to advance to Elite 8 in mbb

2. The wbb historic win over UCONN to advance to Elite 8 - There in person to see it.

3. Upset of Nebraska in FB 19-10 in 1992 I was there to see it because my uncle thought we had no chance

4. Win over KU to win final big 8 conf. tourney.

5. Bowl win over Pitt in the Insight Bowl - Again I was there in Phoenix - Best bowl trip exp.

6. win over IA in football to snap Iowa's streak

7. The 36-31 comeback over Iowa in Football. I was in Iowa City for the game and I'll never forget that night

8. WBB team's comeback win over MSU to advance to the Elite 8 for a second time

9. The streak of wins ISU had over KU during the tinsley years.

10. ISU's 23-3 domination of IA in FB

I feel much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,295
    Given: 635

Re: Top 10 Good Things to happen to ISU

+1 for you, and a gold star for the day! The glass is half full! And what's in there is Kool aid!

All-Star
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

July 17, 1992

B.F.S.R.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 4

Cael Sanderson
    Troy Davis
    Jeff Grayer

Prospect
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 0

1. The day they hired Johnny

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 348
    Given: 710

Christy Johnson.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 26

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    I think we are getting a little negative so in an attempt to get some nice thoughts going I'm starting a thread of the 10 best times at ISU
    1. The destruction of UCLA to advance to Elite 8 in mbb

2. The wbb historic win over UCONN to advance to Elite 8 - There in person to see it.

3.because my uncle thought we had no chance Upset of Nebraska in FB 19-10 in 1992 I was there to see it

4. Win over KU to win final big 8 conf. tourney.

5. Bowl win over Pitt in the Insight Bowl - Again I was there in Phoenix - Best bowl trip exp.

6. win over IA in football to snap Iowa's streak

7. The 36-31 comeback over Iowa in Football. I was in Iowa City for the game and I'll never forget that night

8. WBB team's comeback win over MSU to advance to the Elite 8 for a second time

9. The streak of wins ISU had over KU during the tinsley years.

10. ISU's 23-3 domination of IA in FB

I feel much better.
    Ok... The 10 Ten was just the last 10 years. A few of these happened over the 10 year limit..

Sorry, just going with the what have you done for me lately.

I have to add... What you have is a very good list. It for some reason seems like ancient history.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 113

Once again, mine are personal, not necessarily program definers...

1) 23-3. First victory over top 10 since Marv Seiler. The kicker was the ridiculous amount of arrogance being spewed by the Hawk faithful all off-season leading up to that game. I told a friend that morning, that I just had a feeling (and I had this feeling for a long time) that we were going to win that. Then we didn't just win, but we dominated. Damn, that felt good.

2) Winning the final Big 8 championship in bball. This is one of my early significant memories of Cyclone athletics. That team was sooo much fun to watch, and to a 10 year old boy, the excitement that day couldn't have been much higher. Pretty huge moment in my Cyclone fan-dom.

3) The comeback win against TT in basketball 2005. Absolute pure Hilton Magic. We were firing on all cylinders during that run, and when we overcame that huge deficit, and then brought Johnny Orr out at halftime, it just felt like the place was going to blow up.

4) 36-31. After taking crap from Hawks all day, it was awesome to see us storm back in Kinnick, in person. Storming the field there was an awesome experience...

5) 15-13. I never thought we had a chance, and I finally got to see the Clones win a close game with last minute heroics on our part. Another vindicating experience.

6) Beating UCLA in the 2000 NCAA tourney. Revenge, anyone?

7) Listening to Pete call the Insight Bowl. It was a snow storm in Northern Iowa, and I couldn't get to a cable tv set. The call on Billups return is one of my all time favorites.

8) Listening to Pete call The Run. Once again, I was denied access to cable tv for this one, because my dip **** friends were more interested in baseball playoffs (they lived in Minnesota, so they had no reason to care about ISU). Goosebumps.

9) Breaking the streak against Iowa in football. My brother and I were cleaning up a huge pile of corn. We listened to the Hawk broadcast, and I think it was Dolph's first year. Great stuff.

10) Beating Nebraska for the 2nd time in a row at JTS, 2004. First time I ever stormed the field. Great day, all around!

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Chile Mac is Back!
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 964

Quote Originally Posted by gocy444 View Post
    July 17, 1992
    I assume that is your birth year?...making a lot of us who aren't that old feel really old.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 205
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Once again, mine are personal, not necessarily program definers...

1) 23-3. First victory over top 10 since Marv Seiler. The kicker was the ridiculous amount of arrogance being spewed by the Hawk faithful all off-season leading up to that game. I told a friend that morning, that I just had a feeling (and I had this feeling for a long time) that we were going to win that. Then we didn't just win, but we dominated. Damn, that felt good.

2) Winning the final Big 8 championship in bball. This is one of my early significant memories of Cyclone athletics. That team was sooo much fun to watch, and to a 10 year old boy, the excitement that day couldn't have been much higher. Pretty huge moment in my Cyclone fan-dom.

3) The comeback win against TT in basketball 2005. Absolute pure Hilton Magic. We were firing on all cylinders during that run, and when we overcame that huge deficit, and then brought Johnny Orr out at halftime, it just felt like the place was going to blow up.

4) 36-31. After taking crap from Hawks all day, it was awesome to see us storm back in Kinnick, in person. Storming the field there was an awesome experience...

5) 15-13. I never thought we had a chance, and I finally got to see the Clones win a close game with last minute heroics on our part. Another vindicating experience.

6) Beating UCLA in the 2000 NCAA tourney. Revenge, anyone?

7) Listening to Pete call the Insight Bowl. It was a snow storm in Northern Iowa, and I couldn't get to a cable tv set. The call on Billups return is one of my all time favorites.

8) Listening to Pete call The Run. Once again, I was denied access to cable tv for this one, because my dip **** friends were more interested in baseball playoffs (they lived in Minnesota, so they had no reason to care about ISU). Goosebumps.

9) Breaking the streak against Iowa in football. My brother and I were cleaning up a huge pile of corn. We listened to the Hawk broadcast, and I think it was Dolph's first year. Great stuff.

10) Beating Nebraska for the 2nd time in a row at JTS, 2004. First time I ever stormed the field. Great day, all around!

good list there

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 653
    Given: 594

My top 10 of games I was at in person

1. Beating Iowa in 2001 in November when the original game was delayed due to Sept. 11th. Adam Runk had the INT to put it away.

2. Beating Texas by 1 when Brian Boddicker missed two free throws. The floor in Hilton was shaking.

3. Insight.com bowl.

4. Independence bowl.

5. Beating Iowa 23-3

6. Beating Iowa 15-13.

7. Beating Nebraska in football in 2004

8. Beating Colorado during the tornado game.

9. ISU-FSU (even though we lost, the comeback was amazing)

10. Beat NU 36-14 in football.

@RandomGeoFacts

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    My top 10 of games I was at in person

1. Beating Iowa in 2001 in November when the original game was delayed due to Sept. 11th. Adam Runk had the INT to put it away.

2. Beating Texas by 1 when Brian Boddicker missed two free throws. The floor in Hilton was shaking.

3. Insight.com bowl.

4. Independence bowl.

5. Beating Iowa 23-3

6. Beating Iowa 15-13.

7. Beating Nebraska in football in 2004

8. Beating Colorado during the tornado game.

9. ISU-FSU (even though we lost, the comeback was amazing)

10. Beat NU 36-14 in football.
    I debated adding that one. Only at ISU could a loss make the top 10 greatest moments.

Starter
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

I would add "The Run" somewhere. That will always be in my head. I didn't have great seats at that game, but they were as good as you could get to see that play. I have never seen a run as incredible as that, and doubt i ever will. Not only was the run great, Michael Wagner's block was incredible.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwqXK_gN974]YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"[/ame]

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TitanClone View Post
    I would add "The Run" somewhere. That will always be in my head. I didn't have great seats at that game, but they were as good as you could get to see that play. I have never seen a run as incredible as that, and doubt i ever will. Not only was the run great, Michael Wagner's block was incredible.

YouTube - Seneca Wallace - "The Run"
    See my #8.

All-Star
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 2

Really good lists--I was thinking the same thing (most of my great memories are now 10+ years now). No real order, just off the cuff.

1. Tailgating. Winning or losing in football, tailgating is always epic.

2. Tim Floyd years +. I was in college from 1995-2000. My ISU basketball opinions are based on what we accomplished in those years. Didn't go to all of the NCAA games, but quite a few. Awesome times.

3. Heading to West Point to watch ISU beat Army. OK, slightly not anything to do with the Cyclones. But, I've never been to a neater place on earth that has solicited such pride and goose bumps.

4. Bill Fennelly. Almost everything associated with him has been fun, including the beers. Watching the games from about 1998 on has been nothing but fantastic. The crowds at the ISU women's games today are very similar to what the men's crowds used to be in Hilton. Clarification: nowhere near as loud, but the same type of vocal, smaller donor type crowd--the men's program needs the donors, but the atmosphere suffers. I would sure love to tell some Megan Taylor stories...

5. Travelling to conference football away games. I've been to every conference stadium to watch a game except for Baylor, A&M, UT, and OSU. Most places suck for tailgating compared to ISU--KSU is remarkably similar.

6. 36-31. I've never watched a better football game, including the Eddie Robinson classic. I swear all the emotion that was pouring out of the Hawk fans when they left was filling me up. Never had such a feeling of adrenaline and pride from a football game, and probably never will again. The range of emotion ending in a positive is rare for a Cyclone fan, and I think that made it exceptional.

7. Cy's House of Trivia. For those of you that haven't done it, you need to. Nothing really like having a beer and shooting the **** with ISU coaches. Most of the people at the University are normal people, just like us, and that night proves it. Great time.

8. Unspoken bond. You know, there is something that most longer-term Cyclone fans share with one another. It's hard to put a finger on it, but you just know that an old Cyclone fan has an iron gut, and isn't in it for the glamour, or because we have pretty colors, or it's the cool thing to do. We just know that we put our heart and soul into the teams, and that other guy did the same with such a small chance of return. But, when that return comes, it is oh so sweet!

9. Troy Davis. I'm going to start off with a blast, just like Troy did on the field. All of you that make fun of his speaking and intelligence ought to be ashamed, and think about turning in your Cyclone card. This guy gave his blood and guts to a ****** ISU team, and deserved the Heisman. Any other team, the guy wins a Heisman and has a long NFL career. We should be naming things after him. I remember one hell of a party at Stanton Manor (yellow bldgs) that he showed up at. Talked briefly before the fire alarm was pulled. Super party.

10. Jack Trice. It's hard to have pride for someone that lived so long ago. Naming our stadium after a person that laid their life on the line during a football game. I won't repeat the whole story, but that is really a source of pride for me.

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!