Hall-Of-Famer Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Does this speech apply yet?

It became apparent the last several weeks that momentum has been lost and there isn't much that can be done to get that momentum back. As each week went by, more and more Cyclone fans have become divided about what is in the best interest of the program. Unfortunately, when our fan base becomes so divided, it makes it impossible to move forward.

Gene Smith, 1993-2000. 7 years, 6 NCAA's, 1 bowl game. Revenue sports postseason participation 50%. Good.
    Bruce Vandevelde, 2000-20005. 5 years, 4 bowl games, 2 NCAA's, 2 NIT's. Postseason participation 80%. Better.
    Jamie Pollard, 2005-. 4 years. 1 bowl game, 0 NCAA's, 0 NIT's. Postseason participation: 13%. The next big step.

My ignore list: splitidentity, tarheelhawk,superdorf, clones_jer. That is all.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

Re: Does this speech apply yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MontyBurns View Post
    It became apparent the last several weeks that momentum has been lost and there isn't much that can be done to get that momentum back. As each week went by, more and more Cyclone fans have become divided about what is in the best interest of the program. Unfortunately, when our fan base becomes so divided, it makes it impossible to move forward.
    Your signature is still inaccurate...you really need to pay attention to all the sports if you want to talk about them all. Until then, do some research.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 1

I just don't understand agenda posts.

I've seen this episode.......

I've seen this episode..........

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 18

Coaching staffs replaced by Pollard:
    football-Had to be done. Hire one of the top asstants in the country, it was a steel at the time to get Chizik. Who knows how PR will do.
    men's basketball-Was a turning into a mess, hired a coach that was wanted by others and had been to the NCAA his last 3 years at UNI. Wasnt a flashy hire but the right one at the time.
    wrestling Douglas best days had past him. He underacheived at ISU. Cael did good as coach and he was the right hire.
    gymnastics Not a great program but still a good one, coach left for a better job.
    soccer Who cares
    cross country, track & field, Underachieved before, things are now getting better.
    women's golf Who cares
    tennis who cares
    softball Things were bad before, the program is getting better

The gap in our economy is between what we have and what we think we ought to have--and that is a moral problem, not an economic one. - Paul Heyne